• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 3 Brighton And Hove Albion | Sunday 14th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenalblog.jpg

Brighton conceded 5 at home to Dyche's Everton. They're still a dangerous team. But I think we should be fairly comfortable. They're not a physical side like Newcastle. They play football the 'right way' which should suit us.

Our record has not been greet against them since they gained promotion back in 2017. They've always made life difficult for us. Even the game we won was always a struggle. Think this season was the first time we beat them emphatically. No reason not to beat them at home especially as they'll be low on confidence. We beat them, we put them at risk of losing European football and they play out of their skin to get a result against City.

Think the lineup picks itself tbh except maybe Jorginho eps his place.

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Brighton

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They going to want to create those artificial transitions as the media calls it. So its important that we block their build up lanes well with our pressing and closing down upfront. I also see them playing someone like Danny upfront, to give them that long option, with their runners attacking the second balls.

They will be looking to counter attack a lot, so like at their stadium, we can hurt their game plan by forcing them to push up and commit numbers, instead of waiting for us to commit our numbers. It would obviously need us to take the lead for that.

I'd start Tierney here now that Zinny is out, sacrificing the control we want with our midfield four (Zinchenko-Jorginho-Xhaka-Ødegaard). I think a three of Jorginho-Xhaka-Ødegaard with Jesus joining in is strong enough, with Tierney on defensive duty, as well as providing width upfront.

ksarp

I would like to see a front 3 of GMart The Tross and TOJ . Saka needs to sit so he can reflect on the bench. I hear it does wonders.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
De Zerbi going on about seeing the "true" Brighton after getting pumped by Everton at home. Sure they've been impressive given the context, but they're nowhere near title contenders. This iteration of Arsenal arguably is. Regardless of the result of City-Everton, I expect a professional performance that will put these guys in their place similar to the reverse fixture.
How the hell are we "arguably" title contenders when we've been top of the league for more than 200 days and can still win it with 3 matches left? 😂

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Artera not yet confirming Zinchenko out of the season.

He ruled out Saliba for Brighton and Nottingham so pretty much out of the season

Tomb Bombadil

Imagine the atmosphere if City drop points before this game kicks off. I expect a good win regardless, 3-1 or 4-2 again.
I really hope they are going to change a bit more than the obvious Laporte, Foden, Phillips, Alvarez, Mahrez, Lewis. Because they still gonna win with this lot otherwise. A win for City and it's over. A draw will get a little hope back. A lose - why not dream?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Hi guys,

Sorry if I am off topic but I am really freaked out.

I am from Romania and will travel just to see Arsenal-Brighton and bought a ticket from 3rd party like 1 month ago for 500£.

Today I received the ticket and I am now stressed out, my ticket is a Junior type ticket, I am currently 29 years old.

What can I do in this situation? How it's the security checks at Emirates? Is there any way to pay an upgrade via an official method?

Please advise.

Also Arsenal - Brighton 3-1 !

The turnstiles are literally just a tap on a digital sensor, so I can't see it being a problem for getting in the gate itself. They don't check the tickets themselves. The only put people with bags in a separate queue, and pat down men for weapons and scan women with detectors. No other security otherwise.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If City draw at least 1 of their next 2 games, then this is truly back on...if City are going against Brighton and Brentford away needing AT LEAST 4 points to win it, then we are back in a with very good punchers chance.

Feel we will win our last 3 games now, but if we can kick off this match knowing City have dropped points then that would be perfect!

andeoch1

If City draw at least 1 of their next 2 games, then this is truly back on...if City are going against Brighton and Brentford away needing AT LEAST 4 points to win it, then we are back in a with very good punchers chance.

Feel we will win our last 3 games now, but if we can kick off this match knowing City have dropped points then that would be perfect!
BUT, City probably are not dropping points , so it’s time to be realistic. We F***ed up with WH and Southampton

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Seriously tho I think Arteta needs to be more willing to do with Pep does now that we've got an option like Trossard who's been in such good form, even to a lesser extent Nelson and be brave to give them game time he finally switched it up vs Chelsea but we don't need to play the exact same front three every game. I know he likes familiarity but surely having an option like Trossard means we can now afford to bring him in seamlessly. That said I don't think there's much wrong with our front three in the goals department but I'd also like to see Trossard rewarded a bit more.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I actually think Trossard is the better option for LW than Martinelli for *this* game. I would have KT play a traditional LB style and have Trossard be more of a connector, would give a nice balance imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom