• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who should take penalties?

blaze_of_glory

Probably stick wit Saka for now unless he misses a few more in real games. Except when Jorginho is on the field of course

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Don't think Haverts should take them just yet since it's still up in the air of how he'll turn out, if he has a bit of bad start here and he takes an pen and misses it then it'll be a massive "toxic" moment that could have a serious impact on his future form/confidence.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just saw that Vinicius Jr missed his pen against Barca.

Will you fannys give it a rest now?

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Harvertz is absolutely the best pen taker at the club.

Hopefully Arteta and Saka makes the right decision for the good of the club

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Saka can keep on taking them if he scores the next 6 pens in a row. If not Havertz if he starts for us he's reliable with them, if Jorginho is on the pitch instead then him. Don't think the latter will play a whole lot anyway.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Are you sure it wasn't @Trilly 🤔
I don’t expect either of them to hit 20 goals in the league, it’s a very impressive feat and would require us/them to have an even better season than last year while dealing with the additional burden of CL football.

Unlike most on here I’m also leaving some room for them to stall/regress slightly in terms of numbers as you’d expect for young players.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A top shagger with the Mamba mentality. Do we have any at the club atm? Don't think so.
We won’t see a trophy till we get one.

City signed Grealish and won a treble, just think about it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To me penalties are an artform in themselves.

Sure it's about technique to some degree and also bottle but someone like Messi isn't a great pen taker.

I'd leave Saka with the responsibility unless he starts missing them regularly.

Pen percentage rate doesn't really concern me generally. I want the player most likely to score the pens at important moments and in big games. Not too bothered about what they do when we're 3-0 up already.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To me penalties are an artform in themselves.

Sure it's about technique to some degree and also bottle but someone like Messi isn't a great pen taker.

I'd leave Saka with the responsibility unless he starts missing them regularly.

Pen percentage rate doesn't really concern me generally. I want the player most likely to score the pens at important moments and in big games. Not too bothered about what they do when we're 3-0 up already.

Messi was pretty clutch from the spot in the World Cup

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Saka has the best mentality at the club when it comes to dealing with setbacks. Technique wise, Trossard may also be a decent option.

Jasinho

Saka should take them if we're in the lead by 2+ goals, otherwise Jorginho or Havertz if they're on the pitch. I also always feel confident with Ødegaard taking them so he should be involved in the discussion as well.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Saka mostly just blast and hope. He's decent but surely watching those 2 great pens today from jorginho and havertz you can let saka be first choice.

Kai
Jorginho
Saka
Ødegaard

This is the order for me. I'm not sure post this though. Jesus has a crap record and a terrible stutter technique. Nelli missed his last in the EL. Vieira could be one given he's good on a dead ball. Can't think of trossard as he was behind Gabriel in the Emirates cup.

Not sure about Eddie, rice and partey among the usual starters.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom