• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's pretty unbelievable Walcott is still performing at this level at this stage of his career, usually young players who emerge so young like he did are finished early especially ones who're reliant on their pace and have had the injuries he's had.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I really dont think he bottling his players just not doing the basics nobody told partey do flick the ball above rice head or he told Ramsdale to pass it straight to Southampton player.

I don't think the drop of results is about his tactics its all about the team not doing simple things its his job and coaching staff job to get them back mentally.

You always blamed Wenger and Emery when we failed to win but apparently Teta is only responsible for the results when they are good.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The players look defeated and shot of confidence. Reminds me of last season after losing 3-0 away to Sp**s, and were headed to Newcastle with top 4 still being in our hands.
We still have to go to Newcastle but first it’s Man City :fibs:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The players look defeated and shot of confidence. Reminds me of last season after losing 3-0 away to Sp**s, and were headed to Newcastle with top 4 still being in our hands.
We still have to go to Newcastle but first it’s Man City :fibs:

They look done mentally they disappointed and tired its normal to feel that but it's thier fault too you done amazing to put yourself top of the table until this late but its inexcusable to f**k it up like that

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
They look done mentally they disappointed and tired its normal to feel that but it's thier fault too you done amazing to put yourself top of the table until this late but its inexcusable to f**k it up like that

Can you see them picking themselves up for Wednesday? I can’t.
Never mind losing, I fear we could get smashed.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not at all they have no chance if they keep doing it away from home we better football team but you cant do that against on form team like man city.

Even if we were on form i didn't have hope against city specially with thier form

ArtetaOut

Choking to ****ing Southampton lol. If we'd afforded Unai the patience and money given to Cone Boy the title would've been won already. Just look at what he is doing with ****ing Villa. 2nd in the league in terms of points gained only behind City in recent months. And he had only signed one ****ing player and no full preseason to work with.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We've got 4 days, Arteta has to play his part. Ødegaard and Xhaka as the leaders have to do their part. The reaction is understandable after the game they had, I'd be shocked if they were all stoic about it and walked off like nothing happened. Every game from now till the end will be an emotional rollercoaster for everyone involved.

If we cannot motivate ourselves for a game against City then I don't know how we can motivate ourselves for anything. Arteta has to get the players to focus on the opportunity to do something great rather than the fear of losing it. I've no doubts we'll be up for the game, maybe City's quality will tell but I don't believe we'll go there and roll over.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Choking to ****ing Southampton lol. If we'd afforded Unai the patience and money given to Cone Boy the title would've been won already. Just look at what he is doing with ****ing Villa. 2nd in the league in terms of points gained only behind City in recent months. And he had only signed one ****ing player and no full preseason to work with.
We give him money he set us back few years back no thanks villa and villareal his level Arteta get us competing with youngest team in league. Seem also you forgot unai choke against Brighton and Crystal Palace at home when we were having top 4 in our hand

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How? He took us from 6 to 5. Arteta took us from 5 to 8.

Pochettino competed with the youngest team in 15/16 and when he failed you mocked him.
He got from 8th to 1st Or 2nd.

Look i respect unai but guy not gonna succeed here was pretty clear arteta may not too but at least he building us young team hopefully we not stupid as Sp**s

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This was very disappointing but from now on, we take no chances in defence like Ramsdale did last night. Any pressure penalties go down the middle. No rash shooting from distance and we shouldn't be afraid to take our time and reset. Ode needs to impose his will as captain and order Jesus to stay upfield. We've had a 3 game blip but I'm hoping for a 6 game winning run 🙏

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This is the second time this season against these bottom-dwellers that we've been denied a legitimate penalty.

I really, really hate Southampton. Even back during the Wenger days of playing them at The Dell & then early in their time at St. Mary's, they've always had our number.

Their dropping to the Championship for a decade or two will be a welcome reprieve.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I really dont think he bottling his players just not doing the basics nobody told partey do flick the ball above rice head or he told Ramsdale to pass it straight to Southampton player.

I don't think the drop of results is about his tactics its all about the team not doing simple things its his job and coaching staff job to get them back mentally.

His team selections, his substitutions, and the timing of his substitutions all tell an entirely different story.

If Xhaka wasn’t available, Vieira isn’t the one who should replace him. There’s no way in hell Vieira should start ahead of any of our central midfielders especially an experienced guy like Jorginho.

Sorry to say it but Arteta is as guilty as the rest of the team in not coping the pressure.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
His team selections, his substitutions, and the timing of his substitutions all tell an entirely different story.

If Xhaka wasn’t available, Vieira isn’t the one who should replace him. There’s no way in hell Vieira should start ahead of any of our central midfielders especially an experienced guy like Jorginho.

Sorry to say it but Arteta is as guilty as the rest of the team in not coping the pressure.
Of course but can't see who he'd be replacing Vieira is xhaka replacement and holding is saliba replacement its easy to say try new things but we in title race we can't do that. Something i agree with you is his subs are late and mostly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom