• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an Arsenal fan, but dear Lord, you guys are talking about Elneny like he's garbage. Do you guys realize that he does the underrated stuff that doesn't matter in FIFA? He's a manager's dream.

Elneny is not the reason Arsenal is falling apart, it's because you continue to have horrendous CBs like Mertesacker and strikers like Giroud. Your team jumped up in quality simply by signing Cech. Your entire team is a collection of "wait until next year!" and you finally have a midfielder who does all the right things and you're calling him a squaddie?

I think a big part of it is that he's from Egypt, if he was from France or something, he'd be your savior. The fact that he can win your player of the month, two months in a row, and you call him a squaddie, it's just funny.

Anyway, I come in peace, and wish you all the best, just had to get that off my chest.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but dear Lord, you guys are talking about Elneny like he's garbage. Do you guys realize that he does the underrated stuff that doesn't matter in FIFA? He's a manager's dream.

Elneny is not the reason Arsenal is falling apart, it's because you continue to have horrendous CBs like Mertesacker and strikers like Giroud. Your team jumped up in quality simply by signing Cech. Your entire team is a collection of "wait until next year!" and you finally have a midfielder who does all the right things and you're calling him a squaddie?

I think a big part of it is that he's from Egypt, if he was from France or something, he'd be your savior. The fact that he can win your player of the month, two months in a row, and you call him a squaddie, it's just funny.

Anyway, I come in peace, and wish you all the best, just had to get that off my chest.

Well said man, fantastic post.

We all know why some don't rate Elneny and probably won't until they've no choice but to admit he's a quality player. Not that I'm worried plenty of others have been written off before due to their price, nationality and the league they come from. Elneny will just keep performing on the pitch, he's already proved a lot of people wrong in the last couple of months and he's not long in the door.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Might be time for a #Elneny2017 campaign..... though I was also gonna do one for Wilshere, hmmmm.... decisions, decisions.

boyinneedofhumor

I hope the wages Elneny's on are worth it... from Squillaci to Giroud, everyone's gotta bear the cross at some stage on behalf of the One who brought them in but cannot engineer a league title since...

akhil

^^ That's cause Ramsey's forgotten how to be a midfielder. Hell Chambers looked better in MF in the couple of matches he played there than Ramsey has in awhile. People have rated his performances based on the number of flicks he does in a game (lesser flicks and try and run beyind Giroud --> better rating) but he hasn't played well in ages now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well said man, fantastic post.

We all know why some don't rate Elneny and probably won't until they've no choice but to admit he's a quality player. Not that I'm worried plenty of others have been written off before due to their price, nationality and the league they come from. Elneny will just keep performing on the pitch, he's already proved a lot of people wrong in the last couple of months and he's not long in the door.

Is it because he's aggressively mediocre?

Reactions: BBF

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's good but it seems he feels a lot more comfortable paired with Coquelin instead of Ramsey.

Yeah I thought that was well , it's not easy for anyone playing with Ramsey in a midfield two . Ramsey passes sideways and back a lot .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You say you come in peace , but then you say Arsenal fans on this board don't rate him because he's Egyptian. I find that insulting and quite offensive.

So you've failed quite spectacularly on the 'coming in peace' part, as far as I'm concerned.

Giroud

Established Member
He's limited. Comfortable in possession but lacking in attacking and defensive attributes. It's these limited players that are holding us back from winning titles.

Our midfield has been a mess for years. No goals, defensively weak and limited technically. Move Özil wide and play Coquelin in there with Ramsey/Wilshere and Cazorla either side. More goals, stronger defensively and better technically than the current midfield. Sanchez on the left as another goalscoring outlet, and a new CF who is strong in the air so Özil can pick him out from the right but also good on the ball.

Elneny is too weak defensively to play Coquelin's role in that set up and not good enough going forward to offer that technical quality and goal threat which is required further forward.

Reactions: BBF

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
He's limited. Comfortable in possession but lacking in attacking and defensive attributes. It's these limited players that are holding us back from winning titles.

Our midfield has been a mess for years. No goals, defensively weak and limited technically. Move Özil wide and play Coquelin in there with Ramsey/Wilshere and Cazorla either side. More goals, stronger defensively and better technically than the current midfield. Sanchez on the left as another goalscoring outlet, and a new CF who is strong in the air so Özil can pick him out from the right but also good on the ball.

Elneny is too weak defensively to play Coquelin's role in that set up and not good enough going forward to offer that technical quality and goal threat which is required further forward.

We attempted this system in 2014 and it never really worked, also with Özil and Sanchez outwide our play will be too narrow as neither like to take he fullback on but instead come inside.

Özil is probably the best number 10 in th world currently and thus should stay there with Wilshere/Elneny & Coquelin in behind. I think that would be our bes setup.

BBF

Do you even watch Arsenal games or read any posts here? Clearly not.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he doesn't improve then Wenger has gone and signed yet another average player. Another player who needs a partner to do the job of one quality midfielder.

The problem is I haven't even seen glimpses of attacking or defensive quality yet.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I agree that this board is watching something different than I must be when it comes to Elneny. I like what I saw from him when he was inserted into the team before Wenger could coach him "up". He played with excitement and always moved forward. It only took a few weeks for Wenger to eliminate a lot of that. He's not shooting and he's passing backward already. It's a shame. This system does not fit a lot of our players. Wenger should adjust the system to the players and not the other way around. It has made for boring/painful football this season. I think Elneny is pretty decent and I feel that a lot of criticism for him is meant to be aimed at Wenger instead.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If he doesn't improve then Wenger has gone and signed yet another average player. Another player who needs a partner to do the job of one quality midfielder.

The problem is I haven't even seen glimpses of attacking or defensive quality yet.

He did score a goal against Barca . That was a quality goal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom