• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The šŸ“ž From England

Bucephalus

He's behind Jesus, Havertz and Trossard yet earns 100k a week and wears 14. Need to replace him asap, even though he's a likeable guy who works hard.
Why fuss about the 100k a week? Especially when he's a likable guy, seems to be a good teammate, and works hard?

He was out of contract, could have left for nothing. 25 million over five years is way cheaper than the fee for a comparable backup, never mind that backup's wages. And there's the opportunity to sell him on if things turn out that way.

Eddie got money he could never have dreamed of growing up. Arsenal got a pretty good deal compared with the alternatives, too. Seems to me like the rare football deal that works out well for both sides

fute

Eddie is a solid squad player for us and a Academy kid.

Arteta supports him, backs him, and understands what he brings to the squad. He plays him accordingly.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
I donā€™t get the need to line up in this thread after a 6-0 win whereby he had a brief cameo.

I think people are doing too much.

What does it say that Nketiah has lost out to Trossard as a 9 once again like last season when Trossard kick started our 7 game winning run before he was dropped for Jesus in the run in...

If Nketiah had any shame he'll leave this summer, can't play 9 ahead of Trossard and Havertz when Jesus is out?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

What does it say that Nketiah has lost out to Trossard as a 9 once again like last season when Trossard kick started our 7 game winning run before he was dropped for Jesus in the run in...

If Nketiah had any shame he'll leave this summer, can't play 9 ahead of Trossard and Havertz when Jesus is out?

Trossard is a good player, so I donā€™t really see the point tbf. Anyways, Iā€™m not really against the idea of Nketiah playing his football elsewhere but come on, some of you have no shame. We won 6-0 and he played 15-20 mins šŸ˜‚ so I donā€™t really see a point in running these agendas today.

Similar to Nketiah, ESR is also on 100k as is Nelson and Kai is on whatever he is but youā€™ll hear nothing from me on any of them today as I couldnā€™t care less about all of that.

I think some of you place too much stock on individual players rather than the general performance. I have no attachment to any of them and havenā€™t for a while therefore Iā€™m not fussed as long as weā€™re winning which is the key thing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Eddie is a solid squad player for us and a Academy kid.

Arteta supports him, backs him, and understands what he brings to the squad. He plays him accordingly.
Trossard is solid squad player. Nketiah is not good enough

fute

Trossard is solid squad player. Nketiah is not good enough

Trossard is more than a squad player. He doesn't have the luxury to get settled into one position whether it be midfield, wing, or striker.But his skill set is undeniable.

Nketiah's role is good for what he can do.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Why fuss about the 100k a week? Especially when he's a likable guy, seems to be a good teammate, and works hard?

He was out of contract, could have left for nothing. 25 million over five years is way cheaper than the fee for a comparable backup, never mind that backup's wages. And there's the opportunity to sell him on if things turn out that way.

Eddie got money he could never have dreamed of growing up. Arsenal got a pretty good deal compared with the alternatives, too. Seems to me like the rare football deal that works out well for both sides

I don't want a comparable backup, I want players who improve us. Nketiah has gotten plenty of chances, but he's not top standard unfortunately. His wages on 100k a week might make it very hard to sell him, I doubt there are a lot of teams willing to match those wages. Fulham apparently have Jimenez as their highest earner on similar wages, meanwhile someone like Kudus earns 90k a week.

KarlAFC

Reckon he'll go in the summer if we get a decent offer. He'll prosper better in a different system most likely.

He's not terrible, but nowhere near the quality we need as a real option upfront.

We're getting great goal returns from our other attackers, so this hasn't been as great a concern of late, but yeah, between Jesus' limited minutes and Nketiah's insipid performances, selling him while his stock is still somewhat high and getting another forward in in the summer is the right move. I'm certain it's Toney that ends up being his replacement.

Whickham

A major drop from Trossard/Jesus to Stinketiah. And it's not even his fault. Can't control the ball to save his dear life.
This guy plays like an amateur league two player and has football IQ of 12 years old, sell him this summer.

MikeVinna

Established Member
One of the victims of going out of the cups early. I can imagine thereā€™s a few players in the squad that donā€™t want another year wasting away. For the Hale Enders they probably see a chance to grab some silverware with the club they grew up with so they might have more patience regarding play time.

grange

Losing my brain cells šŸ„ø

Player:Havertz
Getting Make a Wish levels with this guy. Cedric and El Neny are less embarrassing, tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

ArsĆØne Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom