• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Rennes (3) | March 14, 2019 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think this is in the balance. 2-0 shouldn't be unachievable but, despite Sunday, our defence still looks highly porous and they are likely to score which means we need to get 4 to win and there haven't been that many games this season where we've done that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sooo much more convenient for my work schedule than those damn 12:45 Eastern start times! Thanks for posting.

Weekday afternoon games are tough for those who work (it doesn't matter so much to us old bums, although sometimes it messes with my nap). It helps being ahead an hour this week as well because the game is a 4 p.m. instead of 3.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'll have to give an IOU to my wife to watch TV so late!

Weekday afternoon games are tough for those who work (it doesn't matter so much to us old bums, although sometimes it messes with my nap). It helps being ahead an hour this week as well because the game is a 4 p.m. instead of 3.
I don't take naps...the naps take me.:eek:ops:

Sooo much more convenient for my work schedule than those damn 12:45 Eastern start times! Thanks for posting.
baaah! Midnight kickoff for me.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
For those in the U.S., Thursday's Europa League TV schedule (all times Eastern):

Dynamo Kiev vs. Chelsea, 1:55 p.m., UniMas
Salzburg vs. Napoli, 1:55 p.m., Galavision
Krasnodar vs. Valencia, 1:55 p.m., Univision Deportes
Inter vs. Frankfurt, 4 p.m., UniMas
Slavia Prague vs. Sevilla, 4 p.m., Univision Deportes
Arsenal vs. Rennes, 4 p.m., Galavision
4pm, what a time. 7am kick off here in Sydney, 15 mins after I start work :(

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Time to swat them aside as we are capable of doing to teams that show up at The Emirates.

A win here will set us up well to end the season strongly. Wins beget wins, we're a confidence team. The deeper we go in the Europa League will (apologies for using so foul a word) spur the team on in the race for top 4 and hopefully ensure we either get through the league or win the bloody thing.

Last edited:

Bergkamp1988

I don't understand some people's worry here..

Before the Sokratis incident, Rennes were nowhere to be seen near our goal last week. They were choking under pressure and playing awful football. We should have won this game 4-0 away.

Rennes will be shivering with fear at the Emirates tomorrow considering how unexpirienced and weak minded they showed to be in the first leg.

I can't imagine they'll score a goal.
Easy win from 2-0 to 4-0.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We should push them till the very end, there are no excuses to go out even at home.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
People's worry is due to what happened not to what might or should have happened. We lost 3-1. On top of that we have kept what three clean sheets all season?

I hope Rennes are shivering but they will take comfort from the two goal cushion so the best way of winning this is to go for them from the first whistle and score early.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
People's worry is due to what happened not to what might or should have happened. We lost 3-1. On top of that we have kept what three clean sheets all season?

I hope Rennes are shivering but they will take comfort from the two goal cushion so the best way of winning this is to go for them from the first whistle and score early.

13 clean sheets, actually.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't understand some people's worry here..

Before the Sokratis incident, Rennes were nowhere to be seen near our goal last week. They were choking under pressure and playing awful football. We should have won this game 4-0 away.

Rennes will be shivering with fear at the Emirates tomorrow considering how unexpirienced and weak minded they showed to be in the first leg.

I can't imagine they'll score a goal.
Easy win from 2-0 to 4-0.
Just worrying we can't adapt when we are down a man. In this sport that is crucial. We will go down to 10 every now and then.

IchirotoV2

Much of the worry would be; we've gone out of European competitions against teams we shouldn't before. I'd feel much better with Kolasinac at LB with Kos and Monreal as the CB pairing, than let mustafi anywhere near this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom