• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yuri Alberto

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Didn't he do it against Brazil tho? Or am I not remembering correctly.

I've no idea who the Brazilian defenders were, but they should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to happen. So relieved none of them ever played here!

I think Luiz was one of the defenders for the 7-1.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No, 1998 is the greatest football competition ever.

Just feel 2006 was amazing too, it needs more love!
Know any good videos of those comps? Fancy a nostalgia dive

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Know any good videos of those comps? Fancy a nostalgia dive

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hm he's not lanky though, is he? Not quite the body shape i'm after i'm afraid.
Probably the closest playing today that I can think of. 6foot and just a few inches shorter than those you listed. But yeah there aren't many classy players knocking around at 6'3 or there abouts.

REWB

Thats fun
He would be one of our best players in an instant. Would elevate the team in an instant.
Thats funny because I seem to remember Xhaka completely bossing him at the King power. Listen he is a decent player, but vastly overrated because he scores a couple of good goals. He doesn't take control of games much at all and goes missing at times.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.

Somewhere in France Gourcuff has just injured himself while spreading butter on a toast because you mentioned his name.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Thats fun

Thats funny because I seem to remember Xhaka completely bossing him at the King power. Listen he is a decent player, but vastly overrated because he scores a couple of good goals. He doesn't take control of games much at all and goes missing at times.
I would not say overrated. Professional though and through. I've seen him play ever since he debuted with RSCA and you could immediatley see that he would be a top class midfielder.

EDIT: And was a better player when he left us for Manaco than Sambi is now.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom