• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 1 (Sep 19 & 20)

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Great. Just clocked City have the best striker in the league and also the second best striker in the league in the same team.

What happened to all the strikers bro. Such scarcity. No youth players want to grow up wanting to be a striker anymore?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Great. Just clocked City have the best striker in the league and also the second best striker in the league in the same team.

What happened to all the strikers bro. Such scarcity. No youth players want to grow up wanting to be a striker anymore?
A whole generation of kids grew up with Henry first and then Cristiano, Messi, Neymar and Salah scoring a bunch of goals from the half spaces. It's more glamourous to be able to pick the ball up in those areas and do something spectacular than what someone like Haaland or Kane does. It's the same reason that every kid who likes basketball would rather shoot long threes even if they're tall. They've grown up with Steph Curry and he's cooler than someone like Dwight Howard.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I posted about the downfall of the competition yesterday and I’ve seen a few posts state the same today; but, there were actually quite a few goals today including a clutch moment for Lazio. Has it actually fallen or are we just nostalgic?

I don’t get this longing for todays youth to idolise a less exciting style of player either.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Newcastle should be banned from Europe for sheer dullness. It is strange because with less money, at smaller clubs Howe played more expansive football. With more money and better players he is trying to be the English Jose.

I have to say that I haven’t been this excited for a non league Arsenal Match since our last FA cup final. We need to win it soon, another English club winning their first and us not winning this sticks in my craw like no other. If Arteta wins us CL, i will tattoo his face on my bum and give you guys the good fortune of seeing said tattoo, give me an excuse to moon you lot. It starts now lads Cinderella run to the final with Kai Havertz scoring his second CL final winner. Lol

Thrice

I posted about the downfall of the competition yesterday and I’ve seen a few posts state the same today; but, there were actually quite a few goals today including a clutch moment for Lazio. Has it actually fallen or are we just nostalgic?

I don’t get this longing for todays youth to idolise a less exciting style of player either.
One thing that's probably ruining football the most for me is teams using the high press. It always sucks the air out of the game. Now you have games where one team has like 70-80% possession because the other team can't even get out of their half which is just ridiculous.

I often find myself enjoying Championship games more these days than Premier League football. Obviously the quality of football in general in the Premier League is much higher, but lower league football is more chaotic and chaos makes football unpredictable and therefore more watchable in my eyes.

Farzad Stoned

Has to be said Barca looked phenomenal against an overmatched Antwerp side. Every match i have watched Felix and Lewandowski look like they been playing together for years. They are Barca, but to rebuild as fast as they have; while being financially limited by their standards is quite a feat. Used to be a time none of the English big boys could compete financially with Spanish giants it will be interesting see if without the big money edge will they still dominate this competition

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Has to be said Barca looked phenomenal against an overmatched Antwerp side. Every match i have watched Felix and Lewandowski look like they been playing together for years. They are Barca, but to rebuild as fast as they have; while being financially limited by their standards is quite a feat. Used to be a time none of the English big boys could compete financially with Spanish giants it will be interesting see if without the big money edge will they still dominate this competition
Gotta give it to Xavi, the man took Auba and Felix, two underperforming strikers nobody really wanted, and made them look good.

Farzad Stoned

Gotta give it to Xavi, the man took Auba and Felix, two underperforming strikers nobody really wanted, and made them look good.
Great to see a young Spanish manager who actually was a great player winning league, must be a nice feeling.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom