• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

rockofcashel

Start the same 11 as against City

I absolutely love Trossard.. but I think he makes a better impact off the bench.. he brings an energy back to the team when he comes on

I am backing Havertz to score a couple in this one

ThePortugueseGunner

Can't wait for the PL to start!

Perfect fixture to start off with a nice win at home, setting the tone for another nice season. We already started off with a trophy, let's do this like last year - one game at a time with realistic expectations. This is a must-win.

I know it's too early for this, but it's something I always like to take into consideration. Chelsea and Liverpool face each other, which means that a win will put us ahead of at least one of them. Sp**s also don't have an easy fixture.

Ramsdale
White, Saliba, Magalhães, Timber
Rice, Partey
Saka, Ødegaard, Martinelli
Havertz

Let's go!

Thrice

Start the same 11 as against City

I absolutely love Trossard.. but I think he makes a better impact off the bench.. he brings an energy back to the team when he comes on

I am backing Havertz to score a couple in this one
I agree. One could argue that Trossard in form is too good for the bench, but he's been a real impact player whenever he's been subbed on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We know our best XI right now.

Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White, TP5, Rice, Ødegaard, Martinelli, Trossard, Saka.

But this XI gets the job done too.

Raya, Timber, Gabriel, Saliba, White, TP5, Havertz, Ødegaard, Martinelli, Trossard, Saka.

Badger_Revenge

I'd be happy with a simple 2-0 start to the season. NF are not going to lay over, but I don't see them having the fire power to score against a healthy Arsenal back line, and I think the Arsenal pressure will tell in the end, as it did last season.

I like the idea of starting our home season with a clean sheet.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do not think we need both Rice and Partey together for Forest. Either Rice or Partey into the DM, Havertz into the LCM and start Trossard CF for me.

Yeah you’re right, this works as well, and it will also look to reassure many doubts around Havertz and his ability to contribute.

What’s great about our team is that Trossard and Havertz do not occupy fixed roles in this system. Their ability to drift into different zones turn them into different players as they move. The only difference would be Zinchenko not coming in as we’d need the space behind Martinelli covered more. So Timber to start at the back instead.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Feel Rice will only be on the bench for this (him playing injured is starting to pick up some steam online)

Ramsdale
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Timber
Partey
Ødegaard-Havettz
Saka-Trossard-Martinelli
... considering we are without Jesus and (probably) Zinchenko, still have to buy Raya and will have the likes of Declan and Smith Rowe on the bench.

We have a proper squad this season!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

After we played Forest at the start of the 95/96 season, it was our fourth game in and Dennis had yet to score for us... Stuart Pearce said he can't believe we wasted our money on Bergkamp, with Stan Collymore being a much better player than him.

Everytime I get something wrong on AM (or in life in general) I always think of that quote from Pearce, and remember that there is always someone saying/doing something dumber out there and feel better quite quickly...cheers Stuart 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom