• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What about Aliadiere???

brianfrance

Established Member
johe said:
If he goes on a loan to St. Etienne, then the Fran-man will get more chances, I'm sure. When Wenger is confident Reyes can step up and play main striker, he will propably rest Titi alot more than he did last season, playing the likes of Reyes/Jeffers, Reyes/Bergkamp or even Bergkamp/Jeffers in the FA-cup or easy fixtures against the likes of Cr*stal Palace. That's IF Ali goes on loan though. Otherwise it's possible to put together endless attacking pairings.
Never forget the injuries and international matches. We need them all, except if Lupoli is fit to be the 4th or 5th choice, in that case why not loan Ali.

Soler

Established Member
snooker said:
nnaife said:
i'm afraid do think that this year is make or break for Ali when he gets his chance he must seize it.
Wenger has a lot of faith in his ability but Ali needs to repay that faith with goals.
I personally would hate to see him fail at Arsenal.

Yes but since Reyes came in Arsenal, Aliadiere hasn't many chances to play

But he was also injured for near on four months, after hurting his knee against Boro in the league. Nothing to do with Reyes arriving, he just got injured.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, but since Reyes' arrival, he has been pushed down the pecking order, and didn't get many chances. But with Kanu and Wiltord gone, and with Bergy playing a peripheral role next season, it looks like Ali might get a few more chances.

Also it will be nice to see Jeffers get a few games and repay our faith in him with a few goals. Hopefully then he might live upto expectations, and be good value for the money spent on him. I'm hoping he does. Looks like a very promising season for us next season.

A

Anonymous

its looking very very promosing for us next season :p at the back were solid as a rock and our attacking choices speak for itself henry reyes van persie pires freddie pennant bergkamp jeffers ... bound to get loads of goals :D

lee1001

Established Member
brianfrance said:
johe said:
If he goes on a loan to St. Etienne, then the Fran-man will get more chances, I'm sure. When Wenger is confident Reyes can step up and play main striker, he will propably rest Titi alot more than he did last season, playing the likes of Reyes/Jeffers, Reyes/Bergkamp or even Bergkamp/Jeffers in the FA-cup or easy fixtures against the likes of Cr*stal Palace. That's IF Ali goes on loan though. Otherwise it's possible to put together endless attacking pairings.
Never forget the injuries and international matches. We need them all, except if Lupoli is fit to be the 4th or 5th choice, in that case why not loan Ali.

Lupolli is 17. Not gonna see him in action for a few years in the first team if not ever. He is on a 2 year Scholarshgip remember.

efurze

johe said:
When Wenger is confident Reyes can step up and play main striker, he will propably rest Titi alot more

Not gonna happen this year. Maybe next. Reyes is far from settled in - I wouldn't be surprised if RVP surpasses him this year.

efurze

we'll see...

Hasn't Reyes played LM in 2 of the friendlies with RVP up front? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what eventually happens. RVP can use his head and is a target man. Reyes is too small IMO to be a striker.

kazu

yeah, our attacking options are looking great! reyes, rvp, ali and even jeffers are young but they are ready...

cover for midfield and defence may look a bit thin... but i hope the youngsters get a chance... like playing senderos or hoyte ahead of cygan... pennant on RM rather than gilberto... and whoever on LM instead of cygan as he did against manure in the FA Cup! :shock:

calvinngai88

cover for midfield looks more than sufficient. just needing one more RB, to be signed before the new season starts. that's all.

patrick42uk

Established Member
efurze said:
we'll see...

Hasn't Reyes played LM in 2 of the friendlies with RVP up front? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what eventually happens. RVP can use his head and is a target man. Reyes is too small IMO to be a striker.

rvp has only been used upfront for a brief spell in the game where he came off the bench. rvp is a midfielder. why would wenger want rvp to use his head when we dont play long balls to a target man. if you are referring to headed goals, rvp would be best used coming towards crosss from the left hand side where he is less likely to be marked than in the center. Pires gets many chances like this which he fluffs.

calvinngai88

Well, this scenario will look more likely when RVP and Reyes play at the same time : RVP moves forward, Reyes drops back to ML. Reyes move forward, RVP drops back to ML. Both will cut in through left flanks.

This sounds cool. Why? Let's say Pires didn't play that game. Henry, Reyes, RVP, Cole all on the left, dribbling and crossing. Then, RVP will be called upon to float into the six-yard box and make use of his head to meet some of the crosses.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RVP is used more often as a ML by Wenger, so he'll never surpass Reyes.

We dont really know that yet as he hasnt played a competitive game yet. V.Persie is seen as more of a Bergkamp player who likes to play behind the strikers. IMO i think Arsène wants RVP to play at Arsenal as a striker but we'r just going to have to wait and see what Arsène is going to do with him.

calvinngai88

After River's game, I would say, Reyes is more and more suited to Arsenal's playing style. Never giving up at all, he dribbled, twisted and turned a defender before passing the ball to Jeffers who could have done much better with his missed shot. Reyes's ball touch is just too sublime, and RVP's edge of box screamers are soon to become goals. :angel

snooker

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Aliadiere will not come at St Etienne. Indeed, Arsennal and St Etienne are not agree about the player wages. (Maybe St Etienne don't want to pay the wages entirely)

source: Aliadiere itself

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom