• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What makes an Arsenal player a club legend?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Therein lies part of the issue, Farzy.

He is of Albanian origin or roots with a Swiss passport, and calling Xhaka to have Slavic roots is so far from reality, that it is very insulting to those people. It has similarities of when you hate people calling you American, or when @jones doesn't want to be referred to as German.
Ok I don’t know my apologies. I respect the man, i just think he is too slow and a defensive liability. People think Persians are the same as Arabs it is not a slur to incorrectly guess someone’s ethnic background, before you just told me i thought Albanians were Slavs; great to learn but not relevant to why Xhaka was disliked by fans. I didn’t research his family tree, or ethnic background; i just watch him play and he moves as quickly as too old people with recent hip displacement doing each other

Farzad Stoned

Therein lies part of the issue, Farzy.

He is of Albanian origin or roots with a Swiss passport, and calling Xhaka to have Slavic roots is so far from reality, that it is very insulting to those people. It has similarities of when you hate people calling you American, or when @jones doesn't want to be referred to as German.
@jones is as German as Merkel’s panties; he gets to call me an American so there.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Xhaka is an Arsenal Legend, now that I have thought more about it, I do not know why people are even questioning it. @BergMan as always is right and he brings evidence about it.

1. Longevity
2. Performance
3. Games played
4. Telling fans to **** off (this historic moment should serve as a vital change in football and all other players in future who will unfairly be treated and bashed by fans should be allowed to state their feelings towards them too)
....there are other points ...but tomorrow.
No

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ok I don’t know my apologies. I respect the man, i just think he is too slow and a defensive liability. People think Persians are the same as Arabs it is not a slur to incorrectly guess someone’s ethnic background,
Correct. It would be a slur if you called an Arab a Persian tho

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Herr Jones.

shaq-laugh-shaq.gif

Farzad Stoned

Xhaka doesn’t even qualify as an average Arsenal footballer or midfielder let alone a great or legend. I mean the only non league winning Arsenal player i recently consider a legend is Cazorla. Cazorla was so much better in a similar attacking midfield role it was not funny but he was always hurt

Farzad Stoned

Saka, Saliba, Gabriel, and martinelli all have the quality to attain that level but we need to start winning trophies and big ones

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I can see why Xhaka would be a cult hero to some.

Legend is pushing it way too far though.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
I'm going to add a few from the bygone age. Obviously I haven't seen most of these guys play but I've seen footage and spoke to fans who did see them and rated them very highly or they're just from so far back that we're just going by stats, achievements and how the were viewed back in the day etc.

Maybe cheating a bit as they're managers but with Wengers in we've got to add Herbert Chapman and George Graham ( Player and manager combined)

Pat Jennings.
Bob Wilson.
Frank McLintock.
David O'Leary.
Pat Rice.
Kenny Samson.
Charlie George.
Peter Storey.
Ted Drake.
Cliff Bastin.
George Armstrong.

All Pat Jennings won for Arsenal was one FA Cup. All Kenny Sampson won for Arsenal was one league cup. You can also add Liam Brady to that mix who I’ve seen touted as a legend.

Explain to me how they can be legends but not Granit Xhaka who won quadruple the amount of trophies they did.

Nicenho

All Pat Jennings won for Arsenal was one FA Cup. All Kenny Sampson won for Arsenal was one league cup. You can also add Liam Brady to that mix who I’ve seen touted as a legend.

Explain to me how they can be legends but not Granit Xhaka who won quadruple the amount of trophies they did.

Are you still trying to convince people that this man that you are weirdly obsessed with is a legend? Come on just stop. 😂

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Are you still trying to convince people that this man that you are weirdly obsessed with is a legend? Come on just stop. 😂

He is a legend. And nobody gives me a logical answer as to how those 70 players who hardly won anything can be legends but not Xhaka.

People can say different era but we won the league in 1971. In the current era we haven’t won the league in 20 years. So standards should’ve been much higher in the 70’s than they are now.

Nicenho

He is a legend. And nobody gives me a logical answer as to how those 70 players who hardly won anything can be legends but not Xhaka.

People can say different era but we won the league in 1971. In the current era we haven’t won the league in 20 years. So standards should’ve been much higher in the 70’s than they are now.

Ok weirdo.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I can see why Xhaka's wife wants to flee this country now......Granit getting bombarded with love letters ( and probably worse) 24 / 7 on social media by the Berg :lol:

Xhaka's a good player and he's turned it around here when most of us had written him off. He's leaving on a high. It's a nice ending to his time here.

No need to make him more important than he is though.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom