• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester United | Sunday 3rd September | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-Manchester-United.jpg

Screenshot-20230828-083955.png
[/URL]
lineup.png

Arsenal 1-0 Man utd

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabregasm

For once I'm glad they came from behind to beat Forest. This will create the delusional ground that they are doing great where in actual fact their game play is in total mess. Truly expect us to turn up like most of last season big games and whip them 3-0 at least

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Dropping points to this lot would be absolutely pathetic and unacceptable. No reason not to smash them with any lineup. The concern is that the only way they can score goals is through exactly the kind of mistakes we're making a habit of.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we continue with these tactical shenanigans of playing useless Partey at RB and not putying Gabriel back in the team, then we will lose to Utd.

If we pick the following team, then we will beat the easily.

GK: Ramsdale
RB: White
CB: Saliba
CB: Gabriel
LB: Zinchenko
Cm: Rice
Cm: Vieira
ACM Ødegaard
Rw: Saka
LW: Martinelli
CF : Jesus

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
No matter what our attack does, if we play TP at RB & leave Gabi M on the bench again, we're asking for trouble.

If he continues down this tactical wormhole we're gonna get f*cked by the better sides. We only just scraped a draw against 10 man Fulham.

I wonder how far he'll be allowed to go down the wormhole, clusterf*cking our season before Josh thinks something is wrong ?

Batman

No matter what our attack does, if we play TP at RB & leave Gabi M on the bench again, we're asking for trouble.

If he continues down this tactical wormhole we're gonna get f*cked by the better sides. We only just scraped a draw against 10 man Fulham.

I wonder how far he'll be allowed to go down the wormhole, clusterf*cking our season before Josh thinks something is wrong ?
Thankfully Josh and Stan are not kneejerk individuals. That's why every other major club they own has won something in the last 2 years because they're patient enough to understand that little bumps in the road don't mean you burn the whole thing down. Had they not been patient with all 3 coaches of their NHL, NBA and NFL teams as well as the core of those teams, they would not have won anything. Instead they've stayed the course through the little hiccups and had probably the best 2 years of any owners in sports.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Thankfully Josh and Stan are not kneejerk individuals. That's why every other major club they own has won something in the last 2 years because they're patient enough to understand that little bumps in the road don't mean you burn the whole thing down. Had they not been patient with all 3 coaches of their NFL, NBA and NFL teams as well as the core of those teams, they would not have won anything. Instead they've stayed the course through the little hiccups and had probably the best 2 years of any owners sports.
Well I guess the proof will be in the pudding, as they say. I just hope you're right, Bruce.

I'm not convinced. He's so rigid in his selections & tactical judgements, he will persist with things even if they are to the detriment of the side. I think he is blinded by his own ego a bit.

ESR for instance. Had a really good u'21 tournament & was in the groove. Havertz is not doing the business. Will ESR get a chance ? Not on your nelly.

Batman

Well I guess the proof will be in the pudding, as they say. I just hope you're right, Bruce.

I'm not convinced. He's so rigid in his selections & tactical judgements, he will persist with things even if they are to the detriment of the side. I think he is blinded by his own ego a bit.

ESR for instance. Had a really good u'21 tournament & was in the groove. Havertz is not doing the business. Will ESR get a chance ? Not on your nelly.
The system requires that you can press with intensity in that position. Havertz can do that even when everything else is going poorly. Vieira can do that. Even Trossard can do that. ESR doesn't have the engine to do what needs to be done defensively there and he often does very little in our general play. He's not a good fit for this system which I think is his problem. My issue with Arteta there is that he should have sold him while he still has some value if he's not going to use him.

In terms of his rigidity, I agree on certain things like never taking Saka off or not giving certain players game time but 3 matches into the season when the only wounds have been self inflicted by the players, I think he deserves a bit more time to settle into what he wants to do this season. The issue is our finishing and our concentration defensively. We're actually controlling the game very well. We just need to get back to being clinical and focused defensively which is what got us to the top of the table for most of last season. I think that can be done but it's on the players. He can't finish sitters or defend corners for them.

I also expect him to set up differently against United and other teams that have more to hurt us vs the way he has set up against these 3 teams that don't have as much threat. I think we'll see the system we saw against City but with Jesus, Trossard or Nketiah up front instead of Havertz and Rice in the Xhaka role, particularly if Zinchenko is ready to start.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I believe we are going to see a narrative changing response beat down. I'm going 3-1 Arsenal.

I could see us conceding a ****ty Bruno goal or something, and feeling like we should score more. Our teams better than theirs, and if we play the right line-up it should be ****ing obvious.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Ramsdale
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Rice
Ødegaard - Havertz
Saka - Nketiah - Martinelli

Is what I want to see.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Thankfully Josh and Stan are not kneejerk individuals. That's why every other major club they own has won something in the last 2 years because they're patient enough to understand that little bumps in the road don't mean you burn the whole thing down. Had they not been patient with all 3 coaches of their NHL, NBA and NFL teams as well as the core of those teams, they would not have won anything. Instead they've stayed the course through the little hiccups and had probably the best 2 years of any owners in sports.

Some absolutely absurd propaganda. Stan Kroenke (Josh have zero power) dont care about titles. For him they are just a bonus. This has been known for years. If Kroenke cared about titles he would have sacked Arteta a loooong time ago. Stop acting like Stan Kroenke is something he never has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom