• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest | Saturday 12th August | KO: 13:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_2059.jpeg

0_Arsenal-Forest.jpg

Football is back, baby!!!

Screenshot-20230807-160032.png

Screenshot-20230807-160136.png

Screenshot-20230807-160151.png

Likely starting XI

9173f2bb-25bf-4b39-9b5f-4fb4b4b69072.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Nottingham Forest

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Do we think Trossard has earned a place in the starting lineup following the Community Shield?

Certainly I think we don't need to duo of Partey and Rice against lowly Forest. Havertz at 8 and Trossard at 9 would give us sick attacking output.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Despite us beating City & winning the Community Shield, the last thing we can do is just relax & expect an easy laid back game. It would look rather silly on us if we beat City but can't manage to beat NF as much as I like Nottingam Forest. Team wise, I hink considering we beat City a few days back, I'd pretty much go the same team as we did in the Community Shield. Maybe just start Trosaard over Havertz, that way we can bring Havertz on anywhere & anytime.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli isn't 100% fit and imo the reason he started vs City in the CS was to combat Walker's pace and drive him back. Leo is fit and raring to go and this game likely suits him more. That's the only change I would make from the CS side but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mikel go unchanged.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Got to stream Arsenal on Saturday so i will be with you my fellow gooners at 430 am sharp. Can’t wait i hate the two and half months of offseason as the only American sport i like Basketball is also in offseason

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Ahhh, a return to this lovely time of year. Where my anger issues have anger issues and my stress is stressful.

Love football, I do.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really excited for tomorrow 2nd season in row we enter season prepared hopefully they players don't disappoint us

Sparrahork

Trossard needs to be rewarded with the start - only way to generate internal competition is to reward good form

Who for though. In place of Rice/Partey is a big call, but if Havertz is a LCM then home to Forest has to be a game he is down to play there - if all fit.

Dropping Havertz is news and noise we could do without

Martinelli wasn't great and I doubt Forest are going to leave much space behind.

Trossard for Martinelli for me - stick with the rest.
I agree on trossard for martinelli, he must start for reasons given.

I too agree that havertz should start this one, news and noise point is bang on.

I don't however think he should be starting as an 8, as yet anyway.

I think if jesus was to get injured now is as good a time as any. Get havertz time as a striker, a role he knows but is slightly deeper than he played at Chelsea so better equipped to play it.

Let him learn the number 8 role in training and late on in games where subs allow him to get used to that role.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The important thing is that we cook.

Ramsdale - White - Saliba - Gabriel - Timber - Thomas - Rice - Martin - Saka - Martinellu - Trossard, for me Clifton.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A bit nervous for tomorrow, the whole world will be watching us again.

Lets put on a good show for everyone.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A lot of complaints about the new ticket ballot system - many Silver members who had been fairly consistent with getting their tickets are now at the mercy of lady luck. Some people 0 for 4 in the ballot so far.

ballot.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
more about G.Jesus:

It’s a bit early still. He’s doing really well since his operation. Hopefully he can start to do some stuff next week.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom