• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw UEL R16 1st Leg: Sporting CP 2 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday, March 9 | KO: 17:45 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

0-1515616926-width640height480.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not a popular opinion, however I think that Saka should be on the bench against Fulham and used as a supersub if needed.

I'm not saying that I'm going to underestimate Fulham but we're good offensively even without Bukayo and second leg against Sporting is far more important than Craven Cottage.
This won't happen Uncle because first we got limited option upfront he also our key player without him we lose so much offensively

NZgunner

Not a popular opinion, however I think that Saka should be on the bench against Fulham and used as a supersub if needed.

I'm not saying that I'm going to underestimate Fulham but we're good offensively even without Bukayo and second leg against Sporting is far more important than Craven Cottage.
No. Just No.

There's no way I want us to gamble on league games in favour of this second rate competition - I'm already really pissed that Arteta demanded another 90+ minutes out of Saka today.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's 15 degrees in Lisbon right now. Going from snow, flying on a plan and then landing definitely had an effect on the players.

Sporting travelling to the freezing cold after we are more accustomed to it will be an advantage for us.

ThePortugueseGunner

I must say I didn't expect Sporting to put up such a fight. Then again, it was a classic game of a team that sees the Europa League as the only way to salvage anything from this season against another who has greater objectives in mind.

Sporting put up a great fight and if Paulinho wasn't the miserable striker he is, Sporting could've got to 3-1. Instead, he missed and we tied the game right after.

Even so, I expect Arsenal to take the second leg more seriously and solve this relatively easily.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I have no idea why Martinelli, Saka, Partey, and Gabriel were used at all. This is embarrassing, we burned the legs of our two over used attackers to draw with a team of fisherman or longshoremen or something. The defending and goalkeeping from both sides was horrific. Otherwise we created nothing. Reiss-Nelson deserves his shot but despite what others thought I don’t think he offered much today. Zinchenko needs to check himself before he gets redcarded by a typical Pl boffhead ref.

Turner was a total horror show, he not only looked like a pub league keeper he looked like he tied one on at the pub before he started the match. Used to be you could rely on the Yanks to produce a decent keeper but they can’t even manage that apparently

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With all due respect, the English talking about the weather is at times laughable. There was a wee bit of sleet at the United game, and the commentator is talking about "a blizzard". You'd think it was a full white out...

It is not Russia in -25C we're talking about here. If Sporting loses, it will not be because of the horrendous blizzards of Islington...It's a pity Ernest Shackleton couldn't comment on the commentator.

balthazar

Two-two draw away is a fine result. They need to score in the next match. But Saka and Martinelli play the full 90 is not good. Hope the medical staff know what they are doing. Seen only the extended highlights, but Turner does not will me with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom