UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 30, 2019.

?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

94.7%
  2. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Standard win

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

That doesn’t make any sense.

Young players are developing but have played for Arsenal for 10+ years. They know the language, the culture and the style of play. Guys like Willock and Nelson have been training with the first team for years. The main thing they’re dealing with is adapting to senior football.

On the other hand Pepe while more developed is learning to speak a new language, in a new country playing a new style of football and he’s not exactly a seasoned veteran.

If you’re choosing to discount all that then I just have to suspect that this is another one of your agendas. It’s a shame he hasn’t had an Alexis Sanchez style impact but how many 24 year olds come to this league and hit the ground running instantly with zero PL experience.

Off the top of my head I remember Aguero and KDB and even KDB had spent some time in England before hand. I’m also disappointed but I won’t start writing him off till late this season.

iamdaguy, Symbia and NieThePiet like this.
  2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

LMAO. He feel awkwardly and shamefully.

3. Jury

Jesus christ :lol:

Iceman10 and blaze_of_glory like this.
  4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

5. blaze_of_glory

If you're expecting fairness, its been gone a while.

But also it's true.

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

That's some stat :lol:

7. blaze_of_glory

All the other four are either gone or banished :lol:

8. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I thought it was a very bad idea to bring Auba on in a game which was 4-0 with 10 minutes left. If he'd had a Cazorla-type injury I would have been very, very unhappy.

Makingtrax likes this.
  9. Jury

I'm expecting, or hoping, for happiness and hope! You've probably over-celebrated and are coming down now.
    :Celebration:

10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Pepe shouldn't be getting more excuses than developing youngsters. Period. I doubt he is the next Aguero or KDB either. FFS. :lol:

Doubt he will make it here. Very AMN like character on the field which doesn't bode well. I'm usually very fair to newcomers but even if you take in consideration that he is adapting to new league, language, food, etc there is nothing he has shown that say "alright lets calm down, there is something there, we just have to wait for it to get out".

11. blaze_of_glory

I'm always happy when we win!

Jury and Mo Britain like this.
  12. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

People don't understand he's a world class reader of the game. Off the ball he's fantastic but it is true he's been mediocre with the ball. However, unlike Xhaka he can deal with being pressed, just doesn't have his range of passing (which is never utilized anyways).

black187 likes this.
  13. Jury

It's not 6am either where you are too. You could have a beverage and not feel like an alcoholic :drool:

14. blaze_of_glory

I'm at work :lol:

Not able to actually watch, just follow on here and check highlights. Took monday off for the Man U game so couldn't do again today

15. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

[​IMG]

16. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Non strikers scoring so many goals. Emery won't let a travesty like that continue.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  17. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Thursday night Vieira

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

[​IMG]

19. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

You could've. Just tell your boss that your Belgian cousin was murdered.

20. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Sadly... But doozy and Xhaka doesn’t works. And sadly Emery will do it again and again.

Today at first goal Emery went to Xhaka and celebrate it with him as he was the manager sitting and watching the game. Xhaka rules this team hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.