• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Missing this one as I’ll be in Durham this weekend. Also missing the United game (again) as I’ll be in the Isle of fooking Wight. I hate the wife making arrangements before the fixture list is released and/or Sky start pissing around with them…

View attachment 17408

Enjoy mate, great city! You may even be able to get a beer for under a fiver there as well…

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Probably the same line up as City in the Riou Charity Shield.

Could do with going with Havertz at left 8 since this is Forest and not City, but I guess Arteta will want to be a bit more pragmatic for the first fixture.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm backing an unchanged 11 & bench from the Community Shield, why would he change the 11 when we just beat Manchester City haha.

G0D

Almighty
Would like to see Rice at 6, Havertz at 8 and Trossard at 9 and just completely outplay them.

No idea what Arteta will do though…

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lets have a look at our best XI right now.

Martinelli--------Trossard--------Saka
------------------Ødegaard
---------------Rice--------TP5
Zinchenko--Gabriel---Saliba----White
-------------------Ramsdale

Nketiah, Havertz, Smith Rowe, Vieira, Timber, Tomiyasu, Hein.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d imagine it will be same again, you don’t piss about on the opening day, all about getting the win.

Thought Havertz did enough at 9 to play there on merit.

What I want to see is a clean sheet though, last season we conceded far far too many at home.

MacGyver

Trossard needs to be rewarded with the start - only way to generate internal competition is to reward good form

Who for though. In place of Rice/Partey is a big call, but if Havertz is a LCM then home to Forest has to be a game he is down to play there - if all fit.

Dropping Havertz is news and noise we could do without

Martinelli wasn't great and I doubt Forest are going to leave much space behind.

Trossard for Martinelli for me - stick with the rest.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Same team as the Community Shield.

Unless Rice is still feeling a bit of a knock, then bring Trossard in up front and drop Havertz into midfield.

4-1 to The Arsenal!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They've had a really poor pre-season, go in for the kill with:

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel Timber
Ødegaard Rice Havertz
Saka Trossard Martinelli
Should be sticking 4 or 5 past them with that lot and send a message out to the rest of the league.​

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

New season, but same old @Oxeki threads including videos of defeats that no one want to see 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom