• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which team would you rather lose the unbeatenrun to?

voomboom

I cant decide, possibly pompey, cos their fans all seem to be secret gooners anyway, or norwich with an early goal from bently perhaps?

calvinngai88

Hopefully none, but wouldn't mind if it's lost to Portsmouth, their fans will still cheer Arsenal players on, and not jeer.

A

Anonymous

Why would you want our own player to end our unbeaten run? Cant happen anyway, loan players cant play against the club that own them. I dont want anyone to beat us and when we do eventually get beaten i couldnt care who it was against really, a loss is a loss.

robix

i don't want to lose, obviously...but i'd also say pompey, mostly for their fans. i've never been so impressed by an opposing side's fans than away to pompey in the fa cup last season...

Why would you want our own player to end our unbeaten run? Cant happen anyway, loan players cant play against the club that own them

Im sure they can.In fact doesnt Wenger insist on it? He had a whole thing going on about it last season when some teams wouldnt let their loaned players play against them but he said that was ridiculous.In fact Jeffers played for Everton against us and didnt Pennant play against us?!

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
you dont want to lose to a big team like the mancs or chelsea - but at the same time you dont want to lose to lesser team like everton or crystal palace - so as someone already said i'd want a mid-table side to end it.

Would be absoloutly horrible if man utd were the ones to end the run - even more horrible if it were Sp**s ...... but thats not happening anytime soon with santini in charge ! :lol:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Im sure they can.In fact doesnt Wenger insist on it? He had a whole thing going on about it last season when some teams wouldnt let their loaned players play against them but he said that was ridiculous.In fact Jeffers played for Everton against us and didnt Pennant play against us?!

The rules now state that no loaned player can play against his team - no matter what the manager says.

Soler

Established Member
sav7302000 said:
Why would you want our own player to end our unbeaten run? Cant happen anyway, loan players cant play against the club that own them

Actually mate, the new ruling is that loan players can't play against their club. To be honest I prefer to see our loan players playing against us, how else are they expected to learn from the best? ;)

Yeah thats right!Its all coming back to me! They changed the rule and Wenger didnt agree with it saying its not really any good for the loaned player.Surely the manager should have the choice.Anyway- when the time finally comes I would like it to be Portsmouth but I dont think its really gonna happen, do you?
More likely to be Liverpool I think

Soler

Established Member
sav7302000 said:
Yeah thats right!Its all coming back to me! They changed the rule and Wenger didnt agree with it saying its not really any good for the loaned player.Surely the manager should have the choice.

Yeah, I agree with that. It should definitely be between the two managers whether or not the player can play. It's a shame though, I wouldn't mind Bentley being the one to beat us - at least he's one of our own :D

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know WHY they changed that rule ??

My guess would be because the FA didnt like fans booing their own player if he scores against them - sort of like what happened to Lua Lua when he scored against newcastle.

can anyone clear that up ?

starsky

Portsmouth.

Their fans were awesome in the FA Cup, I would hate it to be any other club cos they'll just brag and brag

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom