• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 3 Brighton And Hove Albion | Sunday 14th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Brighton conceded 5 at home to Dyche's Everton. They're still a dangerous team. But I think we should be fairly comfortable. They're not a physical side like Newcastle. They play football the 'right way' which should suit us.

Our record has not been greet against them since they gained promotion back in 2017. They've always made life difficult for us. Even the game we won was always a struggle. Think this season was the first time we beat them emphatically. No reason not to beat them at home especially as they'll be low on confidence. We beat them, we put them at risk of losing European football and they play out of their skin to get a result against City.

Think the lineup picks itself tbh except maybe Jorginho eps his place.

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It was one of fluke results everton just somehow destroy them in counters

Its not a fluke result bro, its what happens when the game swings your way.

Everton got the advantage there last week, and Brighton got the advantage with us today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I see these youtube experts speaking about us being battered by Brighton at home :lol:

It must be a good day if you're a salty rival breathing a sigh of relief tonight. Keep consoling yourself with the idea that this was a once off, because unfortunately its not.

Hope that Arsenal do not sign anyone this summer, because that is your only hope.
As long AFTV not embarrassing us i don't care about rival fans we finishing ahead of them comfortably

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes, but sometimes fluke results turn out to be something else. Wenger suffered from many fluke results when he managed Monaco, it cost him his job.
Well its different because of the expectations. This is the best season in Brighton history

Kav

Established Member
Not weak and fragile, just baffled, honestly that's what your posts leave me feeling.

Out of all the emotions and ideas that come to mind at this low moment... You make it your business to go and laugh at and come with I told you so's.

Its like me deciding to settle scores and be smug at a funeral. What kinda psycho does that?

Seems like I know one now, on Arsenal Mania. The good news is, at least I know what to expect from you going forward. I wont be as shocked next time you show up.
Where did I post any I told you so. Where did I gloat. You can’t show that because I did no such thing. All I did was laugh at your post and you started projecting your insecurities on others.

I suggest you look within. You clearly overreact to the use of an emoji and made yourself look silly.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Its not a fluke result bro, its what happens when the game swings your way.

Everton got the advantage there last week, and Brighton got the advantage with us today.
Yeah that why it was bit of fluke because everton were clinical that day mcniel turned to eden hazard lol.

SA Gunner

Where did I post any I told you so. Where did I gloat. You can’t show that because I did no such thing. All I did was laugh at your post and you started projecting your insecurities on others.

I suggest you look within. You clearly overreact to the use of an emoji and made yourself look silly.

Is laughing not weird? Especially at such a low moment?

Like I said, its either you are a Spud or non Arsenal fan, or you sure know how to pick your moments to gloat. Im not gonna speculate about which it is anymore, but just say that your behaviour isnt normal.

I think Ill leave it there and wont talk to you about this topic again. Lets just let it be.

Reactions: Kav

NZgunner

As soon as I saw the City result I felt that the title challenge was over, and I think maybe Arteta and the team did too. They weren't as bad as 0-3 suggests, or even 0-2, but they obviously weren't 100% mentally.

The first goal was always going to be important, easy to say with hindsight, but I think if we'd put one of ours away we would have gone on to win.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's also worth remembering that Brighton also had players missing, but managed to dominate possession and score 3 without reply.

Done well this season, but no need to make excuses for this awful performance.
I was talking about the season, not today.

We all know that bar 2 or 3, our back ups are either unproven youngish talent, not good enough or not suited to our system. Our first 11 better than Brighton's, but their broader squad is more plug and play and their manager has been absolutely brilliant since taking over.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We are only pushing because several key teams including city had a weak start/ season.

If all these teams start preforming like they should, then next year we will be lucky to push top 6 if more than half our starting eleven stays the same.
Ummm our current points total (even before last 2 games) is good enough for 1st, 2nd or 3rd every year in the history of the English top flight. Even if we drop off a bit, we're still in good shape.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
PV4 says we are missing the physical presence leadership- basically himself tbh. He says City has that physical presence allied to technicality. It's not just about size but pace, agility and power. Micah says Partey's tail off from dominating physically to dropping has been significant
Both 100% correct and reflect what I said after both City games. With Paddy & Gilberto alongside MO8 today, the game is a different story.

That said, all the 'disgraceful' merchants piping up need to remember small margins. We hit the woodwork twice in the first half, their opening goal shouldn't have stood. We go ahead and we win comfortably

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The way everyone wants Caicedo now, is the same way everyone wanted Bissouma. Easy to deny it but I remember clearly, the list for Bissouma was even stronger than Caicedo now.

Look how Bissouma turned out. When players get their move things don’t always turn out as expected, there’s always a risk.

By the way, Caicedo was playing right back today, not in midfield.

SA Gunner

It's also worth remembering that Brighton also had players missing, but managed to dominate possession and score 3 without reply.

Done well this season, but no need to make excuses for this awful performance.

I hope you actually watched the match today.

We lost this game because we were forced into a situation where we had to chase the game, exactly what Brighton wanted. Exactly what we did to Newcastle last week as well.

You do not miss your chances and give the opposition a chance to breathe at this level. We were suffocating Brighton all of the first half and they survived it, we should have buried them by half time because they couldnt even play out the back. They resorted to fouls and rough play to try and stay in the game.

They then scored a fortunate goal thereafter, which should have been pulled back for a foul, and then could shut up the attacking shop and just counter attack.

Fine margins matter at this level, and when you are in a position of advantage you no longer have to take risks. This is the complete context you must apply when analysing Arsenal's performance.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Lauren would have crunched Mitoma early to put him into his shell/pocket especially when he saw the ref was letting everything go at the start, while prime Sagna would have just been too fast and strong for Mitoma to do anything against 1 v 1.

Saw the downside to White physically today, just lacks that half years of speed.
Yeah, White is a fine player, but he isn't as quick as most full-backs, and not old school 'hard' either. Still, just having the option to rest him occasionally would be nice.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way everyone wants Caicedo now, is the same way everyone wanted Bissouma. Easy to deny it but I remember clearly, the list for Bissouma was even stronger than Caicedo now.

Look how Bissouma turned out. When players get their move things don’t always turn out as expected, there’s always a risk.

By the way, Caicedo was playing right back today, not in midfield.

Caicedo is miles ahead of where Bissouma was, literally twice the player.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Caicedo is miles ahead of where Bissouma was, literally twice the player.

You must not remember the volume of people clamouring and wishing for Bissouma, both here and across social media. A lot more wanted him at the time than those wanting Caicedo. People are split between Caicedo and Rice. Nobody realistically thinks we are going to spend over £220 mil to sign both in one window when there are other positions that need strengthening too.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You must not remember the volume of people clamouring and wishing for Bissouma, both here and across social media. A lot more wanted him at the time than those wanting Caicedo. People are split between Caicedo and Rice. Nobody realistically thinks we are going to spend over £220 mil to sign both in one window when there are other positions that need strengthening too.

Not disputing that, and for the record I never wanted him.

Caicedo just has far more to his game. More dynamic, more versatile, better on the ball, far better defender ect.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Never wanted Bissouma. Very good at certain things, but didn't have the range of abilities for Arteta. Might have made sense under Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom