• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

Invincible

Established Member
Whenever Gilberto starts, we more often than not play like ****. He shouldn't start again in the league, he's simply not up to the job anymore.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Ade's finishing has gone to pots again. Back to the training ground I think

He was never a good finisher to begin with. Just an average striker enjoying a good run. Honeymoon is over now, he has been back to his usual self for a while now.

awooga83

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'm not going to join the doom and gloom club. I still expect a lot of twists in the remainder of the season.

We've still got a very good chance of winning the title.

Thats the disappointing thing we were the leaders and favourites o win the title and could even afford to lose to one of the top teams, to now, were in with a good shout probably behind United.

jay-d

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Why blame ade?, Did Cesc not have chances? did RVP not sky 2 great opportunities?

Ade's game was atrocious today and his attitude and body language was all wrong.

thegame24

Established Member
i hope he gets injured, nothing serious, just one which means he cant play again this season

useless player, another mistake from wenger, letting diarra go and not signing anyone.

gilberto should be ashamed of himself, top quality, then goes to ****s when he gets dropped.

Gurgen

Established Member
This league is a joke.

They get away with murder all game yet Bendtner is booked for winning the ball cleanly. Funny how Boyce can put his studs in Bendtner's chest and get nothing but a little talk from the ref. If that was Eboue he'd be off in 3 seconds.

The less said about the pitch the better. This is the most expensive league in the world and that is deemed acceptable. I have no words.

In retrospect, this result was always going to happen, considering our injuries, the pitch and good ole fashioned English refereeing. We can still win the title, though it will be very hard.

nazo

Established Member
There is still a long way to go, and it's going to be the big games that will decide this.

Rohit

Established Member
Very disappointing, no point talking about having to beat Man Utd a Old Trafford, we have to beat 4 teams before we even get to Old Trafford, 2 of them being Chelsea away and Liverpool at home, we drop anymore points before going to Old Trafford and we'd have lost the league anyways. Couple that with the CL quarter final amidst all these fixtures and we'll really need something special.

thegame24

Established Member
if we win the title we wont win the cl.

its too difficult now.

why the **** couldnt wenger just have gone for the fa cup.

we do better when we have games in hand.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Gurgen said:
In retrospect, this result was always going to happen, considering our injuries, the pitch and good ole fashioned English refereeing. We can still win the title, though it will be very hard.

Only because it has happened are you saying that. All teams will play on crap pitches and we've done it before.

We drew to Brum on a nice pitch in January or February.

You win your bread and butter league games. It's as simple as that.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Let's put things back into perspective:
That was a disgraceful pitch we had to play on today, after a very demanding game in midweek against AC Milan. The lads fought till the end of the game and tried till the end, so I think we can be proud of them.
Giving them stick for that draw is ridiculous. It simply did not work for us. That happens sometimes.

Now concerning the title race, the result isn't good- but not that bad either. The race's just started. We're potentially one point behind Man U and that really isn't much. We had to win at OT, so nothing has changed.
Persons talking about having lost the title need to be a bit more rational.

Rohit

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

What the **** is that?
You've seen enough football sfor sure to know there is nothing like that.

lagos

Established Member
too much knee-jerk. some of you will look at what you have written when you have calmed down and realise how stupid the comments are.....in particular the guy who wants one of our players injured.

We dropped points, not good but so what? the title is still in our hands

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

Only because it has happened are you saying that. All teams will play on crap pitches and we've done it before.

We drew to Brum on a nice pitch in January or February.

This was by far the worst pitch in the league. Ball bouncing on 3 yard passes.

We drew with Brum in the first game because of poor concentration, in the second the ref handed them a point. Which reminds me that when it comes to points, you don't have one here.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Our whole team didn't put enough effort in today to blame one player is crazy. We overplayed at times I felt when not needed with the sort of pitch we had today.
I even had enough time to make a cup of tea and use the toilet :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Ade let the disappointment of missing that early chance get to him, his performance deteriorated badly afterwards. He wasn't the only one though, our general play in the last third was piss poor. Hleb was extremely ineffectual and predictable and Cesc wasn't great.

At some stage of the season, our lack of genuine wide options was always going to come back and bite us hard in the ass. Seeing our best centre-half running around like a headless chicken on the wing in the last 20 mins kinda summed it up.

Rohit

Established Member
Very happy about the time Van Persie spent on the pitch though, did he look like a player who has been out for 6 months, what the **** have we been missing.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom