• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

fabo

6.51 / 10
What's the layout of the Olympic Stadium like? Fans close to pitch, track around?

Can take a while to adjust to a new ground. Upton Park has an old school Premiership feel, like Goodison.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Disagree that it's impossible to break into the top four, United, City, Liverpool etc are given way too much credit here seeing how eager they are to spend their money on a load of horseshit.

Just a year ago Atlético pipped Barcelona and Real to the league title, got to the semis in the Copa and almost won the CL, all of this while posting a big profit in the transfer market ffs. Comes down to a lack of talent among the manager positions and blatant ineptitude with most directors in England imo, far from impossible to overtake the frauds at Liverpool or United.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Certainly possible to break in the top 4. Either by very good management or the Chelski/Citeh way, by loads of spending power. I'm still curious, who the next suddenly superrich EPL club will be.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Changing managers all the time is detrimental for teams that want to break into the top 4. It's certainly possible with a proper long-term plan, a talented and tactically strong manager and smart transfer dealings.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What's the layout of the Olympic Stadium like? Fans close to pitch, track around?

Can take a while to adjust to a new ground. Upton Park has an old school Premiership feel, like Goodison.

westham2_2523304a.jpg

Distance to the pitch will be somewhat on par with the Emirates from what I've gathered.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Disagree that it's impossible to break into the top four, United, City, Liverpool etc are given way too much credit here seeing how eager they are to spend their money on a load of horseshit.

Just a year ago Atlético pipped Barcelona and Real to the league title, got to the semis in the Copa and almost won the CL, all of this while posting a big profit in the transfer market ffs. Comes down to a lack of talent among the manager positions and blatant ineptitude with most directors in England imo, far from impossible to overtake the frauds at Liverpool or United.

well Sp**s have finished twice in the top 4 in the past 6 years so it is possible.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Changing managers all the time is detrimental for teams that want to break into the top 4. It's certainly possible with a proper long-term plan, a talented and tactically strong manager and smart transfer dealings.
Unless you're Chelsea. If you keep a settled playing staff then manager rotation isn't as detrimental as it could be. However, it's ideal to have some stability at the club.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
westham2_2523304a.jpg

Distance to the pitch will be somewhat on par with the Emirates from what I've gathered.

Impressive if that's genuinely true. But when I was last there it felt like I was really far away from the field/track. You'd hear the gunshot 1/2 seconds after the athletes started running.

BobP

Memri Fan
Been saying this all along but they're on the cusp of something.

Payer and Song are class signings. Formidable squad being built.

Adrian
Jenkinson
Tomkins
Reid
Cresswell
Noble
Obiang
Song
Kouyate
Payet
Valencia
Sakho

That's 12 quality core players right there you add 2 maybe 3 more players of the same ilk and they'll be set. They've also got Oxford coming through and they may have others considering WHs proficiency with regards to bringing through youth players.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think this is going to fuel Chelscum and Toothnumb for their new stadium program. I, for one, would be envious if I am one of those guys

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom