• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Newcastle United 0 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday 7th, May | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcastle-united-arsenal-770x513.jpeg

free picture upload sites

Pretty much a low scoring affair.
Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
True, their game is based on winning duels and pouncing on loose balls in open play. If you remember last season, that’s how they got the advantage.

So it goes without saying that we need to be very tidy on the ball and play the game in their half, and keep them squeezed and unable to get that outlet ball.

But most importantly we need to score first. That will force them to adapt and take more risks.
Couldn’t agree more. Us chasing a lead will suit them immensely.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
The reason I’m confident is because Newcastle are a team that needs space to transition. Deny them that space either by sitting deep or pressing them high and prevent Willock type outlet passes, and you make them look ordinary.

If we have defenders that allow us to push up and recover defensively with pace, we have a chance at taking the lead and opening them up.

It’s a similar thing that we did at Brighton, we took the lead and forced them to adjust. They were then murdered in transition.

It will be a tough game but we are built for these contests now

You mean the same space we leave available due to our high line and dysfunctional organization? We are one of the worse teams during transition from Attack to defense in terms of shape. That aside this Newcastle team excels under pressure. So us scoring first won’t faze them. It might make them even more focused.

The one thing I know will work for us is that whenever I have watched them this season they always have a 10-15 minute spell when they drop their levels of focus and performance and that is when you strike. They can be broken down but they won’t go meekly.

I actually have this one as a home win or a draw. I’d like the draw to be honest. They’ve been scoring for fun lately and we need to ensure that they don’t start too early in this game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Would go five at the back here, even if Gabriel is fit.

Ramsdale
White-Kiwior-Gabriel-Tierney-Zinchenko
Jorginho-Ødegaard-Xhaka
Jesus-Martinelli
... don't know what's happened to Partey, either he's injured or in awful form...either way, you could say on form that Jorginho deserves to start right now, so a back 5 best suits him and Xhaka...could go Trossard, but would slightly prefer Gabby M here.

Even if Partey is fit, don't really trust us to play a back 4 that has no Saliba, plus Jakub and Olek in it...would be madness for an away game, imo.

We were good against Chelsea, but this will be very different/difficult and we need to try something different with no William and no in form Thomas.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would go five at the back here, even if Gabriel is fit.

Ramsdale
White-Kiwior-Gabriel-Tierney-Zinchenko
Jorginho-Ødegaard-Xhaka
Jesus-Martinelli
... don't know what's happened to Partey, either he's injured or in awful form...either way, you could say on form that Jorginho deserves to start right now, so a back 5 best suits him and Xhaka...could go Trossard, but would slightly prefer Gabby M here.

Even if Partey is fit, don't really trust us to play a back 4 that has no Saliba, plus Jakub and Olek in it...would be madness for an away game, imo.

We were good against Chelsea, but this will be very different/difficult and we need to try something different with no William and no in form Thomas.

Did you propose this when we went to Anfield?

If no, why not?

Riou

Did you propose this when we went to Anfield?

If no, why not?

We were still in form then and Partey was playing well, even without Saliba...was begging for this at City though 😅

Just feel there is still a little iffy-ness about us defensively right now, would like to protect that a little to be honest.

Riou

See this being a proper awful game, tbh.

Newcastle will run around trying to kick us the whole game, we will huff and puff with the ball but not do much really...the game will peter out to a 0-0...

Until Arteta introduces Big Robbie Holdini from the bench to help us see out the draw, instead the long haired one will do this in the 90th minute for a BIG 🌳points for The Arse...

...all this happens after Big Sam ****houses his way to a point v Josep "Roger the Alien" Fraudiola the day before, Pep is too intimated by Allardyce's alpha-ness/hair and doesn't win another game this season.

While we win all our remaining games (bar a draw v Forest, want them to stay up) to win the league by 4 clear points...City also lose to Madrid and Yanited allowing myself and @Juan Matas Beard to complete the fabled "joint domestic Treble" to put the cherry on the cake...

beer-bottle.gif

Pop Tart

Established Member
See this being a proper awful game, tbh.

Newcastle will run around trying to kick us the whole game, we will huff and puff with the ball but not do much really...the game will peter out to a 0-0...

Until Arteta introduces Big Robbie Holdini from the bench to help us see out the draw, instead the long haired one will do this in the 90th minute for a BIG 🌳points for The Arse...

...all this happens after Big Sam ****houses his way to a point v Josep "Roger the Alien" Fraudiola the day before, Pep is too intimated by Allardyce's alpha-ness/hair and doesn't win another game this season.

While we win all our remaining games (bar a draw v Forest, want them to stay up) to win the league by 4 clear points...City also lose to Madrid and Yanited allowing myself and @Juan Matas Beard to complete the fabled "joint domestic Treble" to put the cherry on the cake...

beer-bottle.gif
Haaland scoring a own goal in the cup final would be something to behold.

HighburyHigh

This is probably the nastiest away game we could have had left other than City & Anfield.

Their fans are beer bellied whingers that whinge and protest at every decision the referee makes against them. Always baying for a red card or penalty even when it's not even a close one.

Big cry baby t*sspots of the highest order..

bastun

Player:Saka
Newcasle won't be wasteful like Chelsea and will punish our in game patches where we look abysmal. I don't see anything more than a draw here especially if Gabriel is out.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Toughest game possible, but we fear absolutely no one away this season. It’s actually the home games that have been more troublesome. Well, except for that last away game. But we don’t speak about that.

Just imagine if, after the abject display at St James Park last season, a time traveller told you the next time you played there you’d be clinging on in a title race with a few games left. You’d laugh in his/her/their face and then you’d ask who won the World Cup so you could pile a load of money on it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think we've got the superior quality in all honesty. Not taking away from guys like Willock, Almiron, Isak, etc but I think we're a step above in terms of quality in the final third especially. Newcastle will try to build us, will be tough and physical. It's about going there with confidence in what we can do, playing how we want to play and having the bottle to get the job done.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we've got the superior quality in all honesty. Not taking away from guys like Willock, Almiron, Isak, etc but I think we're a step above in terms of quality in the final third especially. Newcastle will try to build us, will be tough and physical. It's about going there with confidence in what we can do, playing how we want to play and having the bottle to get the job done.
Yep, we have the better squad, no doubt. And now the pressure's off a bit, who knows, we might just scrape something.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Isak is a gunman. I didn’t really believe he was worth the fee that was being thrown around when we were linked but it seems I was wrong. Look at how confident he is in his own ability 👀 I wish we had a CF who was as confident:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does #5 come back in? J20 played well the other night but Newcastle away is probably the most physical game in the league, think we need him back in tbh.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Does #5 come back in? J20 played well the other night but Newcastle away is probably the most physical game in the league, think we need him back in tbh.

Unlike others who are opting for a negative 5 at the back system and inviting pressure, I think we should go with three in the midfield to control the game but I very much doubt Arteta would opt for that as there’s no way he’s change the system.

I was calling for the below when we played at Anfield to see out the game:

Martinelli Jesus
Ødegaard
Xhaka Jorginho Partey
Zinchenko Gabriel Kiwior White
Ramsdale
Xhaka and Partey can provide protection centrally and to the wide areas where Newcastle are pretty strong at. More bodies in there will mask J5 deficiencies and Jesus + Martinelli can stretch their backline.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Parety was probably rested rather than dropped. Saka came off at 60 as well. Jorginho did well tbf, this isn't the game to be messing around with team selections though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom