• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Bournemouth vs. Arsenal - Sunday 07.02.2016 - 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Guys,
Leicester have lost only 2 games this season and have played ALL their 'tough' games except at home to Arsenal. That's stuff champions are made of.
Arenal have lost 6 and are yet to play at least 3 tough games
We've only lost 5 by the way. Leicester last 2 away games are at UTD. & Chelsea btw.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Guys,
Leicester have lost only 2 games this season and have played ALL their 'tough' games except at home to Arsenal. That's stuff champions are made of.
Arenal have lost 6 and are yet to play at least 3 tough games

One of those losses happened to be against us, and that was 5-2 at their home ground.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
One of those losses happened to be against us, and that was 5-2 at their home ground.
They changed formation and tactics after that game I think, stuck with that up to now which have seen them leading the race at the moment, won't be a similar match.

GoonerBoy19

I hope we would never see flamini playing again for arsenal. Cant tolerate him doing all this nonsense game after game.

MagicalRozza

Alexis usually does. But I think he's wearing Orange Laceless. Look again when he's next on camera, I maybe wrong.
He is supposedly wearing these:
bright-mango-nike-mercurial-superfly-2016-football-boots-3.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I do wonder if I occupy a different planet from some people. They complain that people expect fifa esque transfers when the reality is that's not something that can be done yet expect fifa football for ninety minutes. Personally I presume the transfer business is easier than the football because of the momentum and pace football is played at. A mistake in a second can be costly in a transfer mistakes aren't made in a second and you've much longer than 90 minutes to put it right.

Anyway. We won. We looked well. Overall we deserved the victory and got one. We probably, glass half fullers, deserved a victory after our performance against Southampton that merited three points so on the whole we got 4 points out of six which is on the whole a fair assessment of where we have been.

Not sure what else people can ask for. Play well and lose play, well if that's what you prefer okay dokely be satisfied with glorious failure. Play well and win great play okay and win great play poor and win great. The result is what we our all about the performance is just a means of getting there.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Only five clean sheets in the League, since the start of November.....that's quite poor for a title challenging side with issues up front. I know injuries are partly to blame and all that, but shoring up the defense really would've helped.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We've only conceded 1 goal in 7 premier league games where Gabriel has completed 90 minutes.

Anyways great win and an added bonus of the clean sheet. Really need to rack up a few wins now.

eye4goal

Established Member
Happy with the win, but feel we missed an opportunity to gain some confidence and play some players into form. Wenger looked incredibly nervous at the end even with 2-3 mins to go. It doesn't bode too well, when you see how relaxed and assured Leicester and Sp**s look right now, but maybe that's down to them being on good runs.

9jagooner

Beat Utd twice, beat City twice and beat Leicester - pretty good I say.
Sorry, I read since last January as January 2016 - a period where our results have not been good at all. And I'd rather focus on current form. I'm not a fan of 'Arsenal would have won the league if it ran from January till December'.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Aaron Ramsey vs Mathieu Flamini

Tackles Won: 5-1
Tackles Attempted: 7-2
Interceptions: 4-3
Aerial Duels Won: 2-0
Total Passes: 63-46
"Key" Passes: 2-0

Wenger just has to see how much Flamini holds us back, how little he contributes. He's embarrassing, outperformed by Ramsey even in places that are "his job".

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wenger just has to see how much Flamini holds us back, how little he contributes. He's embarrassing, outperformed by Ramsey even in places that are "his job".

A chair, positioned just in front our back four would have more interceptions and won more aerial duels.

9jagooner

Exactly and the other against Liverpool.
We've dropped points in games we shouldn't have this season which is why some fans are pessimistic of our chances. They also don't have Champ's league games (at least two) to bother themselves about.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Those stats don't surprise me, I mentioned earlier Flamini (as usual) barely did anything today. We can't underestimate how important the central midfield area is on a football pitch- the engine room, the place where a split decision can be made to produce a goal.

Flamini makes his job look an impossible task, he's that bad. I don't expect him to carve teams open with passing, but even 5 yard passes he looks unbalanced when hitting. For a "holding" midfielder he wins no tackles. He also mis-times most his sliding challenges and just ends up lying on his back whilst the opposition counters.

That two footed tackle earlier today was just *. What's the point? I've watched it over and over, why on earth has he gone in two footed there? This guy is a complete and utter liability and Ramsey actually carried him today.

Can't wait for Coq to come back in the team, someone who actually knows how to win the ball.

nicky47

Established Member
Performance wasn't great, but I seriously couldn't care at all at the moment. We haven't won a game in a while, or even scored! So I'm just happy to see us back on track...

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Don't let the result fool you, I'm glad for the win but we were clinical and they weren't. Blessed to get a clean sheet.

I don't know about Bournemouth not being clinical, they barely threatened at all. That's the most comfortable I've felt about a result for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom