• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When was our best chance to win the league since 2006?

When was our best chance to win the league since 2006?

• 2007/2008

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • 2013/2014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2015/2016

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • 2009/2010

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 2010/2011

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@American_Gooner ,should won this match with ease,but that was at start of the season.United wasn't in their top form.We beat ourselves.

This match sums up Arsenal at The Emirates so well...battered United, can't remember them having any chances really, don't get the second to kill the game, they get a pen, can we at least hold on for a draw which would still be a good result...

Diaby heads into his own net under no pressure :rofl:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

2014 was weird, because we were unbeaten for a long period, we were top for a long period, at one point we even went 7 points clear after a win in Cardiff. But I never really thought we'd win it.

2016 was absolutely full sure we'd do it. After we beat City 2-1 for me I thought that was the moment that'd launch us to the title. I looked at Chelsea having a dreadful season, we were clear of City and I was still disregarding Leicester. Looking at it, it's actually incredible how we bottled it, and believe me we absolutely bottled it that year. Between our losses to Chelsea away and Southampton away, over the course of 3 months we won 8, drew 2 and lost 1. For me that was the type of form we'd been missing in previous years. After that run in 12 games we won just 4, drew 4 and lost 4. It's an incredible juxtaposition of the two Arsenal's. The first Arsenal a team showcasing their quality to overwhelm the opposition through high tempo football of great technical quality, the second Arsenal the mentality fragile team who cannot defend with players who'll let you down. It's amazing how two runs of form, one looked like potential champions, the next looked like a side struggling in mid-table. And the performances of both runs reflected that too.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
This match sums up Arsenal at The Emirates so well...battered United, can't remember them having any chances really, don't get the second to kill the game, they get a pen, can we at least hold on for a draw which would still be a good result...

Yeah,and we had so good start of the season beating Everton and Portsmouth scoring 10 goals :lol:.It was just mentality thing at OT and we should put this game in bad before they scored.

But they were much better than us at Emirates.It was so poor performance in big game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Don't forget the reverse fixture. How does Nani beat Almunia from this position...?:
Untitled.jpg

And this at 1:27:
Never disliked an Arsenal player so much

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Really,competition was dross in 2015/16.It was maybe the poorest EPL season ever.All top 6 teams had average season with so much bad results over the time.It's still amazing how we didn't win at the end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't forget the reverse fixture. How does Nani beat Almunia from this position...?:
Untitled.jpg

And this at 1:27:
Never disliked an Arsenal player so much

We lost to Sp**s at ****e Hart Lane that season, first league defeat in like 10 years to those ****s...Danny Rose's goal was a once in a career for him, but I was fuming that Almunia needlessly punched the ball under no pressure from the corner, instead of easily catching it...he always did things like this that pissed me off!

Our starting keeper for 3 and a 1/2 years :facepalm:

...certain posters here think Fabianski was better than Leno :lol:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
15/16. But we weren't good at all, in fact we were ****. Just less **** than the others.

9/10 and 10/11 merge into one for me. Excellent football but blunt finishing and harrowingly bad defending due to headless, panic-stricken idiots.

We also had to rely on Arshavin as our centre forward for a period.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
2013/2014 is kinda underrated. If we had a qualified striker that season we'd have won it IMO. At a point in October we had 7 point lead at the top.

There was a period that season when we won 13 consecutive away games IIRC

scytheavatar

Established Member
15/16. But we weren't good at all, in fact we were ****. Just less **** than the others.

9/10 and 10/11 merge into one for me. Excellent football but blunt finishing and harrowingly bad defending due to headless, panic-stricken idiots.

We also had to rely on Arshavin as our centre forward for a period.

We played woeful football in 10/11...... that season had some of the worst games I can remember us play. Especially letting Sp**s come back from being 2 down and the infamous 4-4 vs Newcastle after leading them 0-4......... it was clear that the players back then already wanted to leave us and didn't give a damn. Other teams struggled that season too which is why we were in the title race for a while but we never stood much of a chance in winning the title back then.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We played woeful football in 10/11...... that season had some of the worst games I can remember us play. Especially letting Sp**s come back from being 2 down and the infamous 4-4 vs Newcastle after leading them 0-4......... it was clear that the players back then already wanted to leave us and didn't give a damn. Other teams struggled that season too which is why we were in the title race for a while but we never stood much of a chance in winning the title back then.
We played great football in 10/11, our players were just p#ussies who panicked at the first sign of trouble

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah the big games were poor, but that's only four matches in the season. The injuries really killed that title challenge more than anything imo, guys like Gallas, Fabregas and Arshavin rushed back to play that Barca CL tie.

Yeah but we were 3 points off winning the league in 09/10, and we lost 4 games to Chelsea and United our challengers. If we were better in big games we'd have won the league that year.

That was the problem with Arsène sometimes, he never wanted to embrace being the underdog and go against much better teams in atacking fashions. It how you end up getting humiliated by the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Barca and Bayern.

Remember that one game where we beat City at the Etihad playing defensive? Arsène could do it but chose not to.

Campbell and Silvestre starting important league games in 2010, only at Arsenal ffs :lol:

Arsène didn't care about defenders, he'd buy 100 number 10s before getting a CB.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but we were 3 points off winning the league in 09/10, and we lost 4 games to Chelsea and United our challengers. If we were better in big games we'd have won the league that year.

That was the problem with Arsène sometimes, he never wanted to embrace being the underdog and go against much better teams in atacking fashions. It how you end up getting humiliated by the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Barca and Bayern.

Remember that one game where we beat City at the Etihad playing defensive? Arsène could do it but chose not to.

Arsène didn't care about defenders, he'd buy 100 number 10s before getting a CB.
I don't really blame Arsène I'm those season. Injury killed us. If we had the little luck and the depth of chelski or United, we'd have won it comfortably.

It's quiet impressive tbh. We played fantastic football fr most of the season and was in with a chance of the title despite Fielding a lot of bums

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't really blame Arsène I'm those season. Injury killed us. If we had the little luck and the depth of chelski or United, we'd have won it comfortably.

It's quiet impressive tbh. We played fantastic football fr most of the season and was in with a chance of the title despite Fielding a lot of bums

I thought you support Sp**s?

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom