• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You have no idea what you're talking about. You make it out as if Emery is so genius and Özil and Ramsey are some how beneath him, when if anything it is the other way around. If you can't manage players off Özil and Ramsey talent then you're worth **** all.

Özil and Ramsey are good players, but overrated and can be replaced.

Emery is the manager, and ANY manager has every right to use their own tactics.
And that is the manger’s job to design a overall philosophy and make slight adjustments to specifically counter the opponents’ game-plan. Players are tools to execute what the manager wants.
So if drogba and lampard don’t fit guardiola’s tiki taka, they will be replaced. And if Özil and Ramsey don’t fit Emery’s tactics, the same should happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

pacstud

Yeah but the facts suggest that his opinion is off base .
YOUR facts. The ones that you choose that support your argument. Like 3 FA cups. Notable, and nice, but absolutely irrelevant in an appraisal of an individual player. So a "fact", but not a pertinent one.

Auba is an absolute beast. So he's playing all the time. Laca has been subbed out late game by both Wenger and now Emery. Seems to be a trend unrelated to the manager. Also not uncommon to take off your striker late.

Özil is currently "hurt" according to Özil. Özil makes somewhere just short of 2 million each month. We should not be grateful he makes nice passes, but expecting that he be WC in all phases. He simply isn't. He's defensive "shortcomings" are ludicrous at the WC level for a central player.

The main "fact" is that currently we are no better or worse under Emery. We are in contention for a CL spot and hardware. The struggles of late are his first true test and we'll see where we are in March.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil and Ramsey are overrated anyway. Replace them in the summer transfer window would do.

Ask any Madrid fans, they’ll tell you he was not consistent enough.
He was not on the same level of iniesta, modric or silva, in terms of individual skills, involvement of play, and consistency.

I won’t criticise him on his defending since he is an attacking player.
But why have I always think Özil is overrated? It’s because of his inability in his attacking play.

Özil likes to stay out of the build ups as much as possible, observe for the exact right moment, and execute the most accurate pass.
Whereas what I wanted is someone like iniesta, modric or silva, who are constantly involved in build ups, always try to make good through passes, always want to create space with good movement, play lots of one twos, and try to beat defenders with individual skills.
Not staying out of the picture and just making the final pass the the end.

In terms of stats, of course his stats would looks good, as he always wait for that exact right moment to make the perfect pass.
But for the team, i would rather have a CAM who is always involve in plays. The CAM may not get as much assist but the whole team will play better, with more possession, and the other attackers will have more assists, and more chances would be created.

Özil was often praised with his ‘creativity’ on the final ball. But his ‘creativity’ on the general play in the midfield is lacking. To me, a world class CAM has to be good in both. What we need is the Cazorla type of player, not Özil.

He is overrated, a good player but not world class, certainly not irreplaceable.

Tom349

The New year, the same miserable people. You can't silence them, because they're always the loudest. The best we can do is to ignore them.

New Year same **** football. Don't know what happened to Arsenal fans but it appears you have grown to accept mediocrity.

All good, I'm sure this thread will read a lot differently in 18 months time when the same problems exist.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
New Year same **** football. Don't know what happened to Arsenal fans but it appears you have grown to accept mediocrity.

All good, I'm sure this thread will read a lot differently in 18 months time when the same problems exist.
Why s**t football?? We scored 46 goals in 21 games that average more than 2 goals a game only defense is issue.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'd say this is why he's here. Wenger never did this. And I can possibly tell you we aren't better off because Wenger kept those two in and we were no better.
Not sole cause, but primary. And I said this for Wenger as well. We have bad personnel in the back. Better with Bellerin and Monreal, but still bad.

Worse? Again, gonna have to disagree. We're no better, but not worse.

I'm curious to see if a healthy Kos and Papa can play well together. I'd like to give that duo time and see how we look with those two and Hector/Nacho flanking them.
No better no worse in terms of results.
But we have better tactics, better substitutions, better signings.
And our manger is adapting to a new culture, new language, working with new people, new players.
Players are receiving new tactical instructions ( they never experience that in wenger’s time)
So the results may be no better or worse but everything is getting better and better.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
His sitting stars for no reason other than to feed his own ego. You can't possibly tell me we're better off without Özil or Ramsey playing the 10. There is zero justification for the way he is treating them.

Im sick of hearing about our defensive options as if they're the sole cause for all our issues. The defensive set up is just as bad as the options Emery has to work with and so far Emery has only made our defence worse than what it was under Wenger despite committing less numbers forward. Some defensive issues can only be solved through new signings but issues such as not shutting down crosses can be drilled into players and this is something Emery should have been able to drill into players throughout preseason.

If the only way to win is to outscore teams than why are we lining up with 3 at the back and why when given the chance to make a more aggressive sub do you bring on another holding mid in Torreira instead of Ramsey. Who had he been on early I've very confident would have finished the game off a lot sooner given the Fulham had no idea on how to track runs from midfield.
Why 3 at the back? Here is why

Sometimes 3 at the back are necessary, because emery’s tactics is so attacking that he pushes everyone up to create overload.
The problem is, the opponent can then also creat an attacking overload to us, as we are short in numbers at the back.
That’s why we are having a DLP and DM to protect our back line. But depends on the opponents players’ position and attacking numbers, we may be better off to play 3 at the back just to protect us from the counter.

So we are having this system for attacking purposes, not defending.
You people criticise emery for having DLP, DM and 2-3 at the back for too much defending, when in fact, this is a set up to push as many of our plays high up the pitch to attack as possible. And that is why we have scored and conced so many goals. It’s because we have been playing attacking football. And his tactics is about outscoring his opponent, just as he said.

Gunner140

Emery has been doing really well, as he has special touch with substitutions (we have scored the most goals from substitutes).

I think we are more adapt in tactical sense and can better grind out results.

Defense is still problematic, but I think that Emery needs to be given the money to go out and bring in a solid defender.

When defense will be fixed, we are going to be a serious title contender.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think some of you are in for a big surprise, if you think better players will automatically fix our problems.

Some food for thought... how many teams below us on the table, has gone to Anfield and were 4-1 down at half time? And look at new managers if you want to as well.

A system matters and we are currently showing nothing better than Wenger IMO. The only saving grace for Emery right now is that he has injury problems within the squad.

He needs players back and has to then improve our structure on the field... before anything else.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Dv2CK-YUwAA3jeO.jpg:large

Should have told the fans to **** off tbh, or did the shush thing like Mourinho did.
It's time to bring out the fingers.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think some of you are in for a big surprise, if you think better players will automatically fix our problems.

Some food for thought... how many teams below us on the table, has gone to Anfield and were 4-1 down at half time? And look at new managers if you want to as well.

A system matters and we are currently showing nothing better than Wenger IMO. The only saving grace for Emery right now is that he has injury problems within the squad.

He needs players back and has to then improve our structure on the field... before anything else.
Under Emery’s tactics that I have mentioned in this post
Why 3 at the back? Here is why

Sometimes 3 at the back are necessary, because emery’s tactics is so attacking that he pushes everyone up to create overload.
The problem is, the opponent can then also creat an attacking overload to us, as we are short in numbers at the back.
That’s why we are having a DLP and DM to protect our back line. But depends on the opponents players’ position and attacking numbers, we may be better off to play 3 at the back just to protect us from the counter.

So we are having this system for attacking purposes, not defending.
You people criticise emery for having DLP, DM and 2-3 at the back for too much defending, when in fact, this is a set up to push as much of our plays high up the pitch to attack as possible. And that is why we have scored and conced so many goals. It’s because we have been playing attacking football. And his tactics is about outscoring his opponent, just as he said.
There will be goals conceded as the design of his syis attacking oriented. And as long as we have strengthened our defence in the transfer market, we will win games. It doesn’t matter if its by 4-0 or 4-3.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our best players aren't performing, this is a problem. In fact let's not best instead shall we say stars? Aubameyang is performing, but isn't prolific against the top teams, Özil looks lost at times, Ramsey is leaving, see Özil for Mkhitayan, Cech and Koscielny look spent.

I trust Emery, but I do think he has a better squad then has shown at times this year. What Wmery needs to take credit for revitalising Bellerin, Holding and Iwobi though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Under Emery’s tactics that I have mentioned in this post

There will be goals conceded as the system design is attacking oriented. And as long as we have strengthened our defence in the transfer market, we will win games. It doesn’t matter if its by 4-0 or 4-3.

Im probably telling you something you already know, but here goes anyway...

Outscoring the opponent is not effective mate, to be effective as a unit you have to build your side on a solid defensive structure. This includes the ability to recover into good shape quickly if the ball is turned over while we are in an attacking shape.

Currently in this 3 at the back system, we see our fullbacks not tracking back enough on the spaces left behind. Combine this with our inability to play the offside trap effectively, we are left with dangerous balls being played over our team. You will see the opposition now asking their wingers to stay up in anticipation for the long ball over. It was clearly on display against Liverpool with Salah and Shaquiri.

The opposition are also targeting our central midfielder who we use to advance the ball into the channels for our inside forwards to run into. That turnover, as we saw now twice happen to Torreira in two games, allows the same attack at our defensive line, which is not too far behind the midfield.

More defensive accountability is needed to make this system work, we cannot allow the opposition to be able to take out our players like the way they are currently doing.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
YOUR facts. The ones that you choose that support your argument. Like 3 FA cups. Notable, and nice, but absolutely irrelevant in an appraisal of an individual player. So a "fact", but not a pertinent one.

Auba is an absolute beast. So he's playing all the time. Laca has been subbed out late game by both Wenger and now Emery. Seems to be a trend unrelated to the manager. Also not uncommon to take off your striker late.

Özil is currently "hurt" according to Özil. Özil makes somewhere just short of 2 million each month. We should not be grateful he makes nice passes, but expecting that he be WC in all phases. He simply isn't. He's defensive "shortcomings" are ludicrous at the WC level for a central player.

The main "fact" is that currently we are no better or worse under Emery. We are in contention for a CL spot and hardware. The struggles of late are his first true test and we'll see where we are in March.

Managers are not gods, they are men and can have faults

Look at Mourinho he benched Pogba...
Now he plays like a boss

Clubs/managers release players ALL The time that later turn out great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom