• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Marquinhos, Tavares, Lonkonga, Viera, Kiwior etc.

Arteta just misses with these young signings doesn’t he? Has he signed and developed any young player here? Miss after miss after miss.

I have doubts about Arteta's involvement in those mentioned.

If I were to speculate I'd guess Edu has the autonomy to take punts on data/agent led signings below 35 mil and Arteta doesn't bother with them.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If I were to speculate I'd guess Edu has the autonomy to take punts on data/agent led signings below 35 mil and Arteta doesn't bother with them.

There is no chance in Hell that Teta doesnt have the final word. So he is definitely responsible for those signings.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Not having that, club made a big deal of Mick being manager and in total control of first team issues etc, including buys/sales. He lives and dies by these deals.

No player is coming here without Mick agreeing to it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Seeing the minutes and opportunities given or not given to these players, I believe this is happening sometimes.

Edu seems to be slightly above Arteta in the pecking order, but I suspect nobody is allowed to question Arteta about team selections or omissions.

According to The Athletic, it was only Ødegaard's signing that the pair were in absolute agreement on.

That's hardly unsurprising, given both had seen the Norwegian midfielder at close quarters during his loan spell last season.

In the cases of Tavares and Lokonga - two of the lesser known signings - these both came from Edu and his scouting team, who felt they would be solid additions to Arteta's squad.

Source: Arsenal transfers: Arteta, Edu and Garlick - who did what?

BBF

Most uninteresting player in the history of players. Have anyone here even thought about this guy even twice since we signed him?

Yeah, because he now pops up on search engines when I want to search for the other namesake fraud playing for PSG.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Seeing the minutes and opportunities given or not given to these players, I believe this is happening sometimes.

Edu seems to be slightly above Arteta in the pecking order, but I suspect nobody is allowed to question Arteta about team selections or omissions.

Source: Arsenal transfers: Arteta, Edu and Garlick - who did what?

Not sure why this is contentious tbh. We know Edu has a team of data driven scouts. And like 2 people in any relationship, I’m sure the two of them pick their battles, ie they don’t plant their flag on every single hill where they disagree. I imagine sometimes they both just go meh, fine, but you owe me one for next time. In this case it would be Arteta saying “ok” even if he had misgivings.

Of course there’s a good chance that this same energy is how we ended up with Edu saying “ok” to Havertz… so… yeah…

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not sure why this is contentious tbh.

Because people want to nail the responsibility onto Arteta.

He does have a part to play but not in the way they think. Tavares gets a handful of chances, Havertz gets infinite. White gets tried at RB instead of dropped altogether like Tierney etc.

Had Arteta got Havertz and Raya bang on I doubt Edu would have a voice in transfers ever again but I wouldn't be surprised to see some data driven no names now (I'm wildly speculating but I am confident I've clocked the pattern).

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Had Arteta got Havertz and Raya bang on I doubt Edu would have a voice in transfers ever again but I wouldn't be surprised to see some data driven no names now (I'm wildly speculating but I am confident I've clocked the pattern).

yeah and I think likewise if none of the signings that have “worked” came from Edu he wouldn’t be able to keep suggesting transfers. But Martinelli and Megalhaes were him I think?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

yeah and I think likewise if none of the signings that have “worked” came from Edu he wouldn’t be able to keep suggesting transfers. But Martinelli and Megalhaes were him I think?

Our scout Cagicao recommended them when Raul was here.

fute

Whoever is responsible: Edu, Win, or Arteta, an upgrade in talent-evaluation and youth development is needed.

We can't spend like crazy forever. The saving grace will be more hits than misses in player acquisitions, in addition to player and youth development.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Meh, cheap punt that was always a longshot. Scored a lovely goal on his first start but basically despite being strong and having a nice left foot always looked an unlikely lad. Partly Edu taking a punt on someone with a growing reputation, and partly a political play with the player's club. We'll probably get our money back at worst.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Not having that, club made a big deal of Mick being manager and in total control of first team issues etc, including buys/sales. He lives and dies by these deals.

Most of those were Edu signings. Mik agreeing to them are irrelevant. He agreed to do the Kroenkes a favor by getting Trusty into English football.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

You're playing with fire with this post :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No I think you're probably spot on (maybe not on the fee but on the delegation to Edu for certain "lower importance" signings) but about to be thrown in with the "Sexuals"

35 was my number because when Fabio joined and Arteta asked by the press where he would play he had a very strange response.

All of our signings like Tavares, Sambi, Marquinhos etc are all less than 35 and it's unlikely Arteta would have known who they were as they are so obscure.

The guys The Athletic report on Arteta pushing for are players he has seen upclose (White, Jesus, Rice, Havertz etc). I am probably reaching though but just my opinion.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom