• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What was the point in signing Jorginho again ? In moments where we need experience more than never he still doesn't use him.

With Saliba out, Partey and the defense need more support. Jorginho knows how to be slightly dirty, win fouls, keep the ball.

Really don't understand Arteta recent decisions. Also Trossard create way too many chances to waste time on the bench. If you not gonna play Jorginho to help solidify that horrible defense, at least play Trossard in the Xhaka role. Vieira is like taking no decision. He was never gonna do anything against a team fighting for survival.
He should have played Jorginho and Trossard from the start or at least not have started Viera. That was a mistake

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not long back from the game. And I must say.....apart from the last 10-15 mins it was a disappointing affair.

Ramsdale. Shocking for the first goal. Too casual. Unacceptable at this level. Especially in the first minute.

Holding. Takes too long, and is clearly uncomfortable having to make any kind of forward pass that is ever so slightly risky.

Zinchenko looks too casual also. Like the game is so easy for him drifting into midfield that he doesn't have a responsibility to actually defend. Maybes that's solely on Mikel. I don't know.

Vieira was terrible. Absolutely terrible and how he wasn't hooked at half time is beyond me.

Jesus is lacking the sharpness he had at the start of the season. There's obvious reasons why but I'd expect better given that he has played 3 or 4 games.

Ødegaard was one who was trying to make things happen. Trossard should have been on at half time.

Mikel has to take a big chunk of the blame too. He is sticking with a defensive structure that clearly doesn't work. He's playing a weak Holding and maybe asking too much from Zinchenko. His subs need to be quicker also.

Overall a disappointing result despite the interesting ending and I'd go as far to say that result means no league title. We are incredibly weak defensively and there was only so long we were going to concede 2 and 3 a game and get last minute winners or sneaky draws.

Overall....a decent season but some major money is needed to be spent this summer to mount another challenge.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Not long back from the game. And I must say.....apart from the last 10-15 mins it was a disappointing affair.

Ramsdale. Shocking for the first goal. Too casual. Unacceptable at this level. Especially in the first minute.

Holding. Takes too long, and is clearly uncomfortable having to make any kind of forward pass that is ever so slightly risky.

Zinchenko looks too casual also. Like the game is so easy for him drifting into midfield that he doesn't have a responsibility to actually defend. Maybes that's solely on Mikel. I don't know.

Vieira was terrible. Absolutely terrible and how he wasn't hooked at half time is beyond me.

Jesus is lacking the sharpness he had at the start of the season. There's obvious reasons why but I'd expect better given that he has played 3 or 4 games.

Ødegaard was one who was trying to make things happen. Trossard should have been on at half time.

Mikel has to take a big chunk of the blame too. He is sticking with a defensive structure that clearly doesn't work. He's playing a weak Holding and maybe asking too much from Zinchenko. His subs need to be quicker also.

Overall a disappointing result despite the interesting ending and I'd go as far to say that result means no league title. We are incredibly weak defensively and there was only so long we were going to concede 2 and 3 a game and get last minute winners or sneaky draws.

Overall....a decent season but some major money is needed to be spent this summer to mount another challenge.
Hope you ended up getting a reasonable priced ticket, probably wasn't what you were expecting when you purchased the ticket.

Artemis

At least it was Walcott, tbh.

If Ox was the one to get the late equaliser for Liverpool the other week, would have been the end of my love of football.
That goal he scored gave me nostalgia, ngl. His performance also did a number on my brain. I was thinking "hey he still has serious pace", then "hey he can still score goals" and then it went to "hey, he would be a good backup option for Saka"

Artemis

I think someone here actually predicted that Walcott would sink our title chances and I think they said it only as a joke.

I thought it was far-fetched as well but I can't rule anything out anymore. Maybe Mudryk will score against us lol

Olivier_Giroud

Not confident about this game. It is extremely worrying that this sad excuse of a footballer named Fabio Vieira is starting. Expect him to stink up the place and serve another garbage of a performance. I cannot understand, for the life of me, why start this fraud in a very important game given the recent tragic results with our players having the focus and confidence of toddlers.

The Genuine Vieira is in the stands watching while his cheap Chinese knock-off is playing.
CALLED IT!!! Any rational being who has an IQ higher than a Kangaroo can see that there is a disaster written all over it. And many in AM expected this game to be a walk in the park with some alcoholics expecting a 4-0 Arsenal win...

Most Important Game in this so called "Induced-delusion" title run after two recent gruesome results and our counterfeit manager decided to call on an even bigger fraud of a player in Fraudio Vieira. He decided this calamitous result even before the game started. Basically fielded 9 outfield players.

Expected a Fraudio Vieira Masterclass ended up with a catastrophe. F--k Around and Find Out.

Mohamed7

I have just watched 25 minutes extended highlights and full second half. Some points worth noting:

1. Comical errors leading to the three goals:
A. The first was a huge double-fcuk up by Ramsdale. I can’t understand why he went for the risky pass when both our CBs were free. Then, he should have redeemed the situation with a strong right hand safe. Too weak.
B. The second was via several errors: wrong and risky pass, poor positioning by both Vieira and Holding. No idea why the Portuguese was so wide when he should have tucked in. Holding should have pushed up & inline with Gabriel even before we gave away the ball but instead he ball-watched and was too far behind which gave Alcaraz all the space and time in the world to wait for Theo’s run and through-pass. Very poor positioning and no tactical awareness from Holding, although it was a collective, cluster **** up he should have rectified it.
C. The third was Partely attempting a risky pass when he had an open, much easier option in Martellini. That resulted the corner. Another big mistake losing the first header from Holding allowing someone to get in front of him. Ball watching. Poor. Easy tap in at the far post because again another player of us, Zinny, ball watching rather than staying with the man. We had a similar huge chance towards end of the first half but the Southampton player was switched on and cleared off the line while ours was ball watching with no movement for the tap in after the near post flick on. Disgraceful.

2. Midfield partnership: You can blame TP5 all you want but he did more than was asked. He was basically control a huge space in the middle most of the time. Vieira was woeful every sense of it. His replacement Trossard was too forward and too wide. Zinny did extremely well to fill that gap and it was the most we created around 70s but that was gone after his sub. Xhaka performed well in this role thus far although his own limitations hinderance us in tighter matches. I believe this will be one of the key positions we need to upgrade in the summer.

3. Forward Performance and Options:
A. Jesus cost us the points today. We did more than enough to score at least FIVE goals which would have covered our mistakes. He was dog$hit throughout the match. Poor positioning, touch, decisions, and execution. TBH, poor in every aspect. We seriously cannot rely on him next season and onwards. By December, it was clear why he was benched by City and the Haaland purchase. But now, it’s ridiculous. Extremely low conversion rate. Can’t see him ever scoring more than 20 in a season.
B. Nketiah is almost too similar profile to Jesus. He was ineffective and didn’t contribute anything. Can’t hold the ball, can’t link up with players, and poor execution in the limited chances he got involved. Poverty pass to Jesus towards the end by overhitting though I highly doubt Jesus would have capitalized on it even if better pass was given to him. We seriously need similar type of Giroud player in the summer and ship Eddie out on loan in EPL. Will give us not only bench plan B option but allow us to play Jesus wide in some matches.

4. Some positives: great performances from some players including Saka, Martellini, Ødegaard, Gabriel, and Zinny.

5. Next three matches: we are miles off from our earlier parts of the season’s performance and even not close to our level in the 7 straight wins period. Of course a win against City could lift us and change our course but it’s an extremely bleak hope. Defense and midfield lack assurance of delivering. Out of sync. Messing up the basics. Need a chance of personal and tactics on Wednesday. Given our bench, I can’t see anyone to give us what we need for this change. We definitely need to play White in CB but who plays there? Can’t use TP5 there cause a midfield of Jorginho and Xhaka will get destroyed. Tierney at RB is a serious option now. Zinny defensively is a huge liability. I am worried against City on our defensive left. They will double up on Gabriel (the CB).

6. Final Say: it seems we are coming short on exactly where and why we anticipated after Saliba’s and Tommy injuries. This challenge was always too soon for us. We needed a huge luck with injuries to our eleven. Didn’t happen. Such a shame. Need a miracle against City. Whatever happens I hope the team knows they have done fabulous work and achievement this season. Need to have another fantastic summer transfers and I am sure we will hit 90+ points in 23/24.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Of course if we carry on like this even Chelsea Nottingham and Wolves will be struggle to win.

The team have to get back to basics now forgot about the title and try finish season strongly.
Watch Aubameyang come from nowhere and turn into Mbappé smh

Mohamed7

Holding had nothing to do with the result today, Southampton weren’t putting him under pressure he wasn’t lumping it long.

Partey had a stinker yet again sadly. Overall our team was/is too emotional.
Watch their second goal and explain why he wasn’t at fault after our poor pass by Saka!

Holding was too deep and should have pushed inline with Gabriel. Would have closed down Alcaraz easily with better positioning and tactical awareness.

As for Partley what did he do wrong other than the poor pass that led to the corner for the third goal and his poor decision to shoot at 98th minute??

sdotzdot

Established Member
Honestly, the last three games (and tbf significant parts of the season) have been so utterly bizarre that I genuinely think anything could happen on Wednesday. Equally and on the evidence of tonight, anything could happen in our remaining 5 games also.

**** it, let’s roll…
Spot on. It’s been absolutely mental, hasn’t it?

The wheels have well and truly rolled off and despite the point lead (games in hand aren’t guaranteed points) it’s pretty clear that we’re the ones chasing now. I somehow think this will make it easier now for the team however if they manage to get back on track and we can win it within the last two games or so I have no confidence in this team being able to handle the pressure.

I can completely see us going to etihad and looking like a completely different team and taking the points.

I can equally see us getting absolutely smashed and putting in a clown performance.

What a bizarre team. But **** it vibes FC.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Theo scores to double his yearly tally, don’t think we caught him offside once, and the backup CB scored. Charity FC working with the PL script writers this season. Next up City away :lol:

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Bergman will tell us we lost because of Granits absence una
Incorrect.
I was actually saying we should have won without Xhaka, but turns out I was wrong, we do need him to beat the side bottom of the league at home.
Come on… Southampton’s midfield is weak. We are at home to the team bottom of the league.
I’m the first to say how important Xhaka (our most important player) is for us but even without him this should be an easy win for us.

baccy_man

Established Member
Our run in is starting to remind me of the run in that Newcastle had under Keegan they had a 12 point lead in the league and blew the title, we are going to have to hope that City drop points now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom