• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 3 Brighton And Hove Albion | Sunday 14th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Brighton conceded 5 at home to Dyche's Everton. They're still a dangerous team. But I think we should be fairly comfortable. They're not a physical side like Newcastle. They play football the 'right way' which should suit us.

Our record has not been greet against them since they gained promotion back in 2017. They've always made life difficult for us. Even the game we won was always a struggle. Think this season was the first time we beat them emphatically. No reason not to beat them at home especially as they'll be low on confidence. We beat them, we put them at risk of losing European football and they play out of their skin to get a result against City.

Think the lineup picks itself tbh except maybe Jorginho eps his place.

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Not disputing that, and for the record I never wanted him.

Caicedo just has far more to his game. More dynamic, more versatile, better on the ball, far better defender ect.

I’m not denying that. I don’t actually have an opinion since I haven’t watched him closely enough. But can you tell me that if we spend say £120 mil on Caicedo he won’t flop like the majority of £80mil + signings in the world have? (Pogba, Enzo Fernandes etc)

By the way will he be a 6 or an 8 for us? Today he was an inverted right back.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m not denying that. I don’t actually have an opinion since I haven’t watched him closely enough. But can you tell me that if we pay £120 mil on Caicedo he won’t flop like the majority of £80mil + signings in the world have? (Pogba, Enzo Fernandes etc)

I’d never advocate signing him if that was the price.

What he has in his favour though is he’s proven in the PL which a lot of these big money signings aren’t and is extremely versatile.

He put in a brilliant performance at right back, for us to challenge we are going to need players that can cover multiple positions to a high level.

Olivier_Giroud

Gutted... Extremely Disappointed! Even with the recent tragedies we were still expected to win the League!!!

After all Pep Guardiola and his team who won the most Premier League Titles the last decade, who is finally bedded in with the monster up front and in their best form this season, is Expect To Drop Points, RIGHT?

And Certainly not the Spanish Brendan Rodgers and his Band of Bottlers who could not even win against Southampton at home, is not expected to drop points in the last games of the season... RIGHT??

The Delusional Logic of our AFTV brainwashed fans - "Oh Man City is certainly going to drop points and no not Arsenal, NO WAY"...….. LMAO.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Kobe Bryant GIF

Never slander Bean. Ms 8 different samples was looking for some money.
Only in America do you have to pay millions to the woman who slandered you and tried to lynch you while the entire media pretends the money grubbing lying murderess and false accuser is the victim. Funny she was raped but went to a party bragging she did Kobe to her friends and had multiple guys jism in her at the rape test, and lied about it. Thank you for at least pointing out the fact that this Ho tried to lynch Kobe snd got paid for it, American justice personified

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
What do you think of the VAR situation against Brentford, should we view that as points dropped or just bad luck?
Dirty petrosheik money corrupting football every FA official needs to have their finances audited by a third party. If immune from prosecution, murderous bribe monkeys are allowed to own teams then buying officials is only a matter of time

Kav

Established Member
Is laughing not weird? Especially at such a low moment?

Like I said, its either you are a Spud or non Arsenal fan, or you sure know how to pick your moments to gloat. Im not gonna speculate about which it is anymore, but just say that your behaviour isnt normal.

I think Ill leave it there and wont talk to you about this topic again. Lets just let it be.
Oh so you get to determine what people find funny now? Either you’re thin skinned or you’re or you have deep insecurities. I don’t know but that is a matter for you.

You can’t even admit that you were wrong. I laughed because of your reaction to the events today. Which I genuinely found funny.

Like you said we can move on. Let’s leave it there.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What did Caicedo do other than injure Martinelli?
I was more impressed by the guy on the other flank, Estepunian (sp?)

Haphazard

Was close there, he's credibilty would have been completely ruined had we won the league.

Probably thinks we forgotten about Arsenal finishing third behind United though, the streets will never let him forget that.
Don't forget last season he said that he didn't understand our transfer strategy and that Arteta's peak is Top 4 with this side (to be fair can't blame him for that one no one thought we would be in a title race)

Haphazard

I know this is gonna sound bad but

Brighton were pumped 5-1 at home by Everton of all teams so they would be massively motivated no matter who they faced next game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Don't forget last season he said that he didn't understand our transfer strategy and that Arteta's peak is Top 4 with this side (to be fair can't blame him for that one no one thought we would be in a title race)

He’s a fraud, already exposed technically and tactically on the field. And now exposed as a biased commentator as well.

He’ll continue to get employment though and spew his rubbish takes which will be lapped up. Wait for his predictions for next season, he won’t disappoint yet again.

But the real ones will never forget.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
As soon as I saw the City result I felt that the title challenge was over, and I think maybe Arteta and the team did too. They weren't as bad as 0-3 suggests, or even 0-2, but they obviously weren't 100% mentally.

The first goal was always going to be important, easy to say with hindsight, but I think if we'd put one of ours away we would have gone on to win.
The first goal was integral in this game and we had our central defender dropping to the ground like a potato, pathetic.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A somewhat anticlimactic ending to a season that has offered much entertainment.

We've shown our inexperience at times this season, both the players and the management.

That being said, we've taken strides that I didn't think we were capable of.

If we keep recruiting well, as we've done recently, I think we have a lot to look forward to next season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I am disgusted that we were played off the park by them. They do everything we supposedly aspire to do, but consistently and confidently.

Pathetic.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I am disgusted that we were played off the park by them. They do everything we supposedly aspire to do, but consistently and confidently.

Pathetic.

Your analysis is just wrong.

Like last week when they were trounced by a relegation side at home? Pretty consistent and confident eh?

No, its not that simple. The game changed when Brighton got the advantage and could sit back and take advantage of our risk taking. Exactly what we did to Newcastle last week. Go back and watch the first half especially once the emotions have died down.

We dominated them in the first half and we didnt punish them during that domination. That left the door open for them to sneak the goal and then make the most of their advantage.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A perfect match to sum up the Emirates era, tbh.

Despite having quality on the pitch like Martin Ødegaard, Gabriel Jesus, Leandro Trossard, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli, Emile Smith Rowe, etc...we still just have a certain level of mental weakness about us that we haven't been able to shake off since we left Highbury.

We are definitely closer to the top teams than when Arteta first took over, but the way we have dropped points recently shows we have still a ways to go...we are just gonna have to take our banter from rival fans and come back stronger next year, as I can see how United fans can frame it to say they have had a better season than us...annoying year, despite the clear progress...so weird 😅

Maybe I got too excited when we were 5 clear of a team like City, they do know what it takes to get over the line while we don't right now...suppose that's football, builds your hopes just to usually crush them...it's why it's both the best/worst thing to watch!

Next season will be hard, at least for a title challenge...as dealing with both the Premier League and Champions League is the hardest thing for a team, and we haven't done that in quite a while and Arteta has never dealt with it...so rotation isn't gonna be as easy next season from midweek to weekends.

So stay in the Top Four (which I think we will) give a respectable account of ourselves in the Champions League and win one of the cups (ideally the FA cup as it's the better comp and we can extend our record lead in it too) think that would be a good and very achievable 2023/2024 season...we all want Arsenal to be as good as 2004 again, but we still have steps to take imo.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Your analysis is just wrong.

Like last week when they were trounced by a relegation side at home? Pretty consistent and confident eh?

No, its not that simple. The game changed when Brighton got the advantage and could sit back and take advantage of our risk taking. Exactly what we did to Newcastle last week. Go back and watch the first half especially once the emotions have died down.

We dominated them in the first half and we didnt punish them during that domination. That left the door open for them to sneak the goal and then make the most of their advantage.
Fine I'll watch it again.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
A perfect match to sum up the Emirates era, tbh.

Despite having quality on the pitch like Martin Ødegaard, Gabriel Jesus, Leandro Trossard, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli, Emile Smith Rowe, etc...we still just have a certain level of mental weakness about us that we haven't been able to shake off since we left Highbury.

We are definitely closer to the top teams than when Arteta first took over, but the way we have dropped points recently shows we have still a ways to go...we are just gonna have to take our banter from rival fans and come back stronger next year, as I can see how United fans can frame it to say they have had a better season than us...annoying year, despite the clear progress...so weird 😅

Maybe I got too excited when we were 5 clear of a team like City, they do know what it takes to get over the line while we don't right now...suppose that's football, builds your hopes just to usually crush them...it's why it's both the best/worst thing to watch!

Next season will be hard, at least for a title challenge...as dealing with both the Premier League and Champions League is the hardest thing for a team, and we haven't done that in quite a while and Arteta has never dealt with it...so rotation isn't gonna be as easy next season from midweek to weekends.

So stay in the Top Four (which I think we will) give a respectable account of ourselves in the Champions League and win one of the cups (ideally the FA cup as it's the better comp and we can extend our record lead in it too) think that would be a good and very achievable 2023/2024 season...we all want Arsenal to be as good as 2004 again, but we still have steps to take imo.
Arsenal 2002 was better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom