• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: CSKA Moscow (1) v Arsenal (4) | April 12, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

wtf does Koscielny mean with no pressure? Anything less than winning the Europa would be a failure of a season.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Spot on. Especially if you consider the bias. If Sevilla or Ajax or whoever do great in the Europa League, everyone creams themselves over them. If Arsenal do it, it's just meh. I know there's different levels of expectations involved going by where fans expect Arsenal to be, but it's an international competition with decent teams involved. Getting to the finals or even winning it would be huge platform to push on next season - if through off field business Arsenal actually try to push on.
Why are you comparing us to Sevilla and Ajax

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Surely there were 3 stand out players in that game. Ramsey and Welbeck to make two clinical finishes and Elneny to supply them both with precision passes. The rest was meh.

Agree with this. Elneny was poor in the first half though. His second half performance was much better. Thought Welbeck showed some nice touches before he got his goal and was much better than Lacazette. The rest were awful with Wilshere being the worst of the lot.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Elneny had a 7/10 game at very best fwiw, but this was a night when you needed someone to stand up in that split second and make the difference, and he did. That's all it was about.

Additionally it didn't help having jack as a passenger for virtually the whole game.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

wtf does Koscielny mean with no pressure? Anything less than winning the Europa would be a failure of a season.

The Captain feels no pressure, the manager feels no pressure, it runs right through our team because win or lose they keep their jobs and play the next game.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Arsenal are the richest team in the competition, the semifinals should be the bare minimum for us tbh.

What about Atletico...on a serious note, I don't know how rich/poor they are.

I do agree on what you wrote, but haven't Arsenal just gone through to the semi finals? It was a limp game and there's a lot wrong with the team, probably mentality as the most glaring one. But still...super Atletico went through on a shallow 2:1. Marseille did show up, but Leipzig are dodgy at least. The only big wtf is Salzburg. I'm wary of a lot that happened during tonight's game, but in context the 5-3 going into the bare minimum semi finals has been done.

LG10

Pretty poor performance all around, nothing to be concerned about though. Rightly or wrongly, its very hard for the players to get up for these 2nd leg ties against poverty teams. As soon as we turned it on a bit they couldn't handle us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Additionally it didn't help having jack as a passenger for virtually the whole game.

Jack has been a passenger for the last 3 or 4 games yet our experienced manager keeps on starting him. We made it difficult for ourselves tonight by our approach to the game and the team selection. It happens time and time again!

HBL

Established Member
Despite being a calamity on the ball in the first half, I thought Kosc had a very good game defensively. Read the game very well and made some good interceptions, Chambers also looks a lot more composed than Mustafi, should certainly be our second choice cb.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
What about Atletico...on a serious note, I don't know how rich/poor they are.

I do agree on what you wrote, but haven't Arsenal just gone through to the semi finals? It was a limp game and there's a lot wrong with the team, probably mentality as the most glaring one. But still...super Atletico went through on a shallow 2:1. Marseille did show up, but Leipzig are dodgy at least. The only big wtf is Salzburg. I'm wary of a lot that happened during tonight's game, but in context the 5-3 going into the bare minimum semi finals has been done.
I agree, and I am not complaining, but again, Arsenal and Atleti are levels above other teams in the competition (at least on paper), and I would have been shocked if we hadn't made at least the semi finals. Both United & Pool reached the finals as well. I could be happy with just the semi finals another time, but our season has been really **** and only the win in the EL can save us :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom