• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

TriniGunner

This is definitely something that is missing. Jesus had two and Nketiah one solid chance yesterday, never mind the misses by others.

But there is an urgency missing at the moment for large parts of our game. We had it for 10-15 minutes either side of half time and that was it
No rocket science, it's a striker. One who doesn't mess about needing 5 chances to score 1. Last week Eddie missed a 1v1. We can't be accepting that AND challenging for the league title with City and Liverpool. Ivan Toney would add another dimension to our attack as he's good with both the ball at his feet and in the air. Defenders knowing we have a striker like that for crosses and free kicks, along with the fact that he's really good running off defender's shoulders would really add a level of unpredictability to our attacking play.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
No rocket science, it's a striker. One who doesn't mess about needing 5 chances to score 1. Last week Eddie missed a 1v1. We can't be accepting that AND challenging for the league title with City and Liverpool. Ivan Toney would add another dimension to our attack as he's good with both the ball at his feet and in the air. Defenders knowing we have a striker like that for crosses and free kicks, along with the fact that he's really good running off defender's shoulders would really add a level of unpredictability to our attacking play.

Toney is not realistic in the January window, we cant spend 70 million on him because of FFP. We're probably going to get a defender in.

ksarp

We lost this game because we failed to EXECUTE when it counted. Ødegaard's misses. Other than that, Villa did nothing we couldn't handle. We dominated them at home, that'a a positive. Maybe we need a more clinical striker, maybe not, but chances were created. BTW is it me or does Ben White look emaciated?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What guilt edged chances did Jesus miss vs Villa? Am I missing something? It's clear to me that Martinelli had a poor game and we had no one on the bench similar to him (with enough quality) to come on and be a game changer. All this talk of clinical striker is bollocks. Imagine if we could have a Luis Diaz come off the bench or a Darwin Nunez to cause havoc. We're short another dynamic forward with pace, it's obvious.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I think Villa scored a very good goal and then didn't do much else after that.
Yes, but this is how Emery teams play. They are moments teams, that try to turn the rest of the game into a battlefield of direct balls that go nowhere, so that neither side has any sort of control. It's how we played under him, it's how he won each EL.

HattoriHanzo

And the ref conclusively saw all that from 30 yards away, with players in his way as well?

Yeah, not buying it. The referee wanted to cancel the goal and he did just that. VAR could not overturn the onfield decision either likely due to lack of conclusive evidence.

Another one to remember when we make a case for biased refereeing. No question about it.

That’s all I’ll say on this topic. It is what it is.
From one comment in Guardian this morning:

We don't appreciate officials enough but I think there needs to be a whole scientific stuff on Jarred Gillett's superpowers.

Liverpool fan Jarred may be 20 meters away, he may have multiple bodies directly in his eye-line, yet despite all these almost insurmountable obstacles, he has managed to see the smallest of hand balls from Havertz whilst completely missing the ball smash Matty Cash's hand twice.

Bravo Jarred, when's the next series of the x-men?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the main problem, the fact that he disallowed the goal before any VAR intervention.
No way he could see Havertz handball.
If the original decision is "Goal disallowed", it's much easier for VAR to confirm referee decision.
Had the original decision been that the goal is OK, they would have to prove that Havertz touched the ball with his hand.
I looked the video clip of the situation few times, and I'm still not 100% sure that Havertz touched the ball with his hand.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From one comment in Guardian this morning:

We don't appreciate officials enough but I think there needs to be a whole scientific stuff on Jarred Gillett's superpowers.

Liverpool fan Jarred may be 20 meters away, he may have multiple bodies directly in his eye-line, yet despite all these almost insurmountable obstacles, he has managed to see the smallest of hand balls from Havertz whilst completely missing the ball smash Matty Cash's hand twice.

Bravo Jarred, when's the next series of the x-men?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the main problem, the fact that he disallowed the goal before any VAR intervention.
No way he could see Havertz handball.
If the original decision is "Goal disallowed", it's much easier for VAR to confirm referee decision.
Had the original decision been that the goal is OK, they would have to prove that Havertz touched the ball with his hand.
I looked the video clip of the situation few times, and I'm still not 100% sure that Havertz touched the ball with his hand.

Oh but they would have been sure he handballed it.

I think we will genuinely have to take thr game out of the referees hands, which realistically means winning by more than 1 goal. We can't afford to let Brighton score first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom