• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do we have any world-class players?

Currently, do Arsenal have any world-class players)

• Total voters

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Does being nominated for the Lev Yashin trophy count as being considered World Class? 🤔

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You lot and your ‘what’s the definition of world class’ waaaa waaa waaa.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He does keep making these records and putting his name alongside elite company. Maybe I just find him boring and wrongfully call him borderline.

On the flip side had we faced Lens, PSV and whoever in Europa does he play in a full strength side and get to do this?

Better question is had we actually had a CL group would he be able to do this?

He’s deffo borderline, probably a season away.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Better question is had we actually had a CL group would he be able to do this?

He’s deffo borderline, probably a season away.

I guess we will find out in the next stages like people say.

The trio of Martinelli, Ødegaard and Saka is formidable considering what's out there.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I guess we will find out in the next stages like people say.

The trio of Martinelli, Ødegaard and Saka is formidable considering what's out there.

Ødegaard isn’t passing the eye test for me this season, as much as his stats look good he did things last year which were world-class and I’m yet to really see it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I tried telling you this for quite some time, but you kept talking to me about batteries for some reason.

That was last season. He started this season but like everyone else in attack hasn’t been up to scratch.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Saliba walks into any team in the world right now, definitely world-class. Rice would be there too but that depends on the style of other teams, can be said he is the strongest DMC out there.

Our forwards have talent, and when on fire they are considered to be world-class but far too often they have a bad game so not really there yet

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Saka is the best RW in world after Salah, so yes.

Rice is best DCM after Rodri in the world (yes I would take him over Madrid's talented DCMs).

Saliba was the best performing CB last last season and is the joint best performing CB this season with VVD.

Ødegaard outperformed any ACM in the world last season.

These are our 4 world class players with Martinelli and White having potential to be.

Tom Mix

Too many definitions - many conflicting - of world class, too much negativity about our team and love for others.

By a loose composite definition which takes world class to mean players capable of performing on the world stage, prized by managers and admired (however reluctantly) by fans we have several. Definitely Saliba and Saka. Probably Rice (those who say it's soon are bigging up a Madrid one season wonder). Then Martinelli, Gabriel, Ødegaard and Jesus are candidates.

This is why a small squad almost won the league last season and why we're top of the league ahead of teams with world-class players. Why we went toe to toe with the wealthiest club in the world and ended up 17 points in front of a team you say has the world class players we lack.

It's not luck mateys, it's not a fluke, it's not just the manager (though he largely done well). It's not the fans or the plastic internet trolls. It's the players.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom