• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

Haha so Özil is now exempt from criticism now?

We was playing against some kids today but how dare we analyse some things that are wrong with this team? Özil cannot be relied upon when we need him to take the game and get at defenders, Alexis usually does that but he's been horrible. A goal and an assist is great but it can't mask the general problems. For the record he's one of the last players i'd sell but we have to build a team around him somewhat if it's going to work.
Not exempt from criticism but at this stage if someone is blaming Özil for our current problems they are nuts. He has been by far our best player all season and is the only one who constantly shows up. If we want scapegoat anyone its 1.) Walcott, he is completely useless, offers nothing, just stands around offside all game walking around. 2.) Ramsey, can't make a simple pass, constantly out of position, can't hang on to the ball, he is fine if on the right or partnered with a defensive and technically strong player (pre geriatric Arteta) but when he needs to hold on to the ball, ping some passes, or be somewhat disciplined he is absolutely piss poor. I have been saying it since Ramsey's purple patch a couple years ago, when Ramsey is not scoring and covering up for his short comings he can be a liability. 3.) Wenger, besides the lack of adequate signings/squad depth that has killed us the last two years, he was clueless with his lineup and subs and out coached by LvG. Walcott should be a late sub when the game opens up and legs are tired, Giroud should have started, esp against Blind and Carrick. Coq should have stayed on instead of Elneny, we were just getting some momentum. Welbeck should have stayed on, him and Özil were the only two worth a damn today. But yeah, Özil sucks and doesn't show up in big games... Rolls eyes

Last edited:
I hadn't chance to watch the match unfortunately/luckily but I see you guys are rating Cech as one of the players who can keep his head up-so they've had so much chances or he just didn't bottle?

I was afraid their teenage striker will score after his brace against Midgetland, though wasn't expecting this...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Agree with the positions you've quoted. There's a lot to do but it won't take more money than we have to do it especially if we get rid of the deadwood.
The way I look at it getting rid of Ramsey and Walcott in addition to Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky's wages is almost enough to buy Goetze and Xhaka or Krychowiak. We'd maybe have to spend another 20 million or so to make up the difference. We would then have easily 50-80 million that we could spend on a top class striker and a respectable CB. Then you just fill out the squad with smart buys ala Payet and promising youngsters like Iwobi.

We could spend easily set up like this next year without going completely mental in the transfer market:

Sanchez Morata or Sturridge
Özil
Goetze or Isco Cazorla
Xhaka or Krychowiak
Monreal Koscielny Javi Martinez Bellerin​

Bench: Giroud, Welbeck, Sczcesny, Gibbs, Wilshere(Ox), Coq(Elneny)Gabriel/Mertesacker
That team isn't going to lose the ball very often and they can kill you on the counter and defend. Should be competitive on all fronts at the very least and we've got the money to make it happen.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Honestly, If that really happens, I'll be unfollowing all football accounts on Twitter and I'll leave this forum until the start of next season. I won't even follow our transfers. I'll have nothing to do with the sport.

The whole of next season you would have to put up with them being known as the reigning champions... genujnely think id take a year off of football. Seriously.

djoeru

It's a bit sad for me that i've become a "well-known Member" on this forum today, the same day i'm thinking about giving up on football :(

When we lost 8:2 we had 8 players injured. Manchester had 12 injured against us today... Let that sink in..

Yeah we never take our chances when we have a good opportunity to humiliate some rivals. Like chelsea this season, it's crazy to think that they beat us the both games.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The whole of next season you would have to put up with them being known as the reigning champions... genujnely think id take a year off of football. Seriously.

Deep down I think City will win it, as I stands I don't think any of the top 3 have the bottle when it really matters.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Im avoiding all football sites bar this one from now until next season. I cant even feel good about wearing the shirt in public. We are a laughing stock in the world of football!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I had a year off Football a few years back. Did wonders for me, met my now wife. Thinking I could take a year out again and take the next big career leap lol.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not exempt from criticism but at this stage if someone is blaming Özil for our current problems they are nuts. He has been by far our best player all season and is the only one who constantly shows up. If we want scapegoat anyone its 1.) Walcott, he is completely useless, offers nothing, just stands around offside all game walking around. 2.) Ramsey, can't make a simple pass, constantly out of position, can't hang on to the ball, he is fine if on the right or partnered with a defensive and technically strong player (pre geriatric Arteta) but when he needs to hold on to the ball, ping some passes, or be somewhat disciplined he is absolutely piss poor. I have been saying it since Ramsey's purple patch a couple years ago, when Ramsey is not scoring and covering up for his short comings he can be a liability. 3.) Wenger, besides the lack of adequate signings/squad depth that has killed us the last two years, he was clueless with his lineup and subs and out coached by LvG. Walcott should be a late sub when the game opens up and legs are tired, Giroud should have started, esp against Blind and Carrick. Coq should have stayed on instead of Elneny, we were just getting some momentum. Welbeck should have stayed on, him and Özil were the only two worth a damn today. But yeah, Özil sucks and doesn't show up in big games... Rolls eyes
PARAGRAPHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom