• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yuri Alberto

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
His return from injury for the 2002 WC is one of the all time great football stories.

Lad had to literally reinvent himself as a player thrice over.

Probably my favorite player of all time and some of my best memories of what football should be.

2006 onwards spelled the death of the Seleção and he was one of the culprits on the pitch, but he gave us a wc and a final before it.

Never going to have another generation like that. Same with peps Barca.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Getting back on topic, inter had the chance to win the série a and bottled it.

Performance levels vary greatly between seasons here in brasil, so it would be a welcome thing if he kept his form.

If he drops off, it's likely he'll be sold to a kid table team in Spain or even go to Ukraine or some place like it.

Let's play Aubamawang

If I had a pound for every time I watched a comp like this of a young Brazilian striker I'd have enough money to buy an electric scooter.

His finishing is pretty efficient, but this signing probably depends on Arteta's plans for Martinelli and Balogun once he realises Auba is cooked. I liked the start of the video when he was compared to other players. I'd never heard of any of them either!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Zidane still the nicest to watch for me. Over 6ft, powerful, amazing touch, going past players for fun, both feet, gliding on the pitch, guy looked like he was doing ballet.

Zidane was the best football idol for the 90's kids and many more without a doubt.

I am German, but I was shouting and cheering for France all the time because he's been my hero. And he delivered every single time.

That red card and walking past the World cup trophy was easily the most heartbreaking scene in football for me.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I am still gutted that Klose beat Ronaldo's World Cup goal record, I remember rooting for whichever defence he faced during the 2014 World Cup!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Zidane still the nicest to watch for me. Over 6ft, powerful, amazing touch, going past players for fun, both feet, gliding on the pitch, guy looked like he was doing ballet.

There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I am still gutted that Klose beat Ronaldo's World Cup goal record, I remember rooting for whichever defence he faced during the 2014 World Cup!

Didn't he do it against Brazil tho? Or am I not remembering correctly.

I've no idea who the Brazilian defenders were, but they should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to happen. So relieved none of them ever played here!

TornadoTed

Established Member
Didn't he do it against Brazil tho? Or am I not remembering correctly.

I've no idea who the Brazilian defenders were, but they should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to happen. So relieved none of them ever played here!
Just Googled it, you are right it was against Brazil. I had forgotten that, even worse :facepalm:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That red card and walking past the World cup trophy was easily the most heartbreaking scene in football for me.

The 2006 World Cup is one of the greatest international tournaments ever...but because of the way Italy won, or the way France lost I should say, I feel makes people underrate it.

Everyone pretty much wanted Zidane to sign off from football with the trophy, up to the final he was immense.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The 2006 World Cup is one of the greatest international tournaments ever...but because of the way Italy won, or the way France lost I should say, I feel makes people underrate it.

Everyone pretty much wanted Zidane to sign off from football with the trophy, up to the final he was immense.

Everyone knows it, the Brazil-France game, whereas France has been ****ty for the entire tournament before, Zizou absolutely humiliating the most elite Brazil squad one can imagine, has certainly been the biggest power play of football greats I've ever come to witness.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everyone knows it, the Brazil-France game, whereas France has been ****ty for the entire tournament before, Zizou absolutely humiliating the most elite Brazil squad one can imagine, has certainly been the biggest power play of football greats I've ever come to witness.

He made peak Ronaldinho and Kaka, look like nobodies.

Roberto Carlos' defending for Henry's winner though...hands on hips, not even tracking him, as Thierry volleys at the far post :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His finishing is pretty efficient, but this signing probably depends on Arteta's plans for Martinelli and Balogun once he realises Auba is cooked. I liked the start of the video when he was compared to other players. I'd never heard of any of them either!

My biggest worry is the defending in Serie A is pretty bad from what I've seen when watching a game here and there on TV, always a bit of a gamble these days as you have to get in there early with talent from Brazil before the price rockets.

If the fee is low then cool.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

woah, better than '98?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
On this Yuri Geller fella, unless he's an actual phenomenon, which he doesn't appear to be, it seems a bit pointless considering we have Balogun. If they wanna buy a striker it should be a different type, a big target man, or someone more experienced. No point buying a 20 year old no 9 when we jst gave Balogun a new contract.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.
KDB?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Also no idea who this fella is. But I feel like we've enough projects upfront. I

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom