• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions Quarter-Finals (Aug 12-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,772
  • Views 63,658

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Interesting Ronaldinho v Neymar debate kinda trending on twitter right now...

...Ronnie might be the most fun player to watch that I have seen in my time.

Nah there isn't even a comparison here. neymarnis great and all but Ronaldinho Gaúcho was just unplayable.

El Duderino

Listen Gaúcho made fools of defenders on a regular basis. It was like Prime Henry but with less goals and more shamelessness.

He completely ended Real Madrid for almost a decade in a single glorious game. So shaken they had to go and get Cristiano Ronaldo from Man United.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@El Duderino surely they are matched for shamelessness. :lol:

The fake shot at 3:26 before he gets absolutely clattered kills me everytime. :lol:

4:26 is a personal fave as well, ****ing Di Maria. :mad:

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Feel he's overrated. He has it in him, but he seems more bark than bite. He's what now, 28?

I probably don't know football much though
You do know football which is why you ended your post with that line, as you knew you had just uttered some football blasphemy.

Neymar passes every statistical test and as for the eye test...well yesterday he was phenomenal sans finishing. There was a stint at Barca where Messi was injured and he was legitimately the best player in the world for a month or two.

Injuries have cost him two CL campaigns in a row I think which is why his stock has kind of plummeted as nobody respects what he's doing in Ligue1 even though the numbers are insane.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You do know football which is why you ended your post with that line, as you knew you had just uttered some football blasphemy.

Neymar passes every statistical test and as for the eye test...well yesterday he was phenomenal sans finishing. There was a stint at Barca where Messi was injured and he was legitimately the best player in the world for a month or two.

Injuries have cost him two CL campaigns in a row I think which is why his stock has kind of plummeted as nobody respects what he's doing in Ligue1 even though the numbers are insane.

Neymar is better than Ronaldo and has been for a few years, but people aren't ready to have that discussion.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Is that an autocorrect? :lol::lol::lol:

Did you ban him? Literally the worst poster in the forum. He was the bizarro mark Tobias, would literally disagree with anything you said and change the goal posts every time you presented evidence that shut him up.

Can't believe that "Blud" was the straw that broke the camels back on this one.

Can't believe I missed all of that :lol:

Those transfer threads are always full of pages of bullsh*t and move so fast so I can't keep up so I miss stuff like that.

vantoure

I'm happy to receive the complement :), but I've wondered about the high ratings Neymar and Hazard regularly get.

I agree with the Barca stint (was it 2016 or so?), I just think he's not done it regularly enough. I keep expecting him to seize the throne, at least from Ronaldo, if not Messi.

For yesterday's match, I felt he wasn't decisive enough at the key moments (the pre-assist to Mbappe and the narrowly missed shot from outside the 18, aside). If his career were to end now, it feels like he wouldn't have successfully dragged a team up by himself the way the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, etc. have done.

Similarly with Hazard, again I know he's quite good, but being regarded as the 3rd best in the world by most at one time, I just couldn't see it.

Maybe Messi / Ronaldo have set the bar too high though. Think I'm missing something

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm happy to receive the complement :), but I've wondered about the high ratings Neymar and Hazard regularly get.

I agree with the Barca stint (was it 2016 or so?), I just think he's not done it regularly enough. I keep expecting him to seize the throne, at least from Ronaldo, if not Messi.

For yesterday's match, I felt he wasn't decisive enough at the key moments (the pre-assist to Mbappe and the narrowly missed shot from outside the 18, aside). If his career were to end now, it feels like he wouldn't have successfully dragged a team up by himself the way the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Zidane, etc. have done.

Similarly with Hazard, again I know he's quite good, but being regarded as the 3rd best in the world by most at one time, I just couldn't see it.

Maybe Messi / Ronaldo have set the bar too high though. Think I'm missing something
I think they have set the bar too high. Messi would probably have scored both of Neymar's chances in addition to what Neymar did in that game and Ronaldo is probably the most clutch player of all time.

The drop off from them two at their peaks to 3rd place was so big it makes 3rd place look bad.:lol:

El Duderino

@El Duderino surely they are matched for shamelessness. :lol:

The fake shot at 3:26 before he gets absolutely clattered kills me everytime. :lol:

4:26 is a personal fave as well, ****ing Di Maria. :mad:

Those are great and all, but Ronaldinho was the champion and MVP of the football tourney he played in the Paraguayan prison he was at for four months for entering the country with a fake paraguayn ID because he wasn't supposed to leave Brasil. Levels, fam.

Side note, Paraguay is seen as "counterfit land" by a lot of Brazilians, so the irony here is through the roof.

Jakarta

Neymar is better than Ronaldo and has been for a few years, but people aren't ready to have that discussion.

Neymar would’ve won a ballon d’or or two if he didn’t make such a silly move during his peak years.

Absolute quality player, I love watching him play. He’s the type of player you pay money to watch.

He's going to carry PSG to winning the Champions League.

Na don’t think so, I would be happy for him if he did, but this PSG despite their financial doping are lacking serious quality in certain areas.

Their midfield without Verratti has no creativity. Also Icardi is ridiculously poor, he offers nothing outside the box, he made Choupo Moting look like The complete striker.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
TyUBmrWN

WPy94qYx

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom