• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoom

Lovely player on his day but the only way this makes sense is if one of Özil or Sanchez is leaving. Or we are reverting back to 4231.

nicky47

Established Member
Such a shame Özil can't partner Xhaka. If he could, and we managed to get the likes of Mahrez, we could still stick to a 343.

As far as I'm concerned we should continue with the formation we ended the season with. I understand peoples worry that a new winger means Alexis gone, but we should be looking to add quality on top of quality. Apart from Alexis our forwards have let us down countless times.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't see AW spending £40m on a rotation option when we have Welbeck, Giroud, Walcott, Perez & Iwobi. With Sanchez, Özil and now Lacazette that would be 9 players for 3 spots.

Why would we have bid for Lemar then? Knowing Alexis is nailed on for that LW spot.

Its not purely rotation its having in mind that Alexis will be leaving next summer. Buying his replacement now to integrate with the squad is perfect.

If that player flops you can then have a rejig next summer.

shoom

Giroud and Perez will probably leave, maybe Walcott aswell.

Maybe. But Mahrez would be competing with Özil and Sanchez for a spot and they start almost every league game. I just can't see Wenger spending that kind of money on someone to sit on the bench for most of the season.

I suppose it also depends how seriously he intends to take the Europa League though.

every little thing

Such a shame Özil can't partner Xhaka. If he could, and we managed to get the likes of Mahrez, we could still stick to a 343.

As far as I'm concerned we should continue with the formation we ended the season with. I understand peoples worry that a new winger means Alexis gone, but we should be looking to add quality on top of quality. Apart from Alexis our forwards have let us down countless times.

I think Özil can play along with xhaka. We should try this

wigner

If Mahrez, then why not Dembele? The valuations won't be that different, one is £40m and the other is £60m.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe. But Mahrez would be competing with Özil and Sanchez for a spot and they start almost every league game. I just can't see Wenger spending that kind of money on someone to sit on the bench for most of the season.

I suppose it also depends how seriously he intends to take the Europa League though.
Well we've been told change is imminent. Maybe you're just a negative Nancy and you have to see it to believe it but fit the rest of us we just wanna have done fun;)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I could see him starting. The rumoured CM targets suggest that 3421 isn't set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom