• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Bournemouth v Arsenal | 3/1/17 | 7:45

Result?

• Third straight away loss, Arsenal style

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Victory

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalRozza

I have watched some of the AFTV videos before work and common thing is they claim the team started performing better when the fans started giving it to them and shouting "It's ****ing embarrassing". The stands are really close to the pitch so they were able to send the communication directly. I for once am not blaming Wenger for the initial team selection because it is an easy stick to hit him with and nobody can prove you wrong when you say that this player should have played instead of that player. However what I am blaming him for is not reacting to the development of the game, sitting there crossfaced and moaning to the refs and allowing his team who were obviously lost and in need of some guidance to just concede 3 goals. I mean for ****'s sake you can shout something to them you can order them to change formation, change positions etc. When you see your fastest player - Bellering being outrun and you know he is carrying a knock you either tell someone to cover for him or subsitute him with Jenks who at least is healthy and fresh. I am blaming him for not doing any changes at half time and for failing to motivate his team to just kill B'mouth after the break. Of course 48 hrs between games is not enough to fully recover but on paper we should dominate B'mouth with our B team and also had we been so tired why did we make the comeback in the last 20 mins? On the side note I have seen the Pool game and after our game I am starting to become Bournemouth's fan and a fan of Eddie Howe.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They beat City 1-0 and they are 3 points ahead of us with scarecrows for goalkeepers and lumbering jacks in midfield and LB, performing under a manager who's has only been with the club a single calendar year! That's what I would say.
Rubbish. Mignolet has hardly put a foot wrong this season, and their midfield is flying.

Their squad cost almost the same as ours and they lost 4-3 to Bournemouth. Their game against City was almost identical to ours, they completely folded in the second half . . but they were at home and City didn't get two off-side goals awarded.

They're only 3 points ahead over 19 games . . . and Klopp is brilliant and Wenger is complete and utter cack?

There's more sh*t on this forum than a large army latrine. It's a huge insight in people's ability to make stuff up to suit their POV. No wonder the world's in such a mess and people actually believe there's some little guy in the clouds controlling everybody's lives. F*** me.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Rubbish. Mignolet has hardly put a foot wrong this season, and their midfield is flying.

Their squad cost almost the same as ours and they lost 4-3 to Bournemouth. Their game against City was almost identical to ours, they completely folded in the second half . . but they were at home and City didn't get two off-side goals awarded.

They're only 3 points ahead over 19 games . . . and Klopp is brilliant and Wenger is complete and utter cack?

There's more sh*t on this forum than a large army latrine. It's a huge insight in people's ability to make stuff up to suit their POV. No wonder the world's in such a mess and people actually believe there's some little guy in the clouds controlling everybody's lives. F*** me.

LOL You can't be serious?! You're praising Mignolet. Give it a rest, will ya!

Most of the shiiiite on this forum, I'm sorry to say, comes from the Wenger defence league, of which you are chairman and treasurer.
Wenger has had 20 YEARS to build this squad. 20 YEARS in the PL. 20 YEARS playing winter fixtures. 20 YEARS of being god almighty of the Arsenal football club, and you are comparing him to Klopp???? Klopp a manager who is beating him at the moment with a lesser - no arguing that I'm afraid so save your hot breath - squad.

Oh and did they get awarded illegal goals???? Shock horror!!!!! Someone call Koscielny and inform him of the horrific injustice.

Seriously @Makingtrax I like you a lot and normally enjoy your posts, but right now I have very little patience for your drivel.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not saying we'd have won, but it shows the state of our squad when the same injury prone players every year aren't fit for us when we need them. Wenger said Bellerin was basically forced to play after a knock and Koscielny had cramp in both legs in the second half. Our oldest outfield player had to play twice in three days at LB.

The likes of Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Walcott, Cazorla and Welbeck can never be relied upon around this time of year. I mean you have a squad with THREE RB's and can't rest your best because one is always injured and the other is so bad he can't play at Bournemouth. What's the ****ing point.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Now that is absolute garbage. EVERY Liverpool fan I know has cursed Mignolet. Weak in the air, no organisation of his defenders, palms balls back into oncoming strikers.

He has either confirmed he is a troll or doesn't watch football, recently.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Its always interesting reading the match threads if I missed the game. Proper bipolar stuff :lol:

Btw, @MaraDon seeing the light about Wenger makes me happy and sad at the same time :( And @redanddread being broken makes me real sad :(. AM is not the same when he isn't happy and active.
Lol............I'm just not happy with Arsenal!

I feel like a guy who's been cheated on by his girl for the umpteenth time! :eek:

A good friend of mine, always used to tease me by saying, "He'll never learn". He wasn't referring to Arsenal but he might have well as.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Lol............I'm just not happy with Arsenal!

I feel like a guy who's been cheated on by his girl for the umpteenth time! :eek:
Thank goodness! I meant in AM activity/posting terms. You seemed a bit low profile since the Man City loss. I've personally lost it with Wenger to no return as well since then. Its affected me a lot tbh.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Thank goodness! I meant in AM activity/posting terms. You seemed a bit low profile since the Man City loss. I've personally lost it with Wenger to no return as well since then. Its affected me a lot tbh.
Yeah, I was - it sucked the hope out of me. I'll be fine down the stretch when we're battling it out for 4th...

4R5Emaniac

Amazing what lengths you take it to while being clueless. Liverpool are not on our level in any position player for player bar Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino. Their defenders are individually not even on Liverpool level let alone ours and they play a midfielder at LB. Jordan freaking Henderson is their midfield linchpin and leader. Mignolet and Karius are PL and Bundesliga midtable caliber.

Why post here if you don't like it and us? Nobody here below your genius intellectual level could've forced you to read and comment. The non existing little man in the sky controlling your life?

WhatAFC

Most of the shiiiite on this forum, I'm sorry to say, comes from the Wenger defence league, of which you are chairman and treasurer.
Wenger has had 20 YEARS to build this squad. 20 YEARS in the PL. 20 YEARS playing winter fixtures. 20 YEARS of being god almighty of the Arsenal football club, and you are comparing him to Klopp???? Klopp a manager who is beating him at the moment with a lesser - no arguing that I'm afraid so save your hot breath - squad.
He really hasn't had 20 years to build this squad though has he. He's been able to spend decent money for 3 years, and even then we had a transition of major dead wood from the no spending years. Since Ferguson left Man Utd they've spent over half a BILLION and are not really in a hugely better position. That's been during the same period that wenger has had more financial freedom.

WhatAFC

Amazing what lengths you take it to while being clueless. Liverpool are not on our level in any position player for player bar Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino. Their defenders are individually not even on Liverpool level let alone ours and they play a midfielder at LB. Jordan freaking Henderson is their midfield linchpin and leader. Mignolet and Karius are PL and Bundesliga midtable caliber.

Why post here if you don't like it and us? Nobody here below your genius intellectual level could've forced you to read and comment. The non existing little man in the sky controlling your life?
Milner has done a better job this season than any of our left backs. They have better forward options than us. Mane has a better overall game than the majority of our wingers.

4R5Emaniac

Milner has done a better job this season than any of our left backs. They have better forward options than us. Mane has a better overall game than the majority of our wingers.
Really? Alexis, Giroud, Lucas, Theo, Ox and Iwobi aren't worse than Liverpools in anyway. Hell, if they were than its Wenger's poor judgement and squad building with a bigger budget, CL football to offer. Mane is one I'll give you that but Milner is playing a solid patch up job than anything more than a serious left back option.

Personally would take just Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino in our squad from their lot. We should still be better than them without any changes to the current squads.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/bournemouth-vs-arsenal/bournemouth-goal-2-0-penalty.html

Xhaka on Fraser: "a nudge its stupid."

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/bournemouth-vs-arsenal/bournemouth-goal-3-0.html

Fraser on Bellerin: "oh I think the wee man got away with one there."

Both incidents couldn't be more similar if Xhaka and Fraser rehearsed it together. But yeah, fair play, it evens out over the course of a season, right??

I'm really falling out of love with high level football, I can't wait for the video ref to finally be implemented. Half of these refs are idiots, and even if they aren't, its too fast for them anyway. I can deal with Arsenal bottling it, used to it for years, but I'm done with this double standard.

4R5Emaniac

A good friend of mine, always used to tease me by saying, "He'll never learn". He wasn't referring to Arsenal but he might have well as.
Hah, I find myself in that sorta thing pretty frequently too. This game I haven't watched and don't want to in hope of keeping it together. I feel less negative and seething with anger, frustration and depression.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Excuse me but aren't you losing it a little? What does religion have to do with it?
Getting angry with twisted logic is a human trait.

Carried to it's extreme you sadly get 84 people mown down by a truck in Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom