• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League General Thread 23/24

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Finally the CL is back and this is Arteta’s chance at redemption for years of below par European campaigns.

These are the teams in the pots:

IMG_8069.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

The group stage games will take place on:

Matchday 1: 19/20 September 2023
Matchday 2: 3/4 October 2023
Matchday 3: 24/25 October 2023
Matchday 4: 7/8 November 2023
Matchday 5: 28/29 November 2023
Matchday 6: 12/13 December 2023

So, who do you want from those teams mentioned above?

For me I want Bayern, AC Milan and RC Lens/Real Sociedad to make things interesting and test ourselves in a tough group.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would like PSG, don't think we have faced them many times.

And then maybe Lazio and Celtic.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Rather have Bayern, Milan and Celtic than the Europa group Feyenoord, Braga and Copenhagen

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Napoli, Gala and Rangers please!
Napoli cause i want to see Osimhen, Gala cause i want to see their merry band of thieves and crooks (spearheaded by our beloved midget Torreira) and Rangers cause of the viiiiiiiiibe!
Avoid boring as **** Milan pls

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Barca, Milan and Sociedad. Make it feel like we are actually in the Champions League and not some ****ty Europa League style group. Imagine if we got Feyenoord, Rangers and Young Boys. Poverty fixtures.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Barca, Milan and Sociedad. Make it feel like we are actually in the Champions League and not some ****ty Europa League style group. Imagine if we got Feyenoord, Rangers and Young Boys. Poverty fixtures.
Can't draw both Barca and Real Sociedad.

CL is about knockout ties. Would rather a ****ty Europa League Group then face a big team in the Ro16 than having a CL level group then go play in the Europa League in the Ro32. Give me Sevilla Lazio and Gala.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The pots are inaccurate. Dinamo Zagreb didn't make it to the Playoffs, they lost to AEK Athens. The winner of Antwerp vs. AEK will make it to the groups instead of them, which changes the way Pot 3 and Pot 4 look also because Dinamo would've been in Pot 3.

The Playoffs haven't finished yet, none of the ties are a formality, either. The first legs all ended in close results. It could well be PSV instead of Rangers, Panathinaikos instead of Braga, Maccabi Haifa instead of Young Boys, etc.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Close proximity is best, I want the boys ready for the hard pre and post CL group fixtures.

So like the sounds of Feyernoord, Rangers/Celtic and Spanish team.

Reactions: A_G

UpTheGunnerz

Close proximity is best, I want the boys ready for the hard post CL group fixtures.

So like the sounds of Feyernoord, Rangers/Celtic and Spanish team.

Is the amount of travel really that big of factor?
It feels like something fans just have a hang up on

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
As @SA Gunner says, we have some tricky games around the CL:

Everton A
Matchday 1: 19/20 September 2023
Tottenham H

Bournemouth A

Matchday 2: 3/4 October 2023
Man City H

Chelsea A

Matchday 3: 24/25 October 2023
Sheffield Utd H

Newcastle A

Matchday 4: 7/8 November 2023
Burnley H

Brentford A

Matchday 5: 28/29 November 2023
Wolves H

Aston Villa A

Matchday 6: 12/13 December 2023
Brighton H

UpTheGunnerz

I've googled the flying distances now and seems the furthest is Pireas, Greece, with a 3 h 40 min. So ofc u might prefer teams more in the vicinity but i shan't be hearing any arguments that it will be a difference in performance. If mikel was to use such excuses i would go absolutely mental

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom