• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Also, sure some signings don't work out. But Brighton seem to do far better with talent ID than everyone else.

Ironically, because they "gamble" (in Rasmi's world, still peanuts) so much.

Look how many players they signed in 2021 as an example, and how few of them you know:

EoyJxYy.png

It's the same for them every year.

Because of how the market works now, gambling £1m-£4m on punts in huge volume is worth it because all it takes is one of them to be a hit to recoup the cost of signing like 30 or more of those types of deals.

It doesn't matter if you sign 15 players on wages so low they're easily moved on if one of them turns out to be a Caicedo, Mitoma, Cucurella etc. Which is why getting angry at the club for missing on a £3m punt is stupid when the club should be going for more of these types of deals, not less.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Don't we have scouts for identifying players? Although, Edu probably had a hand in this one from what I read. We signed one of Real Madrid's Latin America scouts, so hopefully he's good at identifying talent from there.
No, Edu fired one of the best scouts in the business. Did you see the highlights of that B**ch Fellow Edu discovered? Edu should be thrown in prison for fraud, waste, and abuse.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It doesn't matter if you sign 15 players on wages so low they're easily moved on if one of them turns out to be a Caicedo, Mitoma, Cucurella etc. Which is why getting angry at the club for missing on a £3m punt is stupid when the club should be going for more of these types of deals, not less.
Except we sign 1 or 2 useless players rather than 12 of them to increase our chances of hitting on one. It makes zero sense when Edu buys one or two pets to clean his grill. Even if we did sign 12 gambles, Arteta wouldn't play them anyway so we'd have no idea who would develop into a 20m+ player.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Honestly am I too harsh on Edu or is he just incompetent. It doesn’t help when he talks he come across not the sharpest. He has been celebrated to take Arsenal to top 4 with huge budget basically
Best Sporting director in Europe. He won the Pot👌.
Ur way too harsh imho bro.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The thing is he could have been had for free. So could Fabio Vieira, if you tapped him up with a big signing on fee. I wonder how much of those fees made their way back to Edu and family. Because if they didn't it's pure incompetency. So incompetent or corrupt. Choose your poison.

Also, sure some signings don't work out. But Brighton seem to do far better with talent ID than everyone else.
1) Not sure where your Fabio Vieira info comes from given his contract length

2) Half the clubs in Europe were after Caicedo and the other South Americans at Brighton. Hell, I knew about all of them and I'm just some chump on the internet. They go to Brighton because the pathway and the abiltiy to move on/up are both guaranteed. Agents LOVE that ****

bergholt

Slamming the club for a £3m punt not developing into a PL quality player is peak A-M tbh.

People on here want 100% of everything to work out perfectly, when that’s not actually the way the world works

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
1) Not sure where your Fabio Vieira info comes from given his contract length

2) Half the clubs in Europe were after Caicedo and the other South Americans at Brighton. Hell, I knew about all of them and I'm just some chump on the internet. They go to Brighton because the pathway and the abiltiy to move on/up are both guaranteed. Agents LOVE that ****

1. I saw it reported that Fabio contract expired but re-signed so his club would get a transfer fee

2. That's fine but back in the day Arsenal used to bring in top youth talents all the time. Also it's not like Caicedo went straight into the Brighton team, he was out on loan to start with. Compare him and the rest to our youth players - Tavares, Lakonga, Marquinhos, Fabio,, Kiwior

Having said that maybe Fabio and Lakonga could of been players if they got enough minutes

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
1. I saw it reported that Fabio contract expired but re-signed so his club would get a transfer fee

2. That's fine but back in the day Arsenal used to bring in top youth talents all the time. Also it's not like Caicedo went straight into the Brighton team, he was out on loan to start with. Compare him and the rest to our youth players - Tavares, Lakonga, Marquinhos, Fabio,, Kiwior

Having said that maybe Fabio and Lakonga could of been players if they got enough minutes
No doubt Arsène especially & his scouts had a very good eye for youth. They were trailblazers in bringing overseas youth to the prem.
They also brought in many that didn't make it that get forgotten.

Thing is the market became a lot more competitive & other teams caught on.
They days of having a free run at an Anelka or a Fabregas were long gone.

How many did they manage in Arsenes last 4 or 5 years?

All the clubs are on the lookout for the next gem.

It's hard to predict & it's a massive industry.

BBF

Genuinely can't say anything positive about him really. Let's hope Edu keeps him out the limelight and gets a sale out of it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Interesting that he is being recalled, probably means we are going to use him in some capacity during the second half of the season.

That, or we are preparing for a sale.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not good enough for Nantes or Norwich. They should probably just accept he's rubbish and let him go back to Brazil.

Malky

Established Member
Marquinhos, Tavares, Lonkonga, Viera, Kiwior etc.

Arteta just misses with these young signings doesn’t he? Has he signed and developed any young player here? Miss after miss after miss.

Even ESR has totally stalled.
Someone will be along any minute to say " But Saliba!?!! " Which wasn't his signing and it it wasn't for injuries at the start of last season he'd probably still be sitting on the bench or back out on loan.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not good enough for Nantes or Norwich. They should probably just accept he's rubbish and let him go back to Brazil.

We could've gotten him for free, but Edu decided to do São Paulo a solid.

Hard seeing any brazilian club paying anything of value for him. He's not a Gustavo Scarpa, someone who was really good for a league winning team in Brazil, but who flopped in Europe.

Most we can hope is we loan him back to Brazil, he has a good 6 months for a team here and we sell to the Shaktar/Feners/Trabzospor of the world.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom