• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League General Thread 23/24

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The pots are inaccurate. Dinamo Zagreb didn't make it to the Playoffs, they lost to AEK Athens. The winner of Antwerp vs. AEK will make it to the groups instead of them, which changes the way Pot 3 and Pot 4 look also because Dinamo would've been in Pot 3.

The Playoffs haven't finished yet, none of the ties are a formality, either. The first legs all ended in close results. It could well be PSV instead of Rangers, Panathinaikos instead of Braga, Maccabi Haifa instead of Young Boys, etc.

Makes no difference to us.

Plumbers and farmers the lot of them 😭

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I've googled the flying distances now and seems the furthest is Pireas, Greece, with a 3 h 40 min. So ofc u might prefer teams more in the vicinity but i shan't be hearing any arguments that it will be a difference in performance. If mikel was to use such excuses i would go absolutely mental

Now, if Astana was in the competition, of course that would be the least prefered destination.

UpTheGunnerz

Well then it doesn’t really matter at all really, if they head home straight away. Especially if it is like in this years set up where the maximum difference in travel seems to be ranging from 1 to 3 hours max

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Well then it doesn’t really matter at all really, if they head home straight away. Especially if it is like in this years set up where the maximum difference in travel seems to be ranging from 1 to 3 hours max
It matters in years where there’s multiple Turkish or Eastern European teams

UpTheGunnerz

It matters in years where there’s multiple Turkish or Eastern European teams

Yeah as I mentioned in previous post, if Astana was in this years set up I would buy that argument since it’s a 10h travel. This year the difference is so minimal that I can’t really be bothered since there is no way I would accept that it would have any impact on the players performance

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We've not shown anything in Europe yet so as easy a group as possible. Make sure we get into the knockouts.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Napoli

I have a dream that Arteta sees Osimhen up close and pushes for him next summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Benfica/Feneynoord, Rangers and Copenhagen... don't care if we get an easy group, just want the first match back to be at The Emirates hopefully.

PS...the day before this, the PFA awards from last season will be finally announced I think... football is so weird now :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It would be fitting for Arsenal to play in another final in Wembley.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
LMAO virtue signaling to the infinity and beyond.
How is it virtue signalling to back the guy accused of inappropriate behaviour? It’s literally the opposite of whatever virtue signalling is supposed to be.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

How is it virtue signalling to back the guy accused of inappropriate behaviour? It’s literally the opposite of whatever virtue signalling is supposed to be.

The Spanish FA asking for every Spanish team to be removed from competitions as a form of protest for an incident? Or am I reading that wrong?

(yes it was inappropriate but it's being blown to insane proportions by the Spanish FA IF I'm reading that right. That constitutes virtue signaling to me)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Spanish FA asking for every Spanish team to be removed from competitions as a form of protest? Or am I reading that wrong?
The Spanish FA are angry that their government has tried to remove the president, so they’re threatening to leave UEFA if this happens. I don’t see how that’s “virtue signalling”, they’re basically willing to screw over their club teams rather than admit Hermoso was wronged.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

The Spanish FA are angry that their government has tried to remove the president, so they’re threatening to leave UEFA if this happens. I don’t see how that’s “virtue signalling”, they’re basically willing to screw over their club teams rather than admit Hermoso was wronged.

Ah Ok, I had it reversed. I thought the Spanish Gvt were stopping him being removed and they were going to pull out of all comps in protest over it which would be insane. Now I see they are being insane for the opposite reason. I assumed he was fired already lmao

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom