• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
It's funny how the artetasexuals are damage controlling this one, blaming refs, stating coneboys touchline coaching is required, the weather.
Let's face it, coneboys is a glorified chequebook "manager". He's need four years, a "culture change", "process" and 650mil only getting arsenal near the top and bottling it.
Emery, a real manager, has done this with a far worse villa team in one year, yes ONE year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would have been a little harsh on Havertz, but we should have started Jorginho here.

Jorginho has the passing range to have really punished their high line, while Rice running power while having more freedom would have helped us too...could have used a fit (and inform) Kai from the bench if we needed him, he would have been fresh and against tired legs too.

The Brighton game can't get here quick enough, hopefully seeing United and Newcastle going out of the Champions yon Tuesday and Wednesday will cheer us all up a bit too!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still frustrated about missed opportunities yesterday really should've taken advantage not many teams dominated villa at home like we did yesterday. Emery was inviting us until he realised he need to close things down with his subs.

Our final decisions this season been frustrating i lost the count the amount of times we get into villa box just to mess up final ball Arteta was very good with approach he'd be rightly frustrated to not score 2 at least. These games you need to take chances unlike luton where you just gonna get unlimited chances

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Disappointing result but was always going to be a hard match. Was on a night out so only saw bits and pieces of the game but looked like we played alright but didn't make the most of it. Can't believe Ødegaard never buried that chance.

Need to get a comfortable win against Brighton now and take a bit of momentum into the Anfield game.

MikeVinna

Established Member
On paper you could say Newcastle and Villa away are matches you can drop points. In reality I really feel we should be unbeaten at this point. And if it wasn’t for a combination of ref corruption/incompetence and us not burying our chances we would be unbeaten. Only lost 2 games and Liverpool are top and that’s worrying because they can still improve in a lot of ways. City also always seem to have a comeback in them. Villa I think will drop off but they’re in this until they’re not.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It's funny how the artetasexuals are damage controlling this one, blaming refs, stating coneboys touchline coaching is required, the weather.
Let's face it, coneboys is a glorified chequebook "manager". He's need four years, a "culture change", "process" and 650mil only getting arsenal near the top and bottling it.
Emery, a real manager, has done this with a far worse villa team in one year, yes ONE year.
Why didn't Emery do it with us then, genius?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sadly I missed this game. Watching the highlights back right now.

Letting Emi go was fooking stupid. Jesus getting kicked is a pen. We had so many chances it’s ridiculous how we find it so hard to score. The Havertz goal, was it reviewed?
What the highlights didn’t show you was he was very dodgy with the ball at this feet a couple times. He just wouldn’t have been what arteta is looking for, whether it Is right or wrong

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Villa scored a very good goal and then didn't do much else after that. I think we missed chance and I think we were taught a lesson by PGMOL by their decisions.

However, all that aside. I think there is something missing in this team and it is probably one of the last ingredients we need in order to win a league title, which may be why we don't win it this year unless we truly address it.

Being able to take the crowd out of the situation is a skill we simply haven't mastered. Hostile environments sway the referee and they cheer for everything. Every goal kick, every scuffed shot etc.

The sloppiness in our game simply fed into the narrative. The sloppy finishing was evident but passing the ball out of play repeatedly gets the crowd up and builds the frustration in the group. Unnecessary altercations, players lying on the ground killing our own flow. We don't help ourselves.

I'd also like our players to be a bit tougher. Saka, Martinelli. Yes they get kicked, but if they get the foul and they see its not yellow, stop rolling around and get up and play. Otherwise again, crowds booing you, on your back, you misplace a pass, they cheer and it effects their mentality.

HighburyHigh

Don’t want to be negative as yesterday was our own doing.
But…..
We 100% need a clinical proven goal scorer. Jesus is a very good link up player, but not a consistent goal scorer. We won’t win knife edge games without a trusty clinical striker.

The goal keeping position is a joke that has been caused by Arteta.

We seem to lack sharpness and are far too sloppy. We got lucky against Luton and that luck run out at Villa. If we don’t up our game and sort out our mistakes and general sloppiness we could end up some points behind Liverpool and City come January.

Brighton is a potential banana skin at home and Liverpool away is a guaranteed defeat imo (as it is for most teams that go there)

We need to switch on and start improving up front with the chances we get and hope we can stay in touch when you would hope we sign a competent striker in the January window.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think Villa scored a very good goal and then didn't do much else after that. I think we missed chance and I think we were taught a lesson by PGMOL by their decisions.

However, all that aside. I think there is something missing in this team and it is probably one of the last ingredients we need in order to win a league title, which may be why we don't win it this year unless we truly address it.

Being able to take the crowd out of the situation is a skill we simply haven't mastered. Hostile environments sway the referee and they cheer for everything. Every goal kick, every scuffed shot etc.

The sloppiness in our game simply fed into the narrative. The sloppy finishing was evident but passing the ball out of play repeatedly gets the crowd up and builds the frustration in the group. Unnecessary altercations, players lying on the ground killing our own flow. We don't help ourselves.

I'd also like our players to be a bit tougher. Saka, Martinelli. Yes they get kicked, but if they get the foul and they see its not yellow, stop rolling around and get up and play. Otherwise again, crowds booing you, on your back, you misplace a pass, they cheer and it effects their mentality.

Yeah it seems like there is always something missing, is it a striker? I'm not even sure.

My main worry is that I don't know if we have the time to fvck around, you need to get a title over the line eventually. I think it will be hard to keep hold of our best players if we don't win something this/next year.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
His fingers are part of his hand. The rules for defenders and attackers are not the same. Any handball whether it’s unintentional or hand don’t leave natural position don’t matter when it comes to goals. It will be chalked off
Yeah but main point is the 0:11 you were talking about was absolutely untrue. It didn't hit his elbow or arms.

TriniGunner

This post signifies that AM has hit rock-bottom.

Imagine having to invoke Leicester City, a club that fluked their way to the title, as a way to highlight our inefficacy in front of goal. It's an absolute travesty.
It's a fact, stop getting your underwear all soiled bro. There were games during their title run where they played really badly but Vardy was always ruthless when he got the chance. After that, the momentum of the game swung in their favour and they were able to win. Football isn't rocket science and much like most team sports, it's psychology says that momentum in your favour is critical to game state and your ability to take control in key moments. Goals change matches and we won't have a 38 game season where we're playing well each game week. Sometimes you need individual quality to lift the team and that's where we're seriously lacking. Ronaldo did it for Utd. Hazard did it for Chelsea. Aguero did it for City. Let's not diminish Leceister City's title run because it was indicative of what you can do when you have quality in key positions and players who can change the game.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

It's a fact, stop getting your underwear all soiled bro. There were games during their title run where they played really badly but Vardy was always ruthless when he got the chance. After that, the momentum of the game swung in their favour and they were able to win. Football isn't rocket science and much like most team sports, it's psychology says that momentum in your favour is critical to game state and your ability to take control in key moments. Goals change matches and we won't have a 38 game season where we're playing well each game week. Sometimes you need individual quality to lift the team and that's where we're seriously lacking. Ronaldo did it for Utd. Hazard did it for Chelsea. Aguero did it for City. Let's not diminish Leceister City's title run because it was indicative of what you can do when you have quality in key positions and players who can change the game.

For the record, I'd like to point out this came to a permanent stop approximately 37 years ago :lol:

Camus

Trusted ⭐
On paper you could say Newcastle and Villa away are matches you can drop points. In reality I really feel we should be unbeaten at this point. And if it wasn’t for a combination of ref corruption/incompetence and us not burying our chances we would be unbeaten. Only lost 2 games and Liverpool are top and that’s worrying because they can still improve in a lot of ways. City also always seem to have a comeback in them. Villa I think will drop off but they’re in this until they’re not.
I think games against direct title rivals will be key this season. If we can get a net positive result in our upcoming fixtures against Liverpool, then I think that will go a long way to alleviating these lingering doubts. I hope...

ptrcopp

Yeah it seems like there is always something missing, is it a striker? I'm not even sure.

This is definitely something that is missing. Jesus had two and Nketiah one solid chance yesterday, never mind the misses by others.

But there is an urgency missing at the moment for large parts of our game. We had it for 10-15 minutes either side of half time and that was it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom