• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not! That’s the worst part. Please explain your joke to me, I’m ill and my brain is working at 25% capacity.
Not sure that’s good enough to be called a joke tbf. Sipping a beer and waiting for the NY Time Square fireworks in a few hours. It’s cold and raining. Early flight back tomorrow so will miss the game.

Stay in the warm and get well soon bro.

Tony's nose

I can't see how fans believe he will free up money . He has no need to release more than a steady amount. Even if we don't get CL he will still cream a fair wedge out the club.

Pay himself a nice 70 million dividend every year if he wants now.

And this one point where Unai will struggle lack of proper funding.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just thinking how many players did we sign after announcing Emery? I think only one but feel free to correct me.

I think everyone accepts we are in a process and Emery has bought into that with a vision of the players and where he sees them going. The problem is he potentially bull ****ted in the interview just like we've all done to get the job.

:lol: He could have .

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just thinking how many players did we sign after announcing Emery? I think only one but feel free to correct me.

I think everyone accepts we are in a process and Emery has bought into that with a vision of the players and where he sees them going. The problem is he potentially bull ****ted in the interview just like we've all done to get the job.

In an alternate universe the translator of his meeting with Ivan and Co. was a massive footballing genius and he was fixing all the bad **** Emery was saying.

Soon, he'd get the chance to manage the club in a derby match after a furious Emery gets sent off the pitch.

The players love him, Stan tries to buy him out, the players and fans think it's true but right at the end he shows Kroenkes true colors.

The club is sold to the fans, we do a double of CL and the league. Mourinho becomes Wengers butler in the end credits scene.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We could be a midtable club when he decide to sell and he will propably still double his profits.

Could be? We are a mid table club punching above our weight. The question is will we stay at this level or eventually push on and climb back where we're supposed to be?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The stadium moaning and boeing when Laca was subbed said a lot...really glad that Laca decided to show positive signs and clap to turn that around. Squad harmony and a good relationship with the coach is really important. Hope it doesn’t get blown out of proportion.

Tom349

Another garbage performance by Emery. Starts with three at the back and we struggle to move the ball out of our back half. Moves to a back four with 3 holding mids and in the process unnecessarily plays Torreira for 45 minutes when Ramsey would have been the obvious and better option given he would operate in the space between the forwards and Xhaka/Douzi and both give us some more movement ahead making for easy transition out the back half whilst also providing an option to pass to. Then shows complete disrespect to Lacazette by subbing him at an important stage of the game and was rightfully booed for doing so.

Each passing game it becomes more obvious he is way in over his head.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Another garbage performance by Emery. Starts with three at the back and we struggle to move the ball out of our back half. Moves to a back four with 3 holding mids and in the process unnecessarily plays Torreira for 45 minutes when Ramsey would have been the obvious and better option given he would operate in the space between the forwards and Xhaka/Douzi and both give us some more movement ahead making for easy transition out the back half whilst also providing an option to pass to. Then shows complete disrespect to Lacazette by subbing him at an important stage of the game and was rightfully booed for doing so.

Wtf are You on about? Can we just stop with **** posting? Every game somebody comes up with some kind of morronic conclusions. Its getting embarassing. Emery is a top manager. He is getting used to a lot of things, has his down sides, but somehow im pretty ****ing sure he has more understanding of the game than You do. I have no idea how someone who I presume has more than 12 years can say he is way in over his head. I swer number of the trophies hes won is bigger than the IQ of some of the posters here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wtf are You on about? Can we just stop with **** posting? Every game somebody comes up with some kind of morronic conclusions. Its getting embarassing. Emery is a top manager. He is getting used to a lot of things, has his down sides, but somehow im pretty ****ing sure he has more understanding of the game than You do. I have no idea how someone who I presume has more than 12 years can say he is way in over his head. I swer number of the trophies hes won is bigger than the IQ of some of the posters here.

Thank you, thank you.

Tom349

So Im not allowed an opinion cause I've never managed. What the **** is the point of this forum then? Posters like you **** me, instead of proving me wrong or trying to justify why we are such a poorly structured side you resort to **** post like how many trophies have you won.

pacstud

Can not disagree enough. I respect your views, but feel they are way off.

This was a hideously ugly FOUR TO ONE WIN.

No, I'd argue his willingness to play who he wants and to sit stars, his willingness to make this HIS team and play the best XI instead of the XI best...yes, these are good signs.

The available roster right now is down right dreadful defensively, barely adequate in the midfield, and strong (w/o depth) up front. So we have to outscore teams.

If we're still playing like this with some better players in the middle then we can revisit, but imo right now Emery has shown he was a very good hire.

Tom349

Can not disagree enough. I respect your views, but feel they are way off.

This was a hideously ugly FOUR TO ONE WIN.

No, I'd argue his willingness to play who he wants and to sit stars, his willingness to make this HIS team and play the best XI instead of the XI best...yes, these are good signs.

The available roster right now is down right dreadful defensively, barely adequate in the midfield, and strong (w/o depth) up front. So we have to outscore teams.

If we're still playing like this with some better players in the middle then we can revisit, but imo right now Emery has shown he was a very good hire.

His sitting stars for no reason other than to feed his own ego. You can't possibly tell me we're better off without Özil or Ramsey playing the 10. There is zero justification for the way he is treating them.

Im sick of hearing about our defensive options as if they're the sole cause for all our issues. The defensive set up is just as bad as the options Emery has to work with and so far Emery has only made our defence worse than what it was under Wenger despite committing less numbers forward. Some defensive issues can only be solved through new signings but issues such as not shutting down crosses can be drilled into players and this is something Emery should have been able to drill into players throughout preseason.

If the only way to win is to outscore teams than why are we lining up with 3 at the back and why when given the chance to make a more aggressive sub do you bring on another holding mid in Torreira instead of Ramsey. Who had he been on early I've very confident would have finished the game off a lot sooner given the Fulham had no idea on how to track runs from midfield.

Eduardo_da_Silva

So Im not allowed an opinion cause I've never managed. What the **** is the point of this forum then? Posters like you **** me, instead of proving me wrong or trying to justify why we are such a poorly structured side you resort to **** post like how many trophies have you won.

Your post was so bad You proved Yourself wrong the moment You posted it.

pacstud

His sitting stars for no reason other than to feed his own ego. You can't possibly tell me we're better off without Özil or Ramsey playing the 10. There is zero justification for the way he is treating them.
I'd say this is why he's here. Wenger never did this. And I can possibly tell you we aren't better off because Wenger kept those two in and we were no better.
Im sick of hearing about our defensive options as if they're the sole cause for all our issues. The defensive set up is just as bad as the options Emery has to work with and so far Emery has only made our defence worse than what it was under Wenger
Not sole cause, but primary. And I said this for Wenger as well. We have bad personnel in the back. Better with Bellerin and Monreal, but still bad.

Worse? Again, gonna have to disagree. We're no better, but not worse.

I'm curious to see if a healthy Kos and Papa can play well together. I'd like to give that duo time and see how we look with those two and Hector/Nacho flanking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom