• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 3 Brighton And Hove Albion | Sunday 14th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Brighton conceded 5 at home to Dyche's Everton. They're still a dangerous team. But I think we should be fairly comfortable. They're not a physical side like Newcastle. They play football the 'right way' which should suit us.

Our record has not been greet against them since they gained promotion back in 2017. They've always made life difficult for us. Even the game we won was always a struggle. Think this season was the first time we beat them emphatically. No reason not to beat them at home especially as they'll be low on confidence. We beat them, we put them at risk of losing European football and they play out of their skin to get a result against City.

Think the lineup picks itself tbh except maybe Jorginho eps his place.

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A perfect match to sum up the Emirates era, tbh.

Despite having quality on the pitch like Martin Ødegaard, Gabriel Jesus, Leandro Trossard, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli, Emile Smith Rowe, etc...we still just have a certain level of mental weakness about us that we haven't been able to shake off since we left Highbury.

We are definitely closer to the top teams than when Arteta first took over, but the way we have dropped points recently shows we have still a ways to go...we are just gonna have to take our banter from rival fans and come back stronger next year, as I can see how United fans can frame it to say they have had a better season than us...annoying year, despite the clear progress...so weird 😅

Maybe I got too excited when we were 5 clear of a team like City, they do know what it takes to get over the line while we don't right now...suppose that's football, builds your hopes just to usually crush them...it's why it's both the best/worst thing to watch!

Next season will be hard, at least for a title challenge...as dealing with both the Premier League and Champions League is the hardest thing for a team, and we haven't done that in quite a while and Arteta has never dealt with it...so rotation isn't gonna be as easy next season from midweek to weekends.

So stay in the Top Four (which I think we will) give a respectable account of ourselves in the Champions League and win one of the cups (ideally the FA cup as it's the better comp and we can extend our record lead in it too) think that would be a good and very achievable 2023/2024 season...we all want Arsenal to be as good as 2004 again, but we still have steps to take imo.

I'll go to my grave adamant that we never should've left. A part of our beloved club died when we left that grand old stadium.

Sure, the Emirates has allowed more Arsenal fans a chance to see the club they love, but Highbury had a sentience about it & a fear factor to it that verged on palpable!! Clubs knew that coming there, they'd have to play the game of their lives to keep us at bay, let alone triumph.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Chin up guys, it could always be worse:

@Riou

Grade A idiot!!

Before our kids came along, the missus & I used to travel during the season. I'd always manage to find the time to watch a match by being clever in scheduling her massage sessions at the spa to start at approximately the same time. Then head down to the pub, have a few finger foods & be prepared to have my blood pressure skyrocket until she's done :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

De Zerbi ball has all the “big teams” scratching their heads.

He had his team keeping the ball very well when the game was in their favour, so good management in that respect.

But he and his team are lucky they got to that point, because we were all over them in that first half and should have finished them off by half time. They couldnt build up from the back, they couldnt dominate the duels. They could only foul and get away with that thanks to the referee.

We'll be back for them next season, and give them the hidings they deserve, home and away.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tha amount of hilarious goals we conceded at home is so many i bet half of it came from mistakes.

We kept clean sheet away from home more than at home Arteta high risk football at home is costing us easy goals specially after Saliba go down. 9 goals conceded in last 5 home games after Saliba injury we failed to keep one clean sheet. 16 goals conceded last 8 is always bad sign you won't win games like that

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
But it doesn't change anything. Say you keep the draw vs thr big team in Liverpool. And you convert draws against Southampton and West Ham into wins. City are still top on goal difference.

They beat us twice. That's a 6 point sway you cannot afford vs a title rival.

Psychologically if you don't take points off city, you create doubt as to whether you believe you can win the league without them slipping up.

I was Banking on City slipping up vs Everton. That seems to be what the players were banking on after.

There is something to be said with us always playing after City. It's pressure we didn't need to be honest, but the league felt we did to fulfil the bottlers narrative.

That’s why I said handing them 6pts on a silver platter.

They’ve got one of the easiest 6 points from us which is disappointing because we never gave a good account of ourselves in those two matches.

They beat us with the aggregate score of 7-2. Absolutely disgusting.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Tha amount of hilarious goals we conceded at home is so many i bet half of it came from mistakes.

We kept clean sheet away from home more than at home Arteta high risk football at home is costing us easy goals specially after Saliba go down. 9 goals conceded in last 5 home games after Saliba injury we failed to keep one clean sheet. 16 goals conceded last 8 is always bad sign you won't win games like that

If you are Arsenal this is what teams will be doing to stop you, even Man City.

We need quality depth at the back to last us for 60 games. City has that and will continue to have it, Liverpool had it and now VVD has declined and the problems have come back for them.

Rice, Caicedo and a quality right back gives us that stability needed to push teams back and keep them back for an entire game, for an entire season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you are Arsenal this is what teams will be doing to stop you, even Man City.

We need quality depth at the back to last us for 60 games. City has that and will continue to have it, Liverpool had it and now VVD has declined and the problems have come back for them.

Rice, Caicedo and a quality right back gives us that stability needed to push teams back and keep them back for an entire game, for an entire season.
Its just frustrating most goals are avoidable i don't feel opposition teams work hard to score sometimes it has to be fixed next season even after injuries

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Also not sure what rival fans are happy around.

They happy this league becoming like Bundesliga or ligue 1? Since 2017 man city are winning the title 5 times out of 6.

Yeah so beautiful and enjoyable.

These glory hunters don’t give a toss about that as long as Arsenal aren’t winning…they’re happy.

Imagine a Sp*d fan trying to convince himself that their season got much better outlook now that we aren’t winning the title. Focking hell 😂

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Can't believe we let De Zerbi do a ****ing knee-slide at our ground, will be memed again ffs...trying to calm down but so pissed over that awful second half, some of these players are far too erratic performance wise you feel

Only Arsenal (for the second year in a ****ing row) could meet my pre season predications well in advance of the season finishing, but still leave me fuming!

That sh*t had me fuming. You’d think that he’d won the league or something like that.

No wonder the Conte’s henchman wanted to do him.

I’m gonna enjoy seeing him get the sack next season because everyone now knows how they play.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

This is the frustrating thing. There is so much panic in our backline if we aren’t playing the first choice. Transmits from Ramsdale to the defenders. The amount of utterly stupid goals we concede is ridiculous.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We are only pushing because several key teams including city had a weak start/ season.

If all these teams start preforming like they should, then next year we will be lucky to push top 6 if more than half our starting eleven stays the same.

😄 Guess the clown circus is back in town! Where the hell do posters like this one get their weird takes from?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He had his team keeping the ball very well when the game was in their favour, so good management in that respect.

But he and his team are lucky they got to that point, because we were all over them in that first half and should have finished them off by half time. They couldnt build up from the back, they couldnt dominate the duels. They could only foul and get away with that thanks to the referee.

We'll be back for them next season, and give them the hidings they deserve, home and away.

We slapped them silly at their ground, it was 4-1 at one point and we were running rings around them.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He played 29 times for them when they won the league in 11/12
Decent pro. Good prospect when he 'burst onto the scene' but level obviously wasn't anywhere near as high back then 👍
Neville couldn't hide his delight, the little ****.

Must have said "Arsenal were beaten by the better side today" about 1000 times today...but when his boys regularly get smashed by teams it's either "it's not Liverpool being good today, it's United being awful" or passes the blame to the Glazers somehow despite the club spending an absolute fortune.

****ing hate football commentary these days.
100%

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Zinchenko and Saliba touch and pass the ball anywhere between 80-100 times per game at something like 90% efficiency. That's *a lot* of quality passing that we were missing yesterday.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
T
Other than when we beat Leicester twice the year they won, I cannot remember a title winner failing to beat or at least take a point off of the team that finished 2nd. It's very hard to win that way and while we still could have if we had won the games we threw away this season, you really cannot expect to hand City 6 points and beat them. That means you need to be 7 points better than them against everyone else and that is a mountain to climb.
W 15/16 title was a complete bottle job. We beat Leicester and then drew and lost a bunch of games straight after. There was no outstanding team in the league that season. And we had Özil, Sanchez, Santi in the team.

In this instance we needed a bit of good fortune in terms of injuries. I think if we had Saliba fit we'd still be top. By a point or two.

City winning 14 games in a row is just ridiculous. Elite manager, world class players in every position and the best squad in football.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
T

W 15/16 title was a complete bottle job. We beat Leicester and then drew and lost a bunch of games straight after. There was no outstanding team in the league that season. And we had Özil, Sanchez, Santi in the team.

In this instance we needed a bit of good fortune in terms of injuries. I think if we had Saliba fit we'd still be top. By a point or two.

City winning 14 games in a row is just ridiculous. Elite manager, world class players in every position and the best squad in football.
Yeah but the team had no depth in 15/16 and only signed Cech that summer. Realistically the league was lost there. If we had done anything to strengthen in the summer, the club could have won the league. It was a similar instance of exceeding expectations in part because of a really weak showing from the other traditional top 6 clubs and failing to capitalize because we hadn't believed prior to the season that we would be in a position to challenge.

Jack badmon

Pisses me off to see the doom and gloom across the online community you would think we were about to get relegated. I swear there seems to be a lack of perspective across the board when discussing where we are at. We got smoked on Sunday - so what? We smoked Brighton in January.

Look at how we finished last year and look where we are now. There is dissappointment but I am proud of the team - something have not been able to admit in almost 20 years.

There seems to be a pattern for the members to get rivals ears and give them what they want to hear. I want emphasize there is no rival team that can have any chest about speaking about our team apart from city. Influencers and members of the online community if you are reading this speak with your damn chest when discussing the club do not fall into a meek sad pathetic mess we have plenty to look forward to
in the future more so then certain other teams.

We are just as much as part of the team
as the players. Of course it makes a difference our mindset that **** vibrates across the club. We go again and I aint hearing any body talk **** about my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom