• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 3 - 3 Southampton | Friday, April 21 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

20:00 kick off, so no sunlight in this for Casper to go missing as every dog in the PL will be watching this game closely on a Friday night after a long week at work:

Epar-x8XcAAn4HN

Form:

C8909C96-2BBB-4E86-80C7-E4EBFB2C58C4.jpeg

If Saliba isn’t fit then I’d start with this:

Trossard
Martinelli Ødegaard Jesus
Zinchenko Jorginho
Tierney Gabriel White Partey
Ramsdale
Partey can invert during the game next to Jorginho with Tierney playing in a 3 at the back similar to what Pep is doing. We’ll have more bodies in the middle of the pitch and dominate the game imo which we’ve been lacking in recent games.

This is our best time to try something different and be creative before we go to the Etihad.

Arsenal 4-0 Southampton

Let’s FOGGIN DO THIS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Artemis

With the injuries/momentum shift/lack of experience, I am dreading that City game now...not sure what Arteta can do to get a result, as I don't think he will play defensive.

End of the season will feel kinda long now, been a good season but a disappointing end....shame.
Arteta should lock the team down at the Etihad and dust off his FA Cup winning playbook. We should play deep, really deep, with no space given to Haaland at all.

I hate to say this but Sp**s did this to perfection when they beat City.

Haaland is a lame-duck when he's given no space & time. He's not a player that can create chances for himself. He turns into a passenger.

We should look to hit City on the break which I believe we can do better than any other team out there. Bayern Munich were frankly pathetic. They had chances on the break against City but failed to take them.

But other than that, the team needs to stay deep and compact. The team right now don't have what it takes to playing an open game against City. They're making far too many mistakes at the moment and we're simply conceding too much.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Arteta should lock the team down at the Etihad and dust off his FA Cup winning playbook. We should play deep, really deep, with no space given to Haaland at all.

I hate to say this but Sp**s did this to perfection when they beat City.

Haaland is a lame-duck when he's given no space & time. He's not a player that can create chances for himself. He turns into a passenger.

We should look to hit City on the break which I believe we can do better than any other team out there. Bayern Munich were frankly pathetic. They had chances on the break against City but failed to take them.

But other than that, the team needs to stay deep and compact. The team right now don't have what it takes to playing an open game against City. They're making far too many mistakes at the moment and we're simply conceding too much.
Im not sure what we should do. Problem is now we need to win it to keep it in our hands. Also when we were getting by dominated by liverpool wasn't ever convinced our defence was good enough to sustain the pressure. If we play very deep we need to ensure we can still find out passes and maintain some possession, kinda opposite to what we could do against pool where the ball just kept on coming back.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Have Southampton ever scored 3 goals a game this season? They scored like less than 30.

Well good for them they scored more than Chelsea probably and hopefully they go down we just struggle against them.
Strange team. Lots of decent players. Knocked City out of the league cup, totally outplaying them. Were desperately unlucky to lose to Utd, played well against us at their place, beat Chelsea away before everyone was doing it, were unlucky not to beat Sp**s, but have been utterly cack for so many other games.

Artemis

Im not sure what we should do. Problem is now we need to win it to keep it in our hands. Also when we were getting by dominated by liverpool wasn't ever convinced our defence was good enough to sustain the pressure. If was play very deep we need to ensure we can still find passes to maintain some possession, kinda opposite to what we could do against pool,
The team were rattled at Anfield, I'm not sure why but a lot of players were out of it. But the main pressure was coming down Zinchenko's side. He was getting killed down there so it wasn't a surprise the goal came from there. We shouldn't repeat that mistake against City.

Tierney was playing when we beat them in that FA cup run and I think he should start on Wednesday. He had that side on lock in the Semi-final victory. Zinchenko needs to be shifted to the middle if he starts.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Strange team. Lots of decent players. Knocked City out of the league cup, totally outplaying them. Were desperately unlucky to lose to Utd, played well against us at their place, beat Chelsea away before everyone was doing it, were unlucky not to beat Sp**s, but have been utterly cack for so many other games.
They young team tooo but just similar to us thier experience is seriously low and that will be factor of going down. They won't face Arsenal for rest season too a team who gift goals

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It would be understandable if we didnt win it due to results at newcastle and city away. And city went perfect. This is kinda what I expected. But we are bottling it to West Ham and Southhampton at home conceding 5 sloppy goals; this leaves a bad taste at the moment.
I agree & it sucks!!
However although the squad has improved massively from last season. I still think it shows we are not quite ready squad wise to deal with it yet.

Missing both Saliba & Tomi at the same time though has been really unfortunate & a major issue.
To win the title against this City team will never be easy.

We really needed pretty much everything to go our way on the injury front.

Feeling the heat & Injuries to the defence cost us top 4 last season
This season maybe the title?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I ****in' hate we started to play every corner shot - we were such a force on set pieces in the last seasons, it feels like that is all gone. And in addition to this we are very vulnerable on set pieces defensively now.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I agree & it sucks!!
However although the squad has improved massively from last season. I still think it shows we are not quite ready squad wise to deal with it yet.

Missing both Saliba & Tomi at the same time though has been really unfortunate & a major issue.
To win the title against this City team will never be easy.

We really needed pretty much everything to go our way on the injury front.

Feeling the heat & Injuries to the defence cost us top 4 last season
This season maybe the title?

First half of season was elite and we look great but thinking our second half of season has kinda reverted to where we were last season, a top 4 side:

7 wins 5 wins 2 losses

Don't think we have been that great imo.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You may be right.

I still think we have been pretty much the 2nd best side in the league though tbf.

We have still taken 24 points I think from our last 10 games?

The thing is City have raised the level so high that u have to be almost perfect to win it.

Liverpool had 3 or 4? absolutely excellent seasons & only won the league once.

Squeaky bum time doesn't really hit until you get down to single digit games. We were always likely to start feeling the pressure after leading for so long with City in full on relentless mode.

blaze_of_glory

You may be right.

I still think we have been pretty much the 2nd best side in the league though tbf.

The thing is City have raised the level so high that u have to be almost perfect to win it.

Squeaky *** time doesn't really hit until you get down to single digit games. We were always likely to start feeling the pressure after leading for so long with City in full on relentless mode.
Yup, there is basically no margin for error when City are playing as well as they can. Like you said, that amazing Liverpool team only managed to beat them the one time they had an off season.

And yeah, I haven't checked recently but the underlying stats have I think shown us as second best in the league for a while.

Gunners1616

What was the point in signing Jorginho again ? In moments where we need experience more than never he still doesn't use him.

With Saliba out, Partey and the defense need more support. Jorginho knows how to be slightly dirty, win fouls, keep the ball.

Really don't understand Arteta recent decisions. Also Trossard create way too many chances to waste time on the bench. If you not gonna play Jorginho to help solidify that horrible defense, at least play Trossard in the Xhaka role. Vieira is like taking no decision. He was never gonna do anything against a team fighting for survival.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You may be right.

Squeaky *** time doesn't really hit until you get down to single digit games. We were always likely to start feeling the pressure after leading for so long with City in full on relentless mode.
Think these last three games have showed that we have a way to go before we really are ready to challenge. There is of course still hope we can nick it, but it hasn't looked good the last 3 games to be fair and today was the worst one of the lot! I am still not giving up hope. We are still in it but unless City starts messing up the bed we are a long shot. At least the rest of the league, the referees and media can breath a sigh of relief. ****s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom