• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony's nose

The defence needs tearing to shreds prob cost 150 million.

I don't blame Emery for how pants the back four are.However you can blame him for our style of play which I'm not a fan of . It may look better if the players were actually better quality .

But that's the magic word quality which if we are honest quality is what we won't have under this regime.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Dv2CK-YUwAA3jeO.jpg:large

Should have told the fans to **** off tbh, or did the shush thing like Mourinho did.

He's too classy a man to do something like that. He clearly prefers to let results dictate his arguements.

So long as they're improving the fans will fall in line.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Agreed. We've got some of the whiniest fans n the sport at the moment. Hugely embarrassing.
But at least they are there and invested, albeit maybe not the most positive. But that is better than it was last season when they were staying away.

Think Emery's response was good. He explains what he wanted to achieve with the sub. He is the manager and he makes the decisions. Not the players and not the fans. Like it should be.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
But at least they are there and invested, albeit maybe not the most positive. But that is better than it was last season when they were staying away.

Think Emery's response was good. He explains what he wanted to achieve with the sub. He is the manager and he makes the decisions. Not the players and not the fans. Like it should be.
subbing a goal scorer for another goal scorer could be seen as rather a good move - but I would like to see Laca and Auba, with Özil behind them, be given more minutes together, to see what, if anything, comes of it - if it can be made to work it could be something special

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The sub board went up. Lacas head visibly dropped. The crowd booed for about 6-7 seconds. Laca clocked what was happening, perked up and started clapping and made the old "think" sign to his forehead.

Really is a storm in a teacup. Slow news day :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Booing the manager because of a sub (who scored 5 minutes later) after 6 months. Disgusting behavior by the so called "fans".
I was booing Emery in front of the TV when he subbed Laca again tbh. We were only 2-1 up. I really understand where they come from. I was very happy to see the uplifting gesture from Laca though.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why s**t football?? We scored 46 goals in 21 games that average more than 2 goals a game only defense is issue.

Come on. We scored lots but most of it is down to the massive quality up front. Aubameyang is absolutely in form, league top scorer and super efficient with his chances.

Up until the first goal I felt Fulham were more "clinical" and got more out of the game the way the approached it, although we had more of the ball. The Xhaka goal came somewhat out of nothing. It feels a bit like we don't create chances, but happen into them - with the main difference in comparison to past seasons being we have a proper striker/clinical finisher up front.

The Lacazette goal looked better, but then you have movement in there which creates space. Auba and Kola both move around. Need to see that more often from the team.

And sure it's a quality you need to withstand pressure and then punish a pushing opposition that's opened up, but against a team like Fulham it shouldn't come to that. They never really looked like a proper team and still got very good chances and a goal. Especially in games like this the incoherency and randomness of our attack hampers us. The team doesn't have any tools at hand, there's not enough movement and we fail to create space in the attacking third. Same as always. Like I said, the big difference is we now have actual strikers up front who make the most of most of the chances falling to them. The team definitely has to chops to attack better, glimpses like the second goal show that, but is has to become more natural to them and happen more often.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The defence needs tearing to shreds prob cost 150 million.

I don't blame Emery for how pants the back four are.However you can blame him for our style of play which I'm not a fan of . It may look better if the players were actually better quality .

But that's the magic word quality which if we are honest quality is what we won't have under this regime.
Agree with this especially about style of play. However, half the defence are his players so I'm surprised that he hasn't been better defensively.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Some of the problems we have had recently show that the squad actually isn't that deep, especially on the defensive side. What we have fielded at CB and RB hasn't been great to be honest. When we had our preferred back four / five (Monreal, Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding and Bellerin) we looked alright, although still quite shaky at times. Without some of that first 'five' we have really stunk up the place.

Hope Emery gets the funds to strengthen the squad in January and especially in the summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some of the problems we have had recently show that the squad actually isn't that deep, especially on the defensive side. What we have fielded at CB and RB hasn't been great to be honest. When we had our preferred back four / five (Monreal, Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding and Bellerin) we looked alright, although still quite shaky at times. Without some of that first 'five' we have really stunk up the place.

Hope Emery gets the funds to strengthen the squad in January and especially in the summer.

Emery started out with a back four, seldomly changed to a back five, but as soon as an injury crisis hits he goes to a default back 5 or at least sticks to it adding unneccessary personnel pressure. That all has been somewhat of a homemade crisis. Can't understand really how you can opt for a back three if you barely have two healthy CBs...that's like inviting catastrophy into your home.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was booing Emery in front of the TV when he subbed Laca again tbh. We were only 2-1 up. I really understand where they come from. I was very happy to see the uplifting gesture from Laca though.
Reckon he’s been told by the board to showcase Ramsey ready for the January bids.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feel sorry for Unai having such a disparity between the quality up front and problems at the back with both injuries and the calibre of players. I’d want to sell Sokratis and Mustafi and together with the money from Ramsey buy two decent CBs, with Holding and Kos as back up.

Reactions: Jae

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Feel sorry for Unai having such a disparity between the quality up front and problems at the back with both injuries and the calibre of players. I’d want to sell Sokratis and Mustafi and together with the money from Ramsey buy two decent CBs, with Holding and Kos as back up.
Of the CBs I would keep Sokratis, Holding and Mustafi. Kos is not going to come back to top form again (age and injury). I would add at least 1, better 2, high quality CBs to that mix. Plus we need at least one RB and LB each. Lichtsteiner is just awful as a backup with no future.

Then we need a couple of midfielders also...

:) Think my squad revamp will not come on the cheap...

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Mustafi is having his best season in an arsenal shirt so far IMO and was ok when not injured.

So maybe we will find a buyer for him this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom