• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

GabeGooner

West Ham will almost certainly be a more attractive proposition initially, but there's a ceiling on what a new stadium, more revenue and London can do for them. They definitely won't surpass Liverpool's level unless they somehow make the Champions League, and that requires one of two things;

1. Spending a lot of money on wages to attract talented mercenaries;
2. Scouting excellently and competing in a similar manner as Arsenal did without the cash.

Neither option is guarantees success either, given who's in the CL spots right now. Either way, it'll be interesting to watch what they do next. I imagine we'll see the owners selling up before we see West Ham make the Champions League on a regular basis, though.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka - what's your take here bro?

West Ham sign midfielder Dimitri Payet from Marseille

West Ham have signed France international midfielder Dimitri Payet from Marseille on a five-year contract in a deal worth more than £10m.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33269177

Potential fantastic signing, but I haven't seen enough of him to give an educated evaluation. 7 goals and 17 assists is pretty good though, but that's about all I know about him.

By all accounts he sounds like the creative spark in the middle we've missed since.. ****ing hell, I can't even recall our last proper playmaker.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Potential fantastic signing, but I haven't seen enough of him to give an educated evaluation. 7 goals and 17 assists is pretty good though, but that's about all I know about him.

By all accounts he sounds like the creative spark in the middle we've missed since.. ****ing hell, I can't even recall our last proper playmaker.
article-2257167-16C0B18B000005DC-296_468x426.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
2m a year is embarrassingly low if true. 15m as one time contribution is laughable too, less than what they paid for Andy Carroll ffs. Publicly funded sports venues and events are a guarantee for behind doors large scale tax ****ery, the actual deal being confidential says it all really.
I blame Sp**s, if they weren't as inept the city would have at least had some sort of bargaining position when they were tendering. Then again I remember Levy begging the council for handouts a year or two ago for their planned stadium and being publicly denied, they just can't get anything right.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Make no mistake, we completely ****ed over pretty much everyone else but ourselves by getting that stadium. The deal is almost too good to be true.

8000 less seats than the Emirates, fantastic location, cost us around £35m in total after the planned work we have to do on it. So basically, 8000 less seats, £425m cheaper LOL

Refo

Levy is a right old skinflint. He'll haggle over anything if it has some intrinsic value.

£2m a year is a joke, though. Considering WHU managed to sell out on a 99.6% basis at Upton Park, they'll probably have paid the rent off in a couple of matches. The club is still very popular, and I wouldn't doubt them filling up the seats in the new stadium.

With players like Payet et al coming, they're definitely going to give the top teams trouble, so long as they dont have ****ehouse 'maintain status quo at all costs' type managers.

There are too many clubs in a much better position for them to become a Champions League club this way. Competition is such that they would need at least 3 clubs to underachieve for them to attain Champions League, and even then they would need to repeat that for at least few seasons. Even Liverpool or Sp**s, which are in much better position than West Ham, couldn't have kept their top 4 place.

For anyone outside of top 6, and even that may be a stretch, I think it's practically impossible to become big without a sugar daddy. What may work for them, as others have said, is that they are a good candidate for such a takeover.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I dont want hordes of flat-cap and skinny jean wearing clones converging on my ****ing manor every week. Not sure what this means for traders in East Ham... They'll probably think getting shot of them is a fair trade off.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

West Ham still have no guarantees they'll get top 4 in the near future. Having a big stadium and not a lot else hasn't worked for German or Italian clubs in the past.

If Sp**s got it they'd be an instant threat to top 4, they're limited a lot by ****e Hart Lane and helping them out with a free stadium would be a kick to the balls.

Building their new stadium will ruin them financially as they won't have the CL money to help them out like we did and they won't have Arsène to help guide them through.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom