• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
No I do not choose to not see where the ball touches his hand. I know exactly what you are referring to there.

If that ball brushing Kai's hand is a handball, then the ball brushing Cash's hand before and after that moment is a handball as well. All of those handballs by both players being in a natural arm position situation.

Its interesting that for Kai its a handball but for Cash facing him... it not. One cant be deliberate and the other not. And please dont tell me about the rules being harsh on the attacker, you cant make such a calculated decision so quickly from so far away.

The fact of the matter here is that the referee guessed, and it was the wrong decision taken.
We’ve already had this conversation.

I completely agree with you. It SHOULDN’T be the case that Havertz and Cash can touch the ball with their hands on the same way, and one be and handball and the other not.

But it is. It’s a very stupid rule, but that is the rule.

I also agree that there’s no way the ref could see that. He’s guessed. And we got lucky that there was an incredibly minor infringement that backed up his guess.

But your original point was that it didn’t hit Havertz’ hand. You’ve seemingly moved the goalposts now and are saying that it did hit his hand. So I think we’re in agreement

Gooner505

Man, this game really stings even more than the Newcastle game. We were clearly so much better than Villa, and it’s an absolute shame that we couldn’t get one point out of that game. Maybe it’s the football gods readjusting our luck after the Rice goal at Luton. We need to come in and smash Brighton next week.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arsenal have raised our expectations to the point we were all absolutely certain we would equalise. It was a nasty shock we didn’t.

Missed some decent chances and wasted a good number of decent positions where for a period we were regularly cutting though their offside trap like a knife through butter. Forget VAR/Ref for this one.

Was very surprised Villa backed off after their early goal but in hindsight it was the right tactic.
Why was it the right tactic when we continued to batter them?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We’ve already had this conversation.

I completely agree with you. It SHOULDN’T be the case that Havertz and Cash can touch the ball with their hands on the same way, and one be and handball and the other not.

But it is. It’s a very stupid rule, but that is the rule.

I also agree that there’s no way the ref could see that. He’s guessed. And we got lucky that there was an incredibly minor infringement that backed up his guess.

But your original point was that it didn’t hit Havertz’ hand. You’ve seemingly moved the goalposts now and are saying that it did hit his hand. So I think we’re in agreement

Look, I dont really have an issue with the goal being disallowed, its not even the worst decision in the box in the game. The issue I have is that the referees continue to get away with rubbish like this. Using their objective opinion to make important decisions in games.

That is unacceptable.

Do you know what is going to happen to try and improve on such confusion and try and clear away muddiness? Absolutely nothing, and that is the problem here.

That "stupid rule" is going to continue to stand... and do you know what's worse... it wont be applied correctly either, it will remain subjective to the referee's opinion on the field.

All I can say is, lets hope you do not suffer a similar situation in a key moment this season. And I mean that genuinely, as I have a soft spot for Villa and Unai Emery.

jake

And you know what was the worst decision in this game by this referee, it wasnt even the two box decisions IMO.

It was the yellow card given to the Villa player for elbowing Nketiah. No VAR review and he didnt even see it. Guess the ref saw another upper arm use with his third eye. :lol:

You same as newcastle the deliberate elbow forearm to face more or less unpunished. He didn’t use a stick or other weapon so nothing to see here move along……

HighburyHigh

Man, this game really stings even more than the Newcastle game. We were clearly so much better than Villa, and it’s an absolute shame that we couldn’t get one point out of that game. Maybe it’s the football gods readjusting our luck after the Rice goal at Luton. We need to come in and smash Brighton next week.
Afraid we won't be smashing teams until we sign a striker who can score goals. That simple really.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Look, I dont really have an issue with the goal being disallowed, its not even the worst decision in the box in the game. The issue I have is that the referees continue to get away with rubbish like this. Using their objective opinion to make important decisions in games.

That is unacceptable.

Do you know what is going to happen to try and improve on such confusion and try and clear away muddiness? Absolutely nothing, and that is the problem here.

That "stupid rule" is going to continue to stand... and do you know what's worse... it wont be applied correctly either, it will remain subjective to the referee's opinion on the field.

All I can say is, lets hope you do not suffer a similar situation in a key moment this season. And I mean that genuinely, as I have a soft spot for Villa and Unai Emery.
That’s great. Like I said we are in total agreement now that you’ve agreed that the ball did touch Havertz’ hand

SA Gunner

That’s great. Like I said we are in total agreement now that you’ve agreed that the ball did touch Havertz’ hand

No, I am not agreeing to that at all. As far as Im concerned that was NOT a handball by Havertz.

What I do see is where the VAR (not the referee) could have applied their logic to disallow the goal. Giving their decision credibility. They got their gap to cover the onfield referee on this.

I think I'll leave it there on this topic.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
No, I am not agreeing to that at all. As far as Im concerned that was NOT a handball by Havertz.

What I do see is where the VAR (not the referee) could have applied their logic to disallow the goal. Giving their decision credibility. They got their gap to cover the onfield referee on this.

I think I'll leave it there on this topic.
Ok so you’ve changed your mind again to it didn’t hit his hand?

Make your mind up 😂

SA Gunner

Ok so you’ve changed your mind again to it didn’t hit his hand?

Make your mind up 😂

I didnt change anything mate.

The only difference is that I see what you mean now about the handball, and where the referees have made their point.

To me that's no handball, but who cares what I think. Just call me salty ;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The problem with the handball is that because the referee gave it as the initial call then they probably couldn't overrule his decision because so much happens in second or so. The thing is tho, who made the call? Because there's no way the ref could see it, maybe the linesman had a better angle and thought he saw Havertz handle it. In real time when it hits Havertz on the chest it does look like it hits his arm so I can see why the officials might think that in real time, obviously the replay shows it hits his chest then Cash handles it followed by Havertz again, both hands in similar position. There's too much there to overrule.

The question here is should the officials be encouraged to not make a call like that if there's a bit of doubt in there mind and leave it to VAR? Do we know if it was the linesman or the ref who made the call?

Also I did read accidental handball will be ruled out if the player who does it scores, so even if it wasn't deliberate maybe it was the correct decision? It's a bit of a clusterfuck tho, but this incident and the rules in general seem like there's very little consistency.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Minus the dreadful officiating.inthought Villa started brilliantly, looking every bit a team beaming with confidence.

After 20 minutes we started getting back in the match, we controlled majority of possession for the rest of match and created chances.

I thought Rice was probably our best player again. Havertz also played well.

Martinelli had moments of good play and looked good but also has moments of sloppiness where he should have done better also.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why was it the right tactic when we continued to batter them?

Yes it looked like a mistaken strategy at the time. In hindsight they are the ones with 3pts. I assume the thinking was if they continued an all out attacking strategy as vs Man City they would leave themselves too exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom