• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Of all the young players from Brazil we bough Marquinhos is such a bad look for our club. This club is so far behind the scenes when it comes talent spotting

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Of all the young players from Brazil we bough Marquinhos is such a bad look for our club. This club is so far behind the scenes when it comes talent spotting
We have signed a few young Brazil flops before tbf.
I guess you take a punt hoping one may come good like Martinelli.
The chances are they wont.
Could be worse though we could've spent 90m on Anthony.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Remember, we could’ve signed him for free but we gave them £3m to establish good relations with the club. Wolves were the other club interested.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Remember, we could’ve signed him for free but we gave them £3m to establish good relations with the club. Wolves were the other club interested.
Honestly am I too harsh on Edu or is he just incompetent. It doesn’t help when he talks he come across not the sharpest. He has been celebrated to take Arsenal to top 4 with huge budget basically

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Rafael Nadal Smile GIF by Tennis TV

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Slamming the club for a £3m punt not developing into a PL quality player is peak A-M tbh.
He was sent back from Norwich. I can show you their forum thread. They said he was absolute pants. Now Nantes don’t want him around. Even for our reserve team he didn’t standout

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He was sent back from Norwich. I can show you their forum thread. They said he was absolute pants. Now Nantes don’t want him around. Even for our reserve team he didn’t standout

So what, he cost £3m ffs :lol: It's literally peanuts for a PL club.

GLITCH

We signed the one technical director who can't identify talents from his own country.
Don't we have scouts for identifying players? Although, Edu probably had a hand in this one from what I read. We signed one of Real Madrid's Latin America scouts, so hopefully he's good at identifying talent from there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So what, he cost £3m ffs :lol: It's literally peanuts for a PL club.
3 million is money. You don’t sign players for the sake of it just cause you have money laying around. He never qualified for even a punt talent level. An acceptable punt is Lokonga which I have no problem with. This was just piss poor. But you defend everything the club does. Like how you argued Timber was signed as LB. A player who never played LB

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
3 million is money. You don’t sign players for the sake of it just cause you have money laying around. He never qualified for even a punt talent level. An acceptable punt is Lokonga which I have no problem with. This was just piss poor. But you defend everything the club does. Like how you argued Timber was signed as LB. A player who never played LB

I didn't argue Timber was signed as a LB ffs :lol: I said we don't know.

Literally just pointing out that slamming the club for a £3m signing not turning out to be anything is absolutely idiotic. It'd be the same for any other club in the league, £3m is literally **** all these days.

It'd be like slamming Wenger for Eisfeld or Toral not working out, like who the **** cares. The club saw something, turns out it didn't manifest the way they thought it would, you move on. Kroenke could just look between the sofa cushions and find another £3m.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
At least when Don Raul was stealing money through the Pepe deal, he secured a BIG BAG.

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Literally just pointing out that slamming the club for a £3m signing not turning out to be anything is absolutely idiotic. It'd be the same for any other club in the league, £3m is literally **** all these days.

It'd be like slamming Wenger for Eisfeld or Toral not working out, like who the **** cares. The club saw something, turns out it didn't manifest the way they thought it would, you move on. Kroenke could just look between the sofa cushions and find another £3m.
The point is when the player is so of the required level it’s a bad look. It’s the same with Runnarson, the fact we signed a player so off talent wise make me question the board. 3 million pound outside of the PL is decent money. Even punts has to be off certain level so you can say I can see why they signed him, but he didn’t reach the level.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The point is when the player is so of the required level it’s a bad look. It’s the same with Runnarson, the fact we signed a player so off talent wise make me question the board. 3 million pound outside of the PL is decent money. Even punts has to be off certain level so you can say I can see why they signed him, but he didn’t reach the level.

Alright, so it was just as embarrassing when you were signing countless young players for peanuts a decade+ ago? Thomas Eisfeld is currently playing in the German 3rd division, was it embarrassing when Wenger and co brought him in back then?

By all means attack the club for spending £65m on Havertz. Attacking them for spending an accounting error on a Brazilian prospect is just dumb, especially when you currently have a Brazilian punt as your starting LW who is probably now worth £75m+, aka 25 Marquinhos deals.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Slamming the club for a £3m punt not developing into a PL quality player is peak A-M tbh.

We have too much of these I feel. It's boring. I am also perplexed as to why of all players to sign from South America..I just don't get it.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

The thing is he could have been had for free. So could Fabio Vieira, if you tapped him up with a big signing on fee. I wonder how much of those fees made their way back to Edu and family. Because if they didn't it's pure incompetency. So incompetent or corrupt. Choose your poison.

Also, sure some signings don't work out. But Brighton seem to do far better with talent ID than everyone else.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom