• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yuri Alberto

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought my Santos boys, Robinho and Diego, would be the next superstars for Brazil...both had good careers, especially Robinho, but felt both could have done better tbh.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Thought my Santos boys, Robinho and Diego, would be the next superstars for Brazil...both had good careers, especially Robinho, but felt both could have done better tbh.

Diego at Werder Bremen was breathtaking.
Most exciting player in the Bundesliga, even more so than Ribery.

Golden days of Bremen. :(

Riou

Diego at Werder Bremen was breathtaking.
Most exciting player in the Bundesliga, even more so than Ribery.

Golden days of Bremen. :(

Linking up with these 2 dons...

COITtv9W8AA9apT.jpg

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rivaldo was well worth that Ballon d'or, genuine superstar and would easily be in the conversation for the best in the world if he was playing right now. Considering he wasn't an out and out striker he sure knew where the net was. That left foot was a wand.

For Brazil to produce Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in the same decade is insane. You'd take any 1 of those and build your team around it so for them to have 3 in the same side is mind boggling.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Ganso was another one I thought had the talent to make it. Such an elegant player.

Lack of pace, mobility and work rate was probably why he never made it in Europe though. Think the days of players who look upon the idea of tracking back and putting in a shift with faint disgust are over sadly.

Games poorer without those character I feel. We need more individuality and personality in the game rather than cookie cutter players / athletes.

Riou

Ganso was another one I thought had the talent to make it. Such an elegant player.

Lack of pace, mobility and work rate was probably why he never made it in Europe though. Think the days of players who look upon the idea of tracking back and putting in a shift with faint disgust are over sadly.

Games poorer without those character I feel. We need more individuality and personality in the game rather than cookie cutter players / athletes.

Dying breed since the 2010s, that's when the game started to shift too much to the athletic side of the game rather than the technique.

SK___

Didn't he do it against Brazil tho? Or am I not remembering correctly.

I've no idea who the Brazilian defenders were, but they should hang their heads in shame for allowing it to happen. So relieved none of them ever played here!
luiz / dante

SK___

Probably the closest playing today that I can think of. 6foot and just a few inches shorter than those you listed. But yeah there aren't many classy players knocking around at 6'3 or there abouts.
mollar is 6’4

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Rivaldo was well worth that Ballon d'or, genuine superstar and would easily be in the conversation for the best in the world if he was playing right now. Considering he wasn't an out and out striker he sure knew where the net was. That left foot was a wand.

For Brazil to produce Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in the same decade is insane. You'd take any 1 of those and build your team around it so for them to have 3 in the same side is mind boggling.

Kaka should fall under the same decade and was no joke. That one year alone where he's been unstoppable .. him humiliating ManU was such an enjoyable night, like school kids.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kaka should fall under the same decade and was no joke. That one year alone where he's been unstoppable .. him humiliating ManU was such an enjoyable night, like school kids.
Yeah Kaka came into his prime slightly after that whilst Romario was slightly before as well. An unreal amount of talent to produce in 50 years let alone 15-20.

The likes of Anderson, Jardel, Amoroso and Elber where all great strikers as well who would've had many more caps/goals if not for the otherworldly players keeping them out the side.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah Kaka came into his prime slightly after that whilst Romario was slightly before as well. An unreal amount of talent to produce in 50 years let alone 15-20.

The likes of Anderson, Jardel, Amoroso and Elber where all great strikers as well who would've had many more caps/goals if not for the otherworldly players keeping them out the side.
Mario Jardel was an absolute beast for a few years.

I just Googled him, better than I remember even. He scored 205 goals in 198 appearances between 1996-2003 for Sporting, Porto and Galatasaray, elite stuff.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I just Googled him, better than I remember even. He scored 205 goals in 198 appearances between 1996-2003 for Sporting, Porto and Galatasaray, elite stuff.
Won Galatasaray the Super Cup over Real Madrid, led them to a victory over Real Madrid in the first leg of the CL Quarters that same season, too. Didn't do anything besides scoring goals, but ****ing hell could he score goals.

There's a lot to be said for the "tall guy with sublime technique" type of player. We don't see that enough nowadays imo. Zidane, Pires, Kaka, they were all slightly lanky, which somehow made what they did look even better. Yoann Gourcuff was the next great hope for that type but he never lived up to it.
Kai Havertz, if he can get there. Showed some glimpses at the CL Final.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was a machine. I'm pretty sure he got at least 1 golden boot as well.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Sonny Anderson was my first ever Championship Manager signing, when I bought the 00/01 edition.

I remember being inspired by our games against Lyon that season.

LMAO "S0nny" is censored? :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Robinho convicted in the second to highest instance of justice in Italy for a gang rape, btw.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Maradona in 86. Never before never again.
The 2006 World Cup is one of the greatest international tournaments ever...but because of the way Italy won, or the way France lost I should say, I feel makes people underrate it.

Everyone pretty much wanted Zidane to sign off from football with the trophy, up to the final he was immense.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've tried explaining Brazilian Ronaldo to people too young to remember him and best I can do is take everything good about Cristiano Ronaldo then give him the dribbling and touch of Messi.
Prime CR7 but stronger and faster with the flair of Ronaldinho. 😂Sounds like a joke even writing that but a player like that actually existed.

He was such a productive player that the flair element of his game gets underrated a bit, he was as skillful/inventive as anyone that’s ever played. Some of the skill moves he’s pulled off in game would have @Football Manager vibrating.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom