• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the thing. Man City know how to close out a title race either as leaders or chasers, we don't. It's why they should be favourites for the title.

I don't think we'll collapse or anything but we're going to have to play significantly better than we have in recent weeks if we're going to win the PL. It's imperative we cut out the silly goals we've started to concede. They'll cost us sooner or later.

I don't remember them going into a run in being behind by 5 points, in 2019 I'm pretty sure they took the lead when Liverpool dropped points vs Everton around March, and 2022 they were leading and actually let Liverpool back into it. We've never actually seen them chasing a team a head of them, especially not by that margin. I do think we'll have to show some serious consistency and as you say stop conceding silly goals but I'm still not convinced City are going to be as perfect as some say. If we win our next 3 for example they may become demoralised if their hard work is paid off while also juggling CL and FA Cup which is more in their own hands.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Mikel just needs to get into the heads of the players to focus on ourselves. Do the basics well. We need to defend much better collectively. Been shipping too many goals in recent games.

Focus should on getting a few clean sheets in the next few games. We have more than enough quality to score goals even without Jesus, Nketiah and Trossard.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

2.42 points per game in the last 11 matches would give City around 26-27 points or 87-88 points in total.
This season is the lowest points total they've had after 27 games since they lost the league to Liverpool. Their average points total for this season so far is just under 2.26. This gives me hope.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This season is the lowest points total they've had after 27 games since they lost the league to Liverpool. Their average points total for this season so far is just under 2.26. This gives me hope.
Would also like to know the corresponding fixtures in those seasons. I don't think they played all their big away games before Gameweek 27 like they've done this season.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Would also like to know the corresponding fixtures in those seasons. I don't think they played all their big away games before Gameweek 27 like they've done this season.
Too much brainwork for me to look at that. In my mind they're not the juggernaut they have been in previous seasons. We do need them to have a deep run in the Champions League though. I'm still thinking they'll win the league.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

jimmybutler-easywin.gif

Naa I'm capping, I'm actually a little nervous, I think it could be a tricky game but we've proven that we can come away with that W in hard circumstances.

I see a win today but it'll be tight, COYG.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom