• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yuri Alberto

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Zidane still the nicest to watch for me. Over 6ft, powerful, amazing touch
Best first touch ever for me. Still haven’t seen anyone use their first touch to beat a defender like he did. Mahrez does it sometimes with the outside of his left foot but Zidane could do it with either foot in any direction. Insane.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.
pogba GIF by Krowd9

benjamin86

Established Member
I still feel R9 at his best, is better than Messi at his best.

If not for his double knee injury, he would be considered the true GOAT.
Didnt realise until this discussion and reading back into his career his weight gain was due to hypothyroidism.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Prime CR7 but stronger and faster with the flair of Ronaldinho. 😂Sounds like a joke even writing that but a player like that actually existed.

He was such a productive player that the flair element of his game gets underrated a bit, he was as skillful/inventive as anyone that’s ever played. Some of the skill moves he’s pulled off in game would have @Football Manager vibrating.
Brazilian Ronaldo was an phenomenal player.
But prime CR7 dribbling was great too.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
His hattrick against United in 2003 too.

Even though injuries took away a good chunk of his ability by that point, still only a peak Henry was probably better than him, in an era of elite forwards.

Mad player really, best player ever for me too...almost mythical.
Agree his comeback level is generally underrated considering how bad his outlook looked after his knee injury. I think there was a quote from a doctor who said Ronaldo would be lucky to run again after that injury, or something to that effect.

Makes it all the more amazing for him to come back to the level of an elite goalscorer. Also just goes to show that, even though like you say peak Henry was probably ahead of him in his comeback years, no one could hold a light to him in his pre-injury years. Absolutely electric player, the type that comes around once every 20-30 years

Zaza

Don't think we need another young striker. We have Balogun and Martinelli already plus TJJ seems to be highly rated by the club. Depends on how good he is though...

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.
That guy name is Kai Havertz. You may laugh now because he was incosistent this year but at Leverkusen he was putting in work and he has the skillset to be an elite player. He plays like mold of Kaka and Wesley Snjeider!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We would buy Hlozek if we had any sense. Literally has everything you want in a CF.

Hlozek looks like he is going to be world class pretty soon. If Arsenal had any chance of a Saliba style "buy and loan back" type deal it would be great business for the future. Should use the Rosicky connection to get it done

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Brazilian Ronaldo was an phenomenal player.
But prime CR7 dribbling was great too.

If it comes to dribbling, there's literally levels between young messi and a young Ronaldo.
Messi was simply unstoppable.

Now, with 33 years of age, he's still one of the top players in that regard, but is probably even more so the best playmaker. At 18-26, at the very least, he absolutely humiliated every single player.

CR7 was obviously worldclass too in that regard, but Messi has simply been an alien.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom