• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

The position of his arms really aren't that unnatural considering the situation. It's not like he is trying to block the ball, his arms are in that position in order to maintain balance.
His arms were above his head, not sure you see many people wandering around like that.

The natural position for your arms is by your side, there's been plenty of handball decisions given when people slide and their arm follows them and the ball hits it, while the player hasn't purposefully put his hand there it's an unnatural position for it to be in.

WhatAFC

anyway three cheers for a REF that makes a statement.
It was about time they had the courage to get the RED out for 'simulation' - f'in cheating.
The game would be better if more Refs have the balls even in the big games.
This, I think the new rules regarding retrospective action for diving is going to see a harder line in general taken by referees.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
anyway three cheers for a REF that makes a statement.
It was about time they had the courage to get the RED out for 'simulation' - f'in cheating.
The game would be better if more Refs have the balls even in the big games.
It was a yellow card for diving for Moses. He got double yellow=red and thus was sent off.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hey!! Please tell me you love Wenger again...should have taken a A-M banner with you..:lol:
I'll always love Wenger, but he's still not the man to take us forward imo. His haughtiness in recent times makes many peoples blood boil. He's too old for this **** anyway. Now would be a beautiful time to go.

AM banner :lol: So I get stoned to death on Wembley way?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'll always love Wenger, but he's still not the man to take us forward imo. His haughtiness in recent times makes many peoples blood boil. He's too old for this **** anyway. Now would be a beautiful time to go.

A lot people hate this forum then go on Twitter and foam at the mouth 1000x worse than anyone does on here.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Love this quote from Arseblog today:

"The Arsenal giveth, and the Arsenal taketh away. How much does Aaron love a cup final, eh? What a man. The winner in 2014 and the winner yesterday ensuring that John Terry was sad and could not inflict upon the world whatever egomaniacal thing he had prepared in the event of a Chelsea win. And you know he had prepared something."

What a bonus - ruining that racist, sexist, wife shagging son of a shoplifters last ever day as founder member of the Chelsea rent boys...

Wilshero

His arms were above his head, not sure you see many people wandering around like that.

The natural position for your arms is by your side, there's been plenty of handball decisions given when people slide and their arm follows them and the ball hits it, while the player hasn't purposefully put his hand there it's an unnatural position for it to be in.
Like I said in my first post, the 'natural position' is highly dependent on the situation. I bet you aren't running at full speed with your arms clinched to your sides for instance? His arms are not in that position to block the ball, but to keep his balance, hence it should not be considered a deliberate handball and the referee should not blow his wistle.

We ****ted our pants in the first half against in first half against Hull. We destroyed Aston Villa.

But this performance was on another level. We played the game like we were the Premier league winners. We dominated the game for large parts and when Chelsea had the ball our defense was solid as rock.

This type of performance constantly against the big clubs should be our aim next season.

Probably false dawn once again but I haven't been so impressed with our boys in long time. This is the first game I have re-watched. Brilliant brilliant performance.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This type of performance constantly against the big clubs should be our aim next season.
We've done well against every top team except Liverpool and Sp**s. Those two seem to really know how to **** us these days.

We've been quite good since top 4 was at threat, unfortunately that might be more evidence that Wenger can't motivate this side for the right reasons.

kopzilla

Always Negative

A lot people hate this forum then go on Twitter and foam at the mouth 1000x worse than anyone does on here.

I don't live in the UK..so if I want to enjoy the atmosphere of a matchday I have to go to my local Arsenal supporters club.

However I have been avoiding going there because I knew we would not be at our best this season. I could have gone for the cup final but I was not confident of a victory and I'd prefer watching the match at home.

Let me tell you..I can't watch matches without this forum...I can't even follow Arsenal without this forum. I joined it way back in 2005 and have been following matchday threads ever since.

I don't get why people would hate this forum.I think this forum is one of the best fan forums on the net.

BobP

Memri Fan
711ts895770z.jpg

Reminiscent of Bielsa's 3313.

Ewarwoowar

Like I said in my first post, the 'natural position' is highly dependent on the situation. I bet you aren't running at full speed with your arms clinched to your sides for instance? His arms are not in that position to block the ball, but to keep his balance, hence it should not be considered a deliberate handball and the referee should not blow his wistle.
Yes the general rule of thumb is did He move hand toward the ball, no He did not. You hear all the time when a player is hit with the ball like in that circumstance Kante fires the ball, it's ball to hand almost point blank range, happens all the time and goes unpunished.

Imo the Cahil one is slightly more blatant. Even though his arm is by his side there is a cheeky little move of the elbow and a guilty look in his eye, not a pen and no way for the officials to spot any way.

FreakySami

We've done well against every top team except Liverpool and Sp**s. Those two seem to really know how to **** us these days.

We've been quite good since top 4 was at threat, unfortunately that might be more evidence that Wenger can't motivate this side for the right reasons.
He explained what happened, you should go and listen to what Wenger said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom